Why Anonymous Logon

Clark

Distinguished
May 19, 2004

I have 2 XP Pro computers networked together. Both of them have the same
users...Clark and Pat. Both users on both computers are administrators and
both have the same passwords. I mean that Clark on computer A has the same
password as Clark on computer B. Both computers use simple file sharing.

The Guest account is disable on both computers.

Here is my problem...

When I access the shared folder on B from A, it works. But, when I look at
B's event log, I see I was logged on as Anonymous User, instead of Clark.
Why is that?

I figured that if both computers have a user Clark with the same passwords,
I should be able to remotely logon using user Clark. What am I missing?

Clark

Distinguished
May 19, 2004

I figured it out. If you are using Simple File Sharing, then it really is
simple. All connections are Guest. When I turned off Simple File Sharing,
I started connecting using the client user name.