ATI X800XL AGP pricing

fisher

I want to get an ATI X800XL AGP but the dicks are charging $50.00 CAD
more for the AGP version than the PCI-E version just because they want
to try and force us to convert to PCI-E. I'm not spending $200.00 on a
mb just to get PCI-E when it will give me zero gain and I'm not
spending $50.00 more for the AGP version for zero gain either. This is
the kind of BS malarky that will force me to go back to Nvidia.

augustus

Distinguished
Feb 27, 2003

"Fisher" <fisher@no_email.here> wrote in message
>I want to get an ATI X800XL AGP but the dicks are charging $50.00 CAD
> more for the AGP version than the PCI-E version just because they want
> to try and force us to convert to PCI-E. I'm not spending $200.00 on a
> mb just to get PCI-E when it will give me zero gain and I'm not
> spending $50.00 more for the AGP version for zero gain either. This is
> the kind of BS malarky that will force me to go back to Nvidia.

http://www.futureshop.ca/catalog/proddetail.asp?sku_id=0665000FS10059866&catid=10524&logon=&langid=EN

fisher

On Sat, 28 May 2005 03:25:35 GMT, "Augustus" <augustus@wrtt.net>
wrote:

>http://www.futureshop.ca/catalog/proddetail.asp?sku_id=0665000FS10059866&catid=10524&logon=&langid=EN

$4.99?! What do you think I am, nuts? Thx anyway.

fisher

On Sat, 28 May 2005 11:24:15 -0400, "First of One" <daxinfx@yahoo.com>
wrote:

>That's a good price, and free shipping, too!

It's not a good price, you can get it for $50.00 less at Tiger driect
and even that is still $41.00 more than the PCI-E version.

fisher

On Sun, 29 May 2005 04:05:17 GMT, "Augustus" <augustus@wrtt.net>
wrote:

>It's $399 with free shipping. Which is not a bad price.

Yes, I misread it. $399 is good.

> On Sat, 28 May 2005 11:24:15 -0400, "First of One" <daxinfx@yahoo.com>
> wrote:
>
>>That's a good price, and free shipping, too!
>
> It's not a good price, you can get it for $50.00 less at Tiger driect
> and even that is still $41.00 more than the PCI-E version.

Show me the link where an ATI X800XL AGP card is for sale at $50 less than
$399Cdn.

fisher

On Sun, 29 May 2005 04:06:20 GMT, "Augustus" <augustus@wrtt.net>
wrote:

>Show me the link where an ATI X800XL AGP card is for sale at $50 less than
>$399Cdn.

Oops, my mistake. I saw the $499.00 price tag but didn't see it was
discounted to $399.99. Maybe I'll order one. But FS saying it is
$100.00 off is a bit lisleading because that card doesn't go for
$499.99. It's really $50 off.

Looks like you realized your error. Anyway, "good price" is all relative.
$400 CAD is still a shitload of money for a video card, even if it's
significantly faster than a 9800 Pro.

On Sun, 29 May 2005 13:17:13 -0400, "First of One" <daxinfx@yahoo.com>
wrote:

>Looks like you realized your error. Anyway, "good price" is all relative.
>$400 CAD is still a shitload of money for a video card, even if it's
>significantly faster than a 9800 Pro.

Yea, but I paid $550.00 for my 9800pro when it came out so $400.00 is
decent enough for the X800XL. Right now though it looks like investing
in a new set of speakers is on the priority list as I blew the amp on
my Monsoon speakers the other night and the fuse looks fine so it is
the actual amp that is gone. That means I'm off to buy a pair of
Klipsch Promedia 2.1's which are not exactly cheap so the vid card
upgrade will have to wait a while. The fuse *should* have blown before
the amp but I can see nothing wrong with the fuse, may try a new fuse
anyway.

Randy

Distinguished
Oct 4, 2003

I would try the fuse first as they can look good and be out.

Randy

> On Sun, 29 May 2005 13:17:13 -0400, "First of One" <daxinfx@yahoo.com>
> wrote:
>
>>Looks like you realized your error. Anyway, "good price" is all relative.
>>$400 CAD is still a shitload of money for a video card, even if it's
>>significantly faster than a 9800 Pro.
>
> Yea, but I paid $550.00 for my 9800pro when it came out so $400.00 is
> decent enough for the X800XL. Right now though it looks like investing
> in a new set of speakers is on the priority list as I blew the amp on
> my Monsoon speakers the other night and the fuse looks fine so it is
> the actual amp that is gone. That means I'm off to buy a pair of
> Klipsch Promedia 2.1's which are not exactly cheap so the vid card
> upgrade will have to wait a while. The fuse *should* have blown before
> the amp but I can see nothing wrong with the fuse, may try a new fuse
> anyway.

fisher

On Sun, 29 May 2005 18:28:58 -0500, "Randy" <cakeman47@hotmail.com>
wrote:

>I would try the fuse first as they can look good and be out.
>
>Randy

Yea, I thought of that but Radioshack was closed today where I live so
I went and bought a pair of Promedia 2.1's anyway. I'm using the
satellites from the blown amp on my other Monsoon amp as that set had
a bad right channel speaker so this way works better all around in the
end. I will try a new fuse though as that amp/sub was better than the
other one.

The Klipsch speakers are definitely worth the money... if your neighbors
don't mind. :)