X800 XT Platinum follow up

Hi,

This is a follow up from a previous posting. Could anybody tell me
a good link or website to go to which will give me a very good cooling
system for an X800 XT Platinum edition graphics card?

Many thanks

Jeremy
5 answers Last reply
More about x800 platinum follow

    I assume you mean air cooling, and not a waterblock?

    http://www.arctic-cooling.com/vga2.php?idx=5

    "hilly22" <pennywhitwell@aol-dot-com.no-spam.invalid> wrote in message
    > Hi,
    >
    > This is a follow up from a previous posting. Could anybody tell me
    > a good link or website to go to which will give me a very good cooling
    > system for an X800 XT Platinum edition graphics card?
    >
    > Many thanks
    >
    > Jeremy

    there good but very heavy I have one on now.but I move the box around a lot
    and the card has came loose a few times.
    > I assume you mean air cooling, and not a waterblock?
    >
    > http://www.arctic-cooling.com/vga2.php?idx=5

    > "hilly22" <pennywhitwell@aol-dot-com.no-spam.invalid> wrote in message
    > > Hi,
    > >
    > > This is a follow up from a previous posting. Could anybody tell me
    > > a good link or website to go to which will give me a very good cooling
    > > system for an X800 XT Platinum edition graphics card?
    > >
    > > Many thanks
    > >
    > > Jeremy

    Thanks, I bought one.

    Do I have to disconnect the onboard fan already on the card?

    jeremy

    Yes, and remove the original heat sink, too (obviously). The Arctic Cooling
    fan plugs into the original fan connector.

    The Arctic Cooling fan *may* be a 2-pin. Depending on the card, you may have
    a 3-pin fan connector. (The 3rd pin is for RPM monitoring). If that's the
    case, just plug the new fan into two of the pins on the socket; make sure
    the wire colors match up with the original.

    > Thanks, I bought one.
    >
    > Do I have to disconnect the onboard fan already on the card?
    >
    > jeremy

    Does your motherboard have an AGP locking lever?

    "Andre LaFramboise" <razz@ns.sympatico.ca> wrote in message
    > there good but very heavy I have one on now.but I move the box around a
    > lot
    > and the card has came loose a few times.

Radeon Platinum Graphics Cards ATI Graphics