ODBC needs local admin rights??

What could be the reason why a System DNS : OBDC would require local
adminrights??

If a put the user domain user only, the connection to the SQL server does
not work. I test the ODBC and it does not work.

I put the user in local admin group and everything works fine...

Any one could give me a hints.

REgards

JP

Did you check to see if the "Everyone" or your "Domain User Only" group has
read access to the files/folders where the ODBC files are stored. Example:
We have Oracle 9i and for Domain and/or Power users to connect with an ODBC
connection for Oracle, the files and folders from <Installed Drive>/oracle
down have to have read/execute permissions propagated down.

--

Star Fleet Admiral Q @ your Service!

http://www.google.com
Google is your "Friend"

"JP Breton" <jpbreton@videotron.ca> wrote in message
> What could be the reason why a System DNS : OBDC would require local
> adminrights??
>
> If a put the user domain user only, the connection to the SQL server does
> not work. I test the ODBC and it does not work.
>
> I put the user in local admin group and everything works fine...
>
> Any one could give me a hints.
>
> REgards
>
> JP

interesting.