WinXP and wireless

Last response: in Wireless Networking
a b F Wireless
July 9, 2004 8:36:29 AM

Hiya,

i have a laptop with winxp installed and i also have a
wireless AP & they used to work well.

now just that i connected this same wireless ap to
another ISP & i'm not able to connect my laptop to my
wireless AP.

the connections are perfect....it also shows 'excellent
signal' but donest connect to internet.

i also had a struggle when i had to enter the WEP key,
mine's 26 chararcters i guess its hex but the winxp
dialog box only takes 24 characters i guess.

thanks in advance
cheers,
dor

More about : winxp wireless

July 9, 2004 5:42:46 PM

Does your modem get an IP address from your new ISP ?
Try to get internet access first by connecting your PC
with a cable to the router. If that works then you can
tackle the wireless connectivity.
Switching ISP's should not have anything to do with your
wireless connection...

!