Drivers for Powercolor ATI AIW 9800 pro?

I am about to get this card. Does it use the normal drivers available
on the ATI.com site please (including MMC etc)?
3 answers Last reply
More about drivers powercolor 9800

    devdeep wrote:

    > I am about to get this card. Does it use the normal drivers available
    > on the ATI.com site please (including MMC etc)?

    Yes. I have yet to see the first ATi-based videocard which doesn't work with
    the ATi reference drivers. In fact, almost all videocard manufacturers
    supply the ATi Catalyst drivers themselves - only with a different logo...
    :)

    =- Brian Dickens, the Netherlands

    On Thu, 26 May 2005 13:40:04 +0200, "Brian Dickens"
    <newsgroups@(remove-this)briandickens.demon.nl> wrote:

    >devdeep wrote:
    >
    >> I am about to get this card. Does it use the normal drivers available
    >> on the ATI.com site please (including MMC etc)?
    >
    >Yes. I have yet to see the first ATi-based videocard which doesn't work with
    >the ATi reference drivers. In fact, almost all videocard manufacturers
    >supply the ATi Catalyst drivers themselves - only with a different logo...
    >:)
    >

    > =- Brian Dickens, the Netherlands

    OEM cards should work perfectly well with the ATI display drivers, but
    will not always work with MMC - in particular, the some versions of
    the TV/Video In app will not work with OEM AIW or VIVO cards. You'll
    notice that while, as Brian says, most OEM manufacturers offer a
    version of the Catalyst display drivers a version or two older than
    the current ATI ones, they don't offer MMC versions.

    OEM cards can sometimes be modified to run TV/Video in apps by hacking
    the card BIOS so it identifies itself as a "Built by ATI" card - but
    not always.

    In addition, of course, if you want to install any of the licensed ATI
    DVD player apps, you'll need an appropriate ATI CD.

    Patrick

    <patrickp@5acoustibop.co.uk> - take five to email me...

    patrickp wrote:
    > On Thu, 26 May 2005 13:40:04 +0200, "Brian Dickens"
    > <newsgroups@(remove-this)briandickens.demon.nl> wrote:
    >

    >>devdeep wrote:
    >>

    >>>I am about to get this card. Does it use the normal drivers available
    >>>on the ATI.com site please (including MMC etc)?
    >>
    >>Yes. I have yet to see the first ATi-based videocard which doesn't work with
    >>the ATi reference drivers. In fact, almost all videocard manufacturers
    >>supply the ATi Catalyst drivers themselves - only with a different logo...
    >>:)
    >>

    >>=- Brian Dickens, the Netherlands
    >>

    > OEM cards should work perfectly well with the ATI display drivers, but
    > will not always work with MMC - in particular, the some versions of
    > the TV/Video In app will not work with OEM AIW or VIVO cards. You'll
    > notice that while, as Brian says, most OEM manufacturers offer a
    > version of the Catalyst display drivers a version or two older than
    > the current ATI ones, they don't offer MMC versions.
    >
    > OEM cards can sometimes be modified to run TV/Video in apps by hacking
    > the card BIOS so it identifies itself as a "Built by ATI" card - but
    > not always.
    >
    > In addition, of course, if you want to install any of the licensed ATI
    > DVD player apps, you'll need an appropriate ATI CD.
    >
    > Patrick
    >
    > <patrickp@5acoustibop.co.uk> - take five to email me...

    In the case of Powercolor, their driver download page contains hyper
    links to ATI's site! So they don't even bother with OEM. Fair enough.

    ---
    Virus Database (VPS): 0521-3, 26/05/2005
    Tested on: 27/05/2005 01:00:00

Radeon Drivers PowerColor ATI Graphics