Problem starting in safe mode

Hello,
I've got a problem booting Windows XP in safe mode though it works wll in
normal mode.
I press on f8 at the begining, I do get the menu where I chose the option
"safe mode" and then it seems to boot up but after a few seconds all I get
is a black screnn and a blinking cursor on the top left (this lasts for more
then 15 mins when I get fed up and try again)
What can I do? Thanks in advance...

Bugsy
1 answer Last reply
More about problem starting safe mode

    You are probably selecting Safe Mode with Command Prompt.

    Use the up and down arrow keys to move the highligh to Safe Mode, when you
    see the following menu...

    Windows Advanced Options Menu
    Please select an option:

    Safe Mode
    Safe Mode with Networking
    Safe Mode with Command Prompt

    Enable Boot Logging
    Enable VGA Mode
    Last Known Good Configuration (your most recent setting that worked)
    Directory Services Restore Mode (Windows domain controllers only)
    Debugging Mode

    Start Windows Normally
    Reboot
    Return to OS Choices Menu

    Use the up and down arrow keys to move the highligh to your choice.

    --
    Hope this helps. Let us know.

    Wes
    MS-MVP Windows Shell/User

    In news:a7bFe.1460$q23.330090@news20.bellglobal.com,
    okopk <bugsyduck@sympatico.ca> hunted and pecked:

    --
    Hope this helps. Let us know.

    Wes
    MS-MVP Windows Shell/User

    In news:n3bFe.1408$q23.329679@news20.bellglobal.com,

    --
    Hope this helps. Let us know.

    Wes
    MS-MVP Windows Shell/User

    In news:M7bFe.1469$q23.330470@news20.bellglobal.com,

    --
    Hope this helps. Let us know.

    Wes
    MS-MVP Windows Shell/User

    In news:e4bFe.1421$q23.329785@news20.bellglobal.com,
    okopk <bugsyduck@sympatico.ca> hunted and pecked:
    > Hello,
    > I've got a problem booting Windows XP in safe mode though it works wll in
    > normal mode.
    > I press on f8 at the begining, I do get the menu where I chose the option
    > "safe mode" and then it seems to boot up but after a few seconds all I get
    > is a black screnn and a blinking cursor on the top left (this lasts for
    > more then 15 mins when I get fed up and try again)
    > What can I do? Thanks in advance...
    >
    > Bugsy

Safe Mode Microsoft Windows XP