upgraded to MMC 9.08, problems ensue

At first I ran on ATI MMC 9.03. It worked fine, so I figured it was
time to upgrade to 9.08, and what happens? Every time I try to open the
software, it crashes instantly. I tried uninstalling it and
reinstalling 9.03, and the same thing is happening. Wonderful. Are
there any alternatives YET to ATI's shitty software? Because the HDTV
Wonder card itself is pretty good.

have you radeon vivo o AIW card? ati do not support radeon vivo only
AIW card for MMC

"Bodhi Woodstock" <livingfruitvirus@gmail.com> wrote in message
> At first I ran on ATI MMC 9.03. It worked fine, so I figured it was
> time to upgrade to 9.08, and what happens? Every time I try to open the
> software, it crashes instantly. I tried uninstalling it and
> reinstalling 9.03, and the same thing is happening. Wonderful. Are
> there any alternatives YET to ATI's shitty software? Because the HDTV
> Wonder card itself is pretty good.

I installed 9.08 when it came out and have had no crashes. Since 9.03 worked
properly I would do an XP update if you haven't already. M$ recently issued
an update to the installer. Use the CatUninstaller to clean everything out,
reinstall with all the files issued that day in the order ATI specifies.
While I'll agree ATIs software could be better the big problem is it's too
hard to get installed properly.
Good Luck

GT-Force

Distinguished
Jul 17, 2004

I also had 9.03, and uninstalled 9.03 to install 9.08. Setup quits without
any errors. Same happens with 9.06.1. Now I am without MMC. Nice ATI,
nice... That's why I bought an 6800 GT anyway >:>
Oh, if I have nVidia, why am I installing MMC? Because I also have Remote
Wonder, that's why.
Anyone solved this problem yet?
GT

"Bodhi Woodstock" <livingfruitvirus@gmail.com> wrote in message
> At first I ran on ATI MMC 9.03. It worked fine, so I figured it was
> time to upgrade to 9.08, and what happens? Every time I try to open the
> software, it crashes instantly. I tried uninstalling it and
> reinstalling 9.03, and the same thing is happening. Wonderful. Are
> there any alternatives YET to ATI's shitty software? Because the HDTV
> Wonder card itself is pretty good.

fred

> At first I ran on ATI MMC 9.03. It worked fine, so I figured it was
> time to upgrade to 9.08, and what happens? Every time I try to open the
> software, it crashes instantly. I tried uninstalling it and
> reinstalling 9.03, and the same thing is happening. Wonderful. Are
> there any alternatives YET to ATI's shitty software? Because the HDTV
> Wonder card itself is pretty good.

You may want to run Drive Cleaner PE from http://www.drivercleaner.net/ to
cleann the left over entries.

Also you should use ATI Uninstaller utility for uninstalling ATI drivers and
MMC applications.

GT-Force

Distinguished
Jul 17, 2004

I have tried everything I could think of. I uninstalled the previous
versions before installing the new ones, wiped the remains with Driver
Cleaner, I even updated Install Shield thinking that maybe there is
something wrong with it, since setup does not proceed, quitting without
giving any errors.
Bottomline: Nothing worked!
I still can not install ANY 9x MMC. What a shame ATI, what a shame...
GT

"GT-Force" <dummyacct@operamail.com> wrote in message
> I also had 9.03, and uninstalled 9.03 to install 9.08. Setup quits without
> any errors. Same happens with 9.06.1. Now I am without MMC. Nice ATI,
> nice... That's why I bought an 6800 GT anyway >:>
> Oh, if I have nVidia, why am I installing MMC? Because I also have Remote
> Wonder, that's why.
> Anyone solved this problem yet?
> GT

Does MMC come with the Remote Wonder?

>I have tried everything I could think of. I uninstalled the previous
>versions before installing the new ones, wiped the remains with Driver
>Cleaner, I even updated Install Shield thinking that maybe there is
>something wrong with it, since setup does not proceed, quitting without
>giving any errors.
> Bottomline: Nothing worked!
> I still can not install ANY 9x MMC. What a shame ATI, what a shame...
> GT

When you write "what a shame ATI", what makes you think that its ATI to
blame for this problem and its not that there's another problem with your
machine such as Windows corruption through all the
installing/uninstalling/"cleaning" etc? I have ATI's MMC 9x on 3 machines
and the installation went perfectly well in every case. I'm the first to
admit that ATIs installation routine is unduly complicated and modular but
provided its done the correct way with *nothing else* running on the system
at the time eg backgound utils and AV software, then its always worked fine
for me. Have you tried backing up all of your data, formatting the HDD and
doing a complete from the ground up reinstall ensuring that MMC is the first
software to be installed and tested after Windows installation was complete
(with necessary drivers and DirectX 9.0C)?

Paul

"Bodhi Woodstock" <livingfruitvirus@gmail.com> wrote in message
> At first I ran on ATI MMC 9.03. It worked fine, so I figured it was
> time to upgrade to 9.08, and what happens? Every time I try to open the
> software, it crashes instantly. I tried uninstalling it and
> reinstalling 9.03, and the same thing is happening. Wonderful. Are
> there any alternatives YET to ATI's shitty software? Because the HDTV
> Wonder card itself is pretty good.

I'm sorry that you feel this way about ATIs software (presumably you are
referring only to 9.08 as "shitty" since you admitted that 9.03 *was*
working fine prior to your attempt at upgrading). What makes you think this
problem is due to an ATI software issue rather than the way you went about
"upgrading" it? I've not used 9.08 as its not recommended for my older cards
but I know that every version of MMC I've come across so far (since before
8.1) didn't like being "upgraded" but instead the old software had to be
completely removed and the machine rebooted before thinking about installing
a newer version. There are currently no free alternatives to MMC which offer
the same level of functionality with ATIs cards so I suggest if you are
determined to fix it you take the time to perform a from the ground up
reinstallation ensuring that MMC is the first program installed and tested
after windows and its drivers/DirectX. You'll need to follow the
installation instructions on ATIs website to the letter and in the correct
order (rebooting after each installation and certainly after MMC is
installed before running it).

Paul

I installed MMC 9.08 with Catalyst 5.5 drivers on a new computer,
completely fresh install and so far it is working fine.

On 27 May 2005 20:13:58 -0700, "Bodhi Woodstock"

"Paul Murphy" <p_murphynothanks@tospamhotmail.com> wrote in message
> ...Have you tried backing up all of your data, formatting the HDD and
> doing a complete from the ground up reinstall ensuring that MMC is the
> first software to be installed and tested after Windows installation was
> complete (with necessary drivers and DirectX 9.0C)?
> Paul

Thanks for taking time to write.

Whenever I hear someone 'suggesting' "Format your hard drive" it gives me
the heebee-jeebees. Do you know how long does it take for me to reinstall
everything? I do not have such time since I am not 12 years old anymore.

Any better suggestions are welcome, though.

GT

GT-Force

Distinguished
Jul 17, 2004

"T Shadow" <knone@zilch.com.invalid> wrote in message
> Does MMC come with the Remote Wonder?

Does not it? I have the ATI CD that came with it. Since, at the time, I
already had MMC installed (I had 9700 Pro at the time), I did not install
that CD as well. I also remember reading on ATI's site, "When a third pary
graphics card is used, MMc, yada yada". Combining these two, I would say
yes. And now, installing the CD does not make sense, since it probably has a
really old version of MMC.
GT

> "T Shadow" <knone@zilch.com.invalid> wrote in message
> > Does MMC come with the Remote Wonder?
>
> Does not it? I have the ATI CD that came with it. Since, at the time, I
> already had MMC installed (I had 9700 Pro at the time), I did not install
> that CD as well. I also remember reading on ATI's site, "When a third pary
> graphics card is used, MMc, yada yada". Combining these two, I would say
> yes. And now, installing the CD does not make sense, since it probably has
> really old version of MMC.
> GT

Just guessing it might be because ATI changed the way it looks for hardware.
9.08 finally recognizes my AIW9600XT as a Radeon. Up to and including 9.03
didn't. I don't recall checking 9.06. MMC isn't supposed to work with non
ATI hardware. Possibly you could use the CatUninstaller utility then go back
to 9.03. Or maybe you would need to reinstall the 9700.
I'm not an expert and like I said just guessing so take it for what it's
worth.

> "GT-Force" <dummyacct@operamail.com> wrote in message
>> "T Shadow" <knone@zilch.com.invalid> wrote in message
>> > Does MMC come with the Remote Wonder?
>>
>> Does not it? I have the ATI CD that came with it. Since, at the time, I
>> already had MMC installed (I had 9700 Pro at the time), I did not install
>> that CD as well. I also remember reading on ATI's site, "When a third
>> pary
>> graphics card is used, MMc, yada yada". Combining these two, I would say
>> yes. And now, installing the CD does not make sense, since it probably
>> has
>> really old version of MMC.
>> GT
>>

> Just guessing it might be because ATI changed the way it looks for
> hardware.
> 9.08 finally recognizes my AIW9600XT as a Radeon. Up to and including 9.03
> didn't. I don't recall checking 9.06. MMC isn't supposed to work with non
> ATI hardware. Possibly you could use the CatUninstaller utility then go
> back
> to 9.03. Or maybe you would need to reinstall the 9700.
> I'm not an expert and like I said just guessing so take it for what it's
> worth.

Well, one thing that I am not happy about is that, MMC setup just quits! No
errors, no reasons given, so I do not know what the problem is. I hate that.
If I knew what the problem is, then I can work on the solution, right? Baaad
ATI, bad programmers programming bad software. Giving an 'error' message
should not be so hard. 9.03 does not work either, so I can not go back and
install that, either. The funny thing is, MMC was working with 6800 GT just
fine, until I uninstalled it, except for the DVD Decoder. By the way, that
is another funny-bad ATI programming story. I can not UNINSTALL DVD decoder,
which I can not use now, because the uninstall 'setup' quits saying that I
do not have the correct hardware. Doh! That's why I want to uninstall it!
Baaad ATI, baaad...
GT

> "T Shadow" <knone@zilch.com.invalid> wrote in message
> > "GT-Force" <dummyacct@operamail.com> wrote in message
> >> "T Shadow" <knone@zilch.com.invalid> wrote in message
> >>
> >> Does not it? I have the ATI CD that came with it. Since, at the time, I
> >> already had MMC installed (I had 9700 Pro at the time), I did not
install
> >> that CD as well. I also remember reading on ATI's site, "When a third
> >> pary
> >> graphics card is used, MMc, yada yada". Combining these two, I would
say
> >> yes. And now, installing the CD does not make sense, since it probably
> >> has
> >> really old version of MMC.
> >> GT
> >>

> > Just guessing it might be because ATI changed the way it looks for
> > hardware.
> > 9.08 finally recognizes my AIW9600XT as a Radeon. Up to and including
9.03
> > didn't. I don't recall checking 9.06. MMC isn't supposed to work with
non
> > ATI hardware. Possibly you could use the CatUninstaller utility then go
> > back
> > to 9.03. Or maybe you would need to reinstall the 9700.
> > I'm not an expert and like I said just guessing so take it for what it's
> > worth.
>
> Well, one thing that I am not happy about is that, MMC setup just quits!
No
> errors, no reasons given, so I do not know what the problem is. I hate
that.
> If I knew what the problem is, then I can work on the solution, right?
Baaad
> ATI, bad programmers programming bad software. Giving an 'error' message
> should not be so hard. 9.03 does not work either, so I can not go back and
> install that, either. The funny thing is, MMC was working with 6800 GT
just
> fine, until I uninstalled it, except for the DVD Decoder. By the way, that
> is another funny-bad ATI programming story. I can not UNINSTALL DVD
decoder,
> which I can not use now, because the uninstall 'setup' quits saying that I
> do not have the correct hardware. Doh! That's why I want to uninstall it!
> Baaad ATI, baaad...
> GT

The CatUninstaller is a program you get from the ATI website it will remove
all your ATI installation files from your system. AFAIK the registry too.
To tell you the truth I'd rather ATI got MMC working perfectly with their
own hardware before they worry about nonsupported hardware.

> "Paul Murphy" <p_murphynothanks@tospamhotmail.com> wrote in message
>> ...Have you tried backing up all of your data, formatting the HDD and
>> doing a complete from the ground up reinstall ensuring that MMC is the
>> first software to be installed and tested after Windows installation was
>> complete (with necessary drivers and DirectX 9.0C)?
>> Paul
>
> Thanks for taking time to write.
>
> Whenever I hear someone 'suggesting' "Format your hard drive" it gives me
> the heebee-jeebees. Do you know how long does it take for me to reinstall
> everything? I do not have such time since I am not 12 years old anymore.
>
> Any better suggestions are welcome, though.
>
> GT
I've just read your other post mentioning that you only want functionality
of your remote wonder so MMC shouldn't even be needed for that anyway. Its
the remote wonder software/drivers needed instead (and should be installed
BEFORE plugging in the Remote Wonders USB receiver). The answer to your
above question is given there has already been lots of
uninstalling/reinstalling/failed installs etc the time required is likely
less than that needed to diagnose and correct the corruption which has
likely already occured. Although a fresh install may take a while, its quite
simple (a 12 year old could do it ;-) Once a complete (tested and working
fine) reinstall is performed, the next step should be to create a recovery
DVD (or set of DVDs) for your machines HDD so next time a full reinstall is
needed you can wipe the drive and more easily/quickly go back to a perfectly
working state. Nero 6 has the capability to do this very easily with the
BackItUp application. Just install the HDD as a secondary drive in a machine
with NERO 6 installed and burn away. Although a full reinstall is tedious
and may take some time, its often the quickest way to resolve such issues in
the long run. A fresh install would also probably speed things up
significantly if its been a while since the HDD was last formatted and
you've done lots of installing etc in the mean time.

Paul

> "GT-Force" <dummyacct@operamail.com> wrote in message
>> "Paul Murphy" <p_murphynothanks@tospamhotmail.com> wrote in message
>>> ...Have you tried backing up all of your data, formatting the HDD and
>>> doing a complete from the ground up reinstall ensuring that MMC is the
>>> first software to be installed and tested after Windows installation was
>>> complete (with necessary drivers and DirectX 9.0C)?
>>> Paul
>>
>> Thanks for taking time to write.
>>
>> Whenever I hear someone 'suggesting' "Format your hard drive" it gives me
>> the heebee-jeebees. Do you know how long does it take for me to reinstall
>> everything? I do not have such time since I am not 12 years old anymore.
>>
>> Any better suggestions are welcome, though.
>>
>> GT
> I've just read your other post mentioning that you only want functionality
> of your remote wonder so MMC shouldn't even be needed for that anyway. Its
> the remote wonder software/drivers needed instead (and should be installed
> BEFORE plugging in the Remote Wonders USB receiver). The answer to your
> above question is given there has already been lots of
> uninstalling/reinstalling/failed installs etc the time required is likely
> less than that needed to diagnose and correct the corruption which has
> likely already occured. Although a fresh install may take a while, its
> quite simple (a 12 year old could do it ;-) Once a complete (tested and
> working fine) reinstall is performed, the next step should be to create a
> recovery DVD (or set of DVDs) for your machines HDD so next time a full
> reinstall is needed you can wipe the drive and more easily/quickly go back
> to a perfectly working state. Nero 6 has the capability to do this very
> easily with the BackItUp application. Just install the HDD as a secondary
> drive in a machine with NERO 6 installed and burn away. Although a full
> reinstall is tedious and may take some time, its often the quickest way to
> resolve such issues in the long run. A fresh install would also probably
> speed things up significantly if its been a while since the HDD was last
> formatted and you've done lots of installing etc in the mean time.
>
> Paul

I already did install Remote Wonder driver, and the remote itself works
fine. Yet, without the software to control, and play your multimedia files,
what's the use of a remote, right? Since MMC is designed with Remote Wonder
in mind, it is the easiest to control with this remote. And just that, no
more.
Anyway, I am not spending even 1/10th of a time to troubleshoot this
compared to formatting. "To Hell with ATI", I already said, and bought an
6800 GT, and I will stay away from ATI until they hire good programmers. I
am not saying that their hardware is bad, just their software, including
their drivers, which is showing some promise of getting better, but not
there yet. I am not using the remote all that much, and if in need, there is
ton of way better software available compared to ATI's MMC, and I will use
the remote simply as a mouse, if necessary, and use these software instead.
I am complaining, in principle, that if something is supposed to work in a
certain way, it should. It must, indeed, if I paid for it. :)
Have a good day.
GT

fred

>> By the way, that
> is another funny-bad ATI programming story. I can not UNINSTALL DVD
> decoder, which I can not use now, because the uninstall 'setup' quits
> saying that I do not have the correct hardware.

That could mean either the Windows OS is corrupted or some DVD files are
missing. The ultimate soultion to backup your data with
a software like 'PC Backup' and do a clean install Windows.

GT-Force

Distinguished
Jul 17, 2004

Hi Fred,

I disagree with your guess. Setup looks for an ATI card, can not find it
(since not there anymore) and quits. Simple as that. No Windows corruption,
no missing files. I would say, simply incompetent programming.
It would be most apropriate to check the presence of the hardware while
INSTALLING this software, which I would understand. However, I am trying to
UNINSTALL this, why check for the presence of an ATI card now? I think, this
is all happening, since INSTALLATION and UNISTALLATION use the same setup
executable. And that would be bad programming.

As for clean install, please see other posts in this thread.

>>> By the way, that
>> is another funny-bad ATI programming story. I can not UNINSTALL DVD
>> decoder, which I can not use now, because the uninstall 'setup' quits
>> saying that I do not have the correct hardware.
>
> That could mean either the Windows OS is corrupted or some DVD files are
> missing. The ultimate soultion to backup your data with
> a software like 'PC Backup' and do a clean install Windows.

"GT-Force" <dummyacct@operamail.com> wrote in message

<snip>

> I already did install Remote Wonder driver, and the remote itself works
> fine. Yet, without the software to control, and play your multimedia
> files, what's the use of a remote, right? Since MMC is designed with
> Remote Wonder in mind, it is the easiest to control with this remote. And
> just that, no more.

If you want to extend the Remote Wonders functionality to specific
applications other than ATIs MMC, the way to do this is by using "plug ins".
There are a couple provided by default (I think for MSFT Powerpoint and
Winamp) but you'll need to go searching (perhaps on the www.rage3d.com
forums) for any others. You should find basic functions of Windows Media
Player are supported natively.

> Anyway, I am not spending even 1/10th of a time to troubleshoot this
> compared to formatting. "To Hell with ATI", I already said, and bought an

You may not have spent 1/10th of the time but I don't read that you've found
a solution. Personally if it was me I would have removed all things ATI
before I removed the card - thats the normal way its done. Leaving other
hardware's drivers and software installed after the hardware is gone is just
asking for trouble.

> 6800 GT, and I will stay away from ATI until they hire good programmers. I

Personally I have no complaints about the standard of the programmers
responsible for MMC or Catalyst drivers at all these days. Certainly MMC is
way to complicated to set up/install but thats due to ATIs policy of
releasing modular installs rather than ISOs of the complete installation
CDs. The issues you are experiencing are "by design" and if you want to run
the uninstall you'll need to put back your card (although the software
uninstall may not work anymore now that its been "overwritten" a few times.
I see someone else has now raised the idea of a fresh install - but feel
free to go your own way knowing that in the time since I first responded to
this thread I would have been able to do a fresh install on a Win2k Server
Domain Controller (and create a backup) let alone a standard PC (albeit with
lots of software). Alot of the time involved is waiting around for CDs
installations to run and this doesn't need much intervention time eg can
have it beside the TV while watching a program.

> am not saying that their hardware is bad, just their software, including
> their drivers, which is showing some promise of getting better, but not

We'll need to agree to disagree there - the software issues you're
experiencing are "by design" and a result of your removal of the hardware
before uninstalling..

> there yet. I am not using the remote all that much, and if in need, there
> is ton of way better software available compared to ATI's MMC, and I will
> use the remote simply as a mouse, if necessary, and use these software
> instead.
> I am complaining, in principle, that if something is supposed to work in a
> certain way, it should. It must, indeed, if I paid for it. :)
> Have a good day.
> GT
Personally although I have a Remote Wonder, I never use it these days - my
wireless mouse and keyboard do the trick instead.

> You may not have spent 1/10th of the time but I don't read that you've
> found a solution.

And I am not looking for one anymore, as I wrote.

> Personally if it was me I would have removed all things ATI before I
> removed the card - thats the normal way its done. Leaving other hardware's
> drivers and software installed after the hardware is gone is just asking
> for trouble.

Well, then how can you explain the fact that MMC worked with nVidia just
fine? I thought that it would be like that, and I did not uninstall it on
purpose, just to see. Seeing that it worked, why uninstall it?

> Certainly MMC is way to complicated to set up/install but thats due to
> ATIs policy of releasing modular installs rather than ISOs of the complete
> installation CDs. The issues you are experiencing are "by design"

Then, they need a new designer. ;)

> and if you want to run the uninstall you'll need to put back your card

which is impossible, since it is gone.

> (although the software uninstall may not work anymore now that its been
> "overwritten" a few times.

As I wrote before, I do not care about ATI anymore. I will let the ATI DVD
decoder be, it does not hurt my system by any means, anyway. It just does
not work, but I already have nVidia DVD decoder, and several other DVD
player software that came with my various hardware components.

> I see someone else has now raised the idea of a fresh install - but feel
> free to go your own way knowing that in the time since I first responded
> to this thread I would have been able to do a fresh install on a Win2k
> Server Domain Controller (and create a backup) let alone a standard PC
> (albeit with lots of software).

Nope. I am really busy, you just don't know. :(

> Alot of the time involved is waiting around for CDs installations to run
> and this doesn't need much intervention time eg can have it beside the TV
> while watching a program.

I do not watch much TV, I do almost only while eating :)

> We'll need to agree to disagree there - the software issues you're
> experiencing are "by design" and a result of your removal of the hardware
> before uninstalling..

See above.

> Personally although I have a Remote Wonder, I never use it these days - my
> wireless mouse and keyboard do the trick instead.

If your wireless mouse and keyboard has 100 feet range, or works through 2
walls, that's great.

> Paul

GT

> "Paul Murphy" <p_murphynothanks@tospamhotmail.com> wrote in message
<snip>
>> Personally if it was me I would have removed all things ATI before I
>> removed the card - thats the normal way its done. Leaving other
>> hardware's drivers and software installed after the hardware is gone is
>> just asking for trouble.
>
> Well, then how can you explain the fact that MMC worked with nVidia just
> fine? I thought that it would be like that, and I did not uninstall it on
> purpose, just to see. Seeing that it worked, why uninstall it?

The simple explanation if this is the case with all Nvidia cards (and I've
never heard of it before) is that ATI hasn't yet developed their MMC
hardware checking capabilities to detect if the original "MMC Approved" card
present at the time of MMC install is still present before permitting MMC to
start. Given time I'm sure ATI will clamp down on this though. Its a pity
the Nvidia software wasn't as good/appropriate/suitable for the job. I'm not
a netcop so I wont say the reason for uninstalling it is because its not
licensed to be used without the ATI hardware its designed for ;-)

>> Certainly MMC is way to complicated to set up/install but thats due to
>> ATIs policy of releasing modular installs rather than ISOs of the
>> complete installation CDs. The issues you are experiencing are "by
>> design"
>
> Then, they need a new designer. ;)

In this regard I agree (as I'm sure many others would also).

>> and if you want to run the uninstall you'll need to put back your card
>
> which is impossible, since it is gone.

Bad news then - I'm sure you know the only true solution (when you have
enough free time) ;-)

<snip>

>> Personally although I have a Remote Wonder, I never use it these days -
>> my wireless mouse and keyboard do the trick instead.
>
> If your wireless mouse and keyboard has 100 feet range, or works through 2
> walls, that's great.

Fair enough - if I wanted to listed to Media Player whilst out in the garden
etc THEN I'd plug in my Remote Wonder (as well as wireless headphones) -
most people usually need to be able to see the monitor for most things so
this would tend to reduce a persons distance from a machine to about the
same as a wireless keyboard and mouse range. Perhaps I don't get into the
garden enough these days?

>I'm not a netcop so I wont say the reason for uninstalling it is because
>its not licensed to be used without the ATI hardware its designed for ;-)

You are forgetting that I paid for their Remote Wonder which, I think, comes
with MMC. So, I'm good. :)

> Fair enough - if I wanted to listed to Media Player whilst out in the
> garden etc THEN I'd plug in my Remote Wonder (as well as wireless
> headphones) - most people usually need to be able to see the monitor for
> most things so this would tend to reduce a persons distance from a machine
> to about the same as a wireless keyboard and mouse range. Perhaps I don't
> get into the garden enough these days?
> Paul

Not the garden, I meant the TV room :)
I have a wireless AV transmitter/receiver and with Remote Wonder and MMC, I
was playing movies. We also used to watch the movies that we rent online
from movielink.com. Now that we have a surround sound system, I am not using
my computer to watch movies rented online, since those movies are only in
stereo audio. Unless they start making movies available with AC3 encoded
audio, we'll be renting DVDs from now on.

Anyway, nice talking to you Paul.
Take care.
GT