ATI CROSSFIRE......ANYX88?

Rob

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007

Any X800 product huh? Does that mean it can run AGP cards to? Since i own
a X800 XT PE? Doubt it right......so I guess it cant be used with ANY X800
or X850. Unless im wrong?

Rob a écrit :
> Any X800 product huh? Does that mean it can run AGP cards to? Since i own
> a X800 XT PE? Doubt it right......so I guess it cant be used with ANY X800
> or X850. Unless im wrong?

Any X800 or X850 _PCI-Express_ cards.

Rob

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007

LOL but it doesnt say that does it? It sais ANY PRODUCT. Another bunk
advertisement and miss quote by ATI.
"Chong Woo Paig" <cwpaigAT@valkenDOT.org> wrote in message
> Rob a écrit :
> > Any X800 product huh? Does that mean it can run AGP cards to? Since i
own
> > a X800 XT PE? Doubt it right......so I guess it cant be used with ANY
X800
> > or X850. Unless im wrong?
> >

> Any X800 or X850 _PCI-Express_ cards.

On Tue, 31 May 2005 02:28:42 -0700, "Rob"
<robertcohen@northwestel.net> wrote:

>Any X800 product huh? Does that mean it can run AGP cards to? Since i own
>a X800 XT PE? Doubt it right......so I guess it cant be used with ANY X800
>or X850. Unless im wrong?

PCIe only of course. No surprise there.

X50 Crossfire card only works with another
X850 board ( any version, PCIe)

X800 Crossfire card only works with another
X800 board ( any version, PCIe )

Ati claims a more versatile solution than nVidia.
However, having to committ to a Crossfire card up front,
let alone the motherboard does not seem very attractive.

And the Crossfire cards WILL be very low-volume, as they will
be purchase only by those fully intending to pair them up with
a stanard card. The number of people demanding this sort
of graphics performance ( only wealthy gaming enthusiasts)
is small; thus the volume of Crossfire cards will be small and
the prices high. The nVidia solution pairs up standard
high-volume cards.

Also, Ati's solution is coming a year late and time-coincident
with the release of the next-gen GPUs (G70 and R520).
Many people have been pairing up 6600GTs on SLI
motherboards. Into the same (SLI) motherboard they can
now plug a single R520 or G70 card, leaving the second
PCIe16 socket area free for multiple-head video or some
other device ( such as an AGEIA physics processor,
maybe... ) and sell off the 2 6600GT boards separately
or as a pair.

John Lewis