Closed

user's account frequently gets locked out

Hi folks,
We're running 2003 AD server and XP clients. One of the user's account
frequently gets locked out. He has to call help desk often to unlock it and
it would take him 30-40 mins to log back in. Any solutions?
Thanks
Seelan
6 answers Last reply
More about user account frequently locked

    Seelan wrote:

    > Hi folks,
    > We're running 2003 AD server and XP clients. One of the user's
    > account frequently gets locked out. He has to call help desk
    > often to unlock it and it would take him 30-40 mins to log back
    > in. Any solutions?
    Hi,

    Account Lockout and Management Tools
    http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyId=7AF2E69C-91F3-4E63-8629-B999ADDE0B9E&displaylang=en

    and

    Troubleshooting account lockout problems in Windows Server 2003, in
    Windows 2000, and in Windows NT 4.0
    http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;315585

    the 1328 page Scripting Guide:

    Can you tell me which tool exactly please?
    Thanks

    Seelan wrote:

    > "Torgeir Bakken (MVP)" <Torgeir.Bakken-spam@hydro.com> wrote:
    >
    >> Account Lockout and Management Tools
    >> http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyId=7AF2E69C-91F3-4E63-8629-B999ADDE0B9E&displaylang=en
    >>
    >> and
    >>
    >> Troubleshooting account lockout problems in Windows Server 2003, in
    >> Windows 2000, and in Windows NT 4.0
    >> http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;315585
    >>

    > Can you tell me which tool exactly please?

    Hi,

    ALockout.dll on the computer that the user uses, and also
    LockoutStatus.exe.

    You should also read the two following chapters

    "Troubleshooting Account Lockout"
    "Account Lockout Tools"

    here:
    http://www.microsoft.com/technet/prodtechnol/windowsserver2003/technologies/security/bpactlck.mspx

    > Seelan wrote:
    >
    >> "Torgeir Bakken (MVP)" <Torgeir.Bakken-spam@hydro.com> wrote:
    >>
    >>> Account Lockout and Management Tools
    >>> http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyId=7AF2E69C-91F3-4E63-8629-B999ADDE0B9E&displaylang=en
    >>>
    >>> and
    >>>
    >>> Troubleshooting account lockout problems in Windows Server 2003, in
    >>> Windows 2000, and in Windows NT 4.0
    >>> http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;315585
    >>>

    >> Can you tell me which tool exactly please?
    >>
    > Hi,
    >
    > ALockout.dll on the computer that the user uses, and also
    > LockoutStatus.exe.
    >
    > You should also read the two following chapters
    >
    > "Troubleshooting Account Lockout"
    > "Account Lockout Tools"
    >
    > here:
    > http://www.microsoft.com/technet/prodtechnol/windowsserver2003/technologies/security/bpactlck.mspx

    > the 1328 page Scripting Guide:
  5. Dear friends,

    Its too simple...

    Go to Administrative tools-->AD user and computer

    Then select the that particular user(Locked user account).

    Go to that user Properties.

    In the Account tab, un-check the password never expires option.

    Thats all.....

    Cheers,
    fun_o_fun
  6. This topic has been closed by Buwish