Security policy for a limited account

Hi

Can anyone point me in the direction of instructions on how to set up a
policy to restrict access to options like the control panel on a limited
account on winXP Home. I need the administrator account to still have full
access just restrict a user with a limited account?

Thanks
3 answers Last reply
More about security policy limited account

    Doug's Windows XP Security Console

    [Courtesy of MS-MVP Doug Knox]

    --
    Carey Frisch
    Microsoft MVP

    "tom_the-confused" wrote:

    | Hi
    |
    | Can anyone point me in the direction of instructions on how to set up a
    | policy to restrict access to options like the control panel on a limited
    | account on winXP Home. I need the administrator account to still have full
    | access just restrict a user with a limited account?
    |
    | Thanks

    Thanks Carey - I'll try that

    "tom_the-confused" <tomtheconfused@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in
    message news:27363586-23CC-456A-BD6C-794FE317E186@microsoft.com...
    > Thanks Carey - I'll try that
    >
    > "Carey Frisch [MVP]" wrote:
    >
    >> Doug's Windows XP Security Console
    >>
    >> [Courtesy of MS-MVP Doug Knox]
    >>
    >> --
    >> Carey Frisch

    That said, the only things that a limited user can do in Control Panel are
    configure settings for their own profile... they may be able to open up
    other areas but system-wide settings will be greyed out for them.

    --
    Colin Nash
    Microsoft MVP

Policy Security Microsoft Windows XP