WinXP and wireless

Hiya,

i have a laptop with winxp installed and i also have a
wireless AP & they used to work well.

now just that i connected this same wireless ap to
another ISP & i'm not able to connect my laptop to my
wireless AP.

the connections are perfect....it also shows 'excellent
signal' but donest connect to internet.

i also had a struggle when i had to enter the WEP key,
mine's 26 chararcters i guess its hex but the winxp
dialog box only takes 24 characters i guess.

thanks in advance
cheers,
dor
1 answer Last reply
More about winxp wireless

    Does your modem get an IP address from your new ISP ?
    Try to get internet access first by connecting your PC
    with a cable to the router. If that works then you can
    tackle the wireless connectivity.
    Switching ISP's should not have anything to do with your
    wireless connection...

Wireless Internet Service Providers Wireless Networking