Activex disabled, can't activate windows...

vmc

Distinguished
Jul 26, 2005

Hey guys, I'm on Xp Home, and I recent;y had a hijacker that totally screwed
up my system, I got it cleaned, but Windows tells me it has to be reactivated
and I am unable to because of the error message saying that local scripting
and activex is disabled. I have tried everything but am unable to
correct this.

Additionally, Symantec won't run, and I am unable to do a system restore.

Can someone tell me how to enable activex and local scripting so that these
programs can run? And why can I NOT restore?

Thanks in advance, I appreciate any help

Dan.

I found what your talking about in Internet Options from IE scroll down and
then Security, then Internet then Custom and it should list Active X
changeable info.

"Vmc" wrote:

> Hey guys, I'm on Xp Home, and I recent;y had a hijacker that totally screwed
> up my system, I got it cleaned, but Windows tells me it has to be reactivated
> and I am unable to because of the error message saying that local scripting
> and activex is disabled. I have tried everything but am unable to
> correct this.
>
> Additionally, Symantec won't run, and I am unable to do a system restore.
>
> Can someone tell me how to enable activex and local scripting so that these
> programs can run? And why can I NOT restore?
>
> Thanks in advance, I appreciate any help
>
> Dan.

vmc

Distinguished
Jul 26, 2005

Thanks for the reply...I tried that, and all is still showing enabled
there....there has to be another location blocking this, but I can't find it
for the life of me.....thanks, but keep em coming guys, please....<GRIN>

Dan.

"FFXI problems connecting" wrote:

> I found what your talking about in Internet Options from IE scroll down and
> then Security, then Internet then Custom and it should list Active X
> changeable info.
>
> "Vmc" wrote:
>
> > Hey guys, I'm on Xp Home, and I recent;y had a hijacker that totally screwed
> > up my system, I got it cleaned, but Windows tells me it has to be reactivated
> > and I am unable to because of the error message saying that local scripting
> > and activex is disabled. I have tried everything but am unable to
> > correct this.
> >
> > Additionally, Symantec won't run, and I am unable to do a system restore.
> >
> > Can someone tell me how to enable activex and local scripting so that these
> > programs can run? And why can I NOT restore?
> >
> > Thanks in advance, I appreciate any help
> >
> > Dan.

Error "Activate Windows cannot run because local scripting has been
disabled":
http://windowsxp.mvps.org/activescripting.htm

--
Ramesh, Windows XP MVP
http://windowsxp.mvps.org

"Vmc" <Vmc@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Hey guys, I'm on Xp Home, and I recent;y had a hijacker that totally
> screwed
> up my system, I got it cleaned, but Windows tells me it has to be
> reactivated
> and I am unable to because of the error message saying that local
> scripting
> and activex is disabled. I have tried everything but am unable to
> correct this.
>
> Additionally, Symantec won't run, and I am unable to do a system restore.
>
> Can someone tell me how to enable activex and local scripting so that
> these
> programs can run? And why can I NOT restore?
>
> Thanks in advance, I appreciate any help
>
> Dan.

TRENDING THREADS