Canon s 1is

Has anyone experience with the Canon s1is. How is the quality off the
pictures compared with the a80 .
Does the image stabilizer functions good?

aike typed:

> Has anyone experience with the Canon s1is. How is the quality off the
> pictures compared with the a80 .
> Does the image stabilizer functions good?

I couldn't say about comparing pics with A80, since i didn't have it, but
quality is quite excellent (but it's best to use ISO50 or max. ISO 100
setting to minimize the noise), and Image stabilizer is just a perfect
stuff. Now, when i have it, i just can't see myself with a camera without
it...
Zoom motor is very silent (you don't hear it) and quick (it can zoom from
wide to total zoom in less than one second), you just have to get the
feeling for zoom button, as it has two speeds. But it's no problem really.
Movie quality is perfect, also, sound, too. It's just movie size is pretty
big. You can make about only 2 minutes of movie (finest quality) on 256M
card.
Only down thing about this camera is an absence of AF-assist lamp, so
focusing is hard when shooting indoor with low light condition. But i solved
this mistake by using small hand laser pointer with filter attached. But,
when i looked around before purchase, i saw that Olympus 740 and 750 models
also doesn't have it, while Minolta Dimage Z1 have it, however with that
camera night shot is totally useless. Also pic quality is not very good.
Olympus do have good quality, but it's outdated model and new is coming out
soon.
And, sure, it's not for you if you look for small, pocket size camera.
If you believe in reviews, you can see some shots from there. On one review
is also a demonstration movie of IS function, i believe.
One of reviews is:

http://www.dcresource.com/reviews/canon/powershot_s1-review/index.shtml