dorm laptop - security concerns

behemoth

Distinguished
Jun 6, 2005

Looking for some advice concerning securing a dorm laptop. Specifically,
I'm wondering about password accounts and the like. I've read about some
users getting locked out of their computers. In case it matters any, the
computer will access the internet via a wireless connection.

Got any easy recommendations for a novice?

behemoth,
Set the Administrator password in the bios. (press F2 or Del at boot)
The computer won't get past the bios into Windows without the
password.
Be warned, If you forget the password, you won't be able to access the
computer!
Best,
Treeman

--