Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question

malware

Last response: in Windows XP
Share
July 25, 2005 2:48:06 PM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.security_admin (More info?)

I have found in many places on my computer files that are called sharaza is
it garbage malware or what ever? How do i get rid of it. I am running wxp sp2
thank you in advance for your time.
wendy

More about : malware

July 25, 2005 6:58:06 PM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.security_admin (More info?)

wendy wrote:
> I have found in many places on my computer files that are called sharaza is
> it garbage malware or what ever? How do i get rid of it. I am running wxp sp2
> thank you in advance for your time.
> wendy

Run a full antivirus scan with current virus definitions, as well as a
full spyware scan using your choice of spyware scanners with current
spyware definitions (I use Ad-aware, Spybot Search and Destroy, and
SpywareBlaster).

--
The reader should exercise normal caution and backup the Registry and
data files regularly, and especially before making any changes to their
PC, as well as performing regular virus and spyware scans. I am not
liable for problems or mishaps that occur from the reader using advice
posted here. No warranty, express or implied, is given with the posting
of this message.
July 25, 2005 7:01:42 PM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.security_admin (More info?)

In news:116C05D0-98BE-450A-B79B-7E121A5282AA@microsoft.com,
wendy <wendy@discussions.microsoft.com> had this to say:

My reply is at the bottom of your sent message:

> I have found in many places on my computer files that are called
> sharaza is it garbage malware or what ever? How do i get rid of it. I
> am running wxp sp2 thank you in advance for your time.
> wendy


Google implies it is so long as it's not Shareaza which is spelled a bit
different.

Malware Cleaning :
http://kgiii.info/windows/all/general/malwarefix.html

Galen
--

"But there are always some lunatics about. It would be a dull world
without them."

Sherlock Holmes
Related resources
July 25, 2005 7:01:43 PM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.security_admin (More info?)

Hello my flub up it is spelled shareaza. Sorry about that...so is it malware?
wendy thank you for quick replies.
wendy

"Galen" wrote:

> In news:116C05D0-98BE-450A-B79B-7E121A5282AA@microsoft.com,
> wendy <wendy@discussions.microsoft.com> had this to say:
>
> My reply is at the bottom of your sent message:
>
> > I have found in many places on my computer files that are called
> > sharaza is it garbage malware or what ever? How do i get rid of it. I
> > am running wxp sp2 thank you in advance for your time.
> > wendy
>
>
> Google implies it is so long as it's not Shareaza which is spelled a bit
> different.
>
> Malware Cleaning :
> http://kgiii.info/windows/all/general/malwarefix.html
>
> Galen
> --
>
> "But there are always some lunatics about. It would be a dull world
> without them."
>
> Sherlock Holmes
>
>
>
Anonymous
a b 8 Security
July 25, 2005 7:01:44 PM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.security_admin (More info?)

Galen Googled. Can you?

"wendy" <wendy@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
news:25DC4226-0A2A-46CE-AE84-70F45AE74288@microsoft.com...
| Hello my flub up it is spelled shareaza. Sorry about that...so is it
malware?
| wendy thank you for quick replies.
| wendy
|
| "Galen" wrote:
|
| > In news:116C05D0-98BE-450A-B79B-7E121A5282AA@microsoft.com,
| > wendy <wendy@discussions.microsoft.com> had this to say:
| >
| > My reply is at the bottom of your sent message:
| >
| > > I have found in many places on my computer files that are called
| > > sharaza is it garbage malware or what ever? How do i get rid of it. I
| > > am running wxp sp2 thank you in advance for your time.
| > > wendy
| >
| >
| > Google implies it is so long as it's not Shareaza which is spelled a bit
| > different.
| >
| > Malware Cleaning :
| > http://kgiii.info/windows/all/general/malwarefix.html
| >
| > Galen
| > --
| >
| > "But there are always some lunatics about. It would be a dull world
| > without them."
| >
| > Sherlock Holmes
| >
| >
| >
July 25, 2005 10:25:21 PM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.security_admin (More info?)

In news:25DC4226-0A2A-46CE-AE84-70F45AE74288@microsoft.com,
wendy <wendy@discussions.microsoft.com> had this to say:

My reply is at the bottom of your sent message:

> Hello my flub up it is spelled shareaza. Sorry about that...so is it
> malware? wendy thank you for quick replies.
> wendy
>
> "Galen" wrote:
>
>> In news:116C05D0-98BE-450A-B79B-7E121A5282AA@microsoft.com,
>> wendy <wendy@discussions.microsoft.com> had this to say:
>>
>> My reply is at the bottom of your sent message:
>>
>>> I have found in many places on my computer files that are called
>>> sharaza is it garbage malware or what ever? How do i get rid of it.
>>> I am running wxp sp2 thank you in advance for your time.
>>> wendy
>>
>>
>> Google implies it is so long as it's not Shareaza which is spelled a
>> bit different.
>>
>> Malware Cleaning :
>> http://kgiii.info/windows/all/general/malwarefix.html
>>
>> Galen
>> --
>>
>> "But there are always some lunatics about. It would be a dull world
>> without them."
>>
>> Sherlock Holmes

It's from a SourceForge location so I highly doubt it. Google seems to think
it isn't, nor does PC World...

Galen
--

"But there are always some lunatics about. It would be a dull world
without them."

Sherlock Holmes
July 25, 2005 10:25:22 PM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.security_admin (More info?)

thank you very much galen once again this newsgroup has helped this newbie.
wendy

"Galen" wrote:

> In news:25DC4226-0A2A-46CE-AE84-70F45AE74288@microsoft.com,
> wendy <wendy@discussions.microsoft.com> had this to say:
>
> My reply is at the bottom of your sent message:
>
> > Hello my flub up it is spelled shareaza. Sorry about that...so is it
> > malware? wendy thank you for quick replies.
> > wendy
> >
> > "Galen" wrote:
> >
> >> In news:116C05D0-98BE-450A-B79B-7E121A5282AA@microsoft.com,
> >> wendy <wendy@discussions.microsoft.com> had this to say:
> >>
> >> My reply is at the bottom of your sent message:
> >>
> >>> I have found in many places on my computer files that are called
> >>> sharaza is it garbage malware or what ever? How do i get rid of it.
> >>> I am running wxp sp2 thank you in advance for your time.
> >>> wendy
> >>
> >>
> >> Google implies it is so long as it's not Shareaza which is spelled a
> >> bit different.
> >>
> >> Malware Cleaning :
> >> http://kgiii.info/windows/all/general/malwarefix.html
> >>
> >> Galen
> >> --
> >>
> >> "But there are always some lunatics about. It would be a dull world
> >> without them."
> >>
> >> Sherlock Holmes
>
> It's from a SourceForge location so I highly doubt it. Google seems to think
> it isn't, nor does PC World...
>
> Galen
> --
>
> "But there are always some lunatics about. It would be a dull world
> without them."
>
> Sherlock Holmes
>
>
>
July 26, 2005 12:54:09 AM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.security_admin (More info?)

In news:CB4611BC-E53E-4A8C-BA9E-DCCE99C76855@microsoft.com,
wendy <wendy@discussions.microsoft.com> had this to say:

My reply is at the bottom of your sent message:

> thank you very much galen once again this newsgroup has helped this
> newbie. wendy
<snip>

Don't thank me, thank Google... I don't know anything ;)  Google knows it
all. Really, I wouldn't make this stuff up you know. <g>

Galen
--

"But there are always some lunatics about. It would be a dull world
without them."

Sherlock Holmes
Anonymous
a b 8 Security
July 26, 2005 2:46:10 PM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.security_admin (More info?)

Shareaza is a p2p client support edonkey, gnutella, and torrents. The EULA
cleary states it has NO bundled spyware software. Id consider it NOT
spyware/malware. Thou it must be installed manually...and if you didnt do it,
who did?
--
"Talk Nerdy to Me"


"Galen" wrote:

> In news:CB4611BC-E53E-4A8C-BA9E-DCCE99C76855@microsoft.com,
> wendy <wendy@discussions.microsoft.com> had this to say:
>
> My reply is at the bottom of your sent message:
>
> > thank you very much galen once again this newsgroup has helped this
> > newbie. wendy
> <snip>
>
> Don't thank me, thank Google... I don't know anything ;)  Google knows it
> all. Really, I wouldn't make this stuff up you know. <g>
>
> Galen
> --
>
> "But there are always some lunatics about. It would be a dull world
> without them."
>
> Sherlock Holmes
>
>
>
!