When was "Administrator" introduced?

As far as I know neither Windows 95 nor Windows 98 (& 98SE)
includes special administrator user privileges.

Are there other 32 bits Windows versions where a user always has all
privileges so that there is never any question of user account(s) with
administrator privileges?

Grateful for any information

regards Sven
3 answers Last reply
More about when administrator introduced

    Sven Pran wrote:
    > As far as I know neither Windows 95 nor Windows 98 (& 98SE)
    > includes special administrator user privileges.

    Correct. Neither Win95 nor Win98 had any security capabilities to
    speak of.

    > Are there other 32 bits Windows versions where a user always has all
    > privileges so that there is never any question of user account(s) with
    > administrator privileges?

    With the possible exception of WinME, which I've never seen on a
    computer "in the wild" and with which I am therefore completely
    unfamiliar, no.

    --

    Bruce Chambers

    Help us help you:
    http://dts-l.org/goodpost.htm

    both at once. - RAH

    Sven Pran wrote:

    > As far as I know neither Windows 95 nor Windows 98 (& 98SE)
    > includes special administrator user privileges.
    >
    > Are there other 32 bits Windows versions where a user always has all
    > privileges so that there is never any question of user account(s) with
    > administrator privileges?
    >
    > Grateful for any information
    Hi,

    Windows ME is just like Win 9x. The "Administrator" user was
    introduced with NT and continued in Win2k, WinXP and Win2k3.

    the 1328 page Scripting Guide:

    "Torgeir Bakken (MVP)" <Torgeir.Bakken-spam@hydro.com> wrote in message
    > Sven Pran wrote:
    >
    >> As far as I know neither Windows 95 nor Windows 98 (& 98SE)
    >> includes special administrator user privileges.
    >>
    >> Are there other 32 bits Windows versions where a user always has all
    >> privileges so that there is never any question of user account(s) with
    >> administrator privileges?
    >>
    >> Grateful for any information
    > Hi,
    >
    > Windows ME is just like Win 9x. The "Administrator" user was
    > introduced with NT and continued in Win2k, WinXP and Win2k3.

    > the 1328 page Scripting Guide:

    Takk for det! (Thanks in Norwegian)

    mvh Sven

Windows XP