Speeding up signature based scanners...

The temp & temporary internet files in user profiles considerably slows down
the scanning process going through junk temp files, especially if there are
over 10 users on the system. I know sometimes scumware hides in there, but we
would like to just delete them using a script.

As Admin, is there any way to delete all local user's temp & temporary
internet files from thier profiles using a script ?

--
"Talk Nerdy to Me"
2 answers Last reply

    Automate Disk Cleanup using Task Scheduler in Windows XP
    http://windowsxp.mvps.org/Automate.htm

    Clearing Temporary Internet Files
    http://windowsxp.mvps.org/clearxptif.htm

    --
    Carey Frisch
    Microsoft MVP

    "Nick Leh" wrote:

    | The temp & temporary internet files in user profiles considerably slows down
    | the scanning process going through junk temp files, especially if there are
    | over 10 users on the system. I know sometimes scumware hides in there, but we
    | would like to just delete them using a script.
    |
    | As Admin, is there any way to delete all local user's temp & temporary
    | internet files from thier profiles using a script ?
    |

    | --
    | "Talk Nerdy to Me"

    That is easy enough, and i have considered disk cleanup...but I was under the
    impression that this will only clean up that particular user account and not
    the other user's temp/TIF files. Is this correct? Even MS anti spyware has a
    tracks eraser that can do the job but it only does deletes temp/TIF of the
    user logged in and not everyones...I am trying to get all local users in one
    swoop...
    --
    "Talk Nerdy to Me"

    "Carey Frisch [MVP]" wrote:

    > Automate Disk Cleanup using Task Scheduler in Windows XP
    > http://windowsxp.mvps.org/Automate.htm
    >
    > Clearing Temporary Internet Files
    > http://windowsxp.mvps.org/clearxptif.htm
    >
    > --
    > Carey Frisch
    > Microsoft MVP
    > Windows XP - Shell/User
    > Microsoft Newsgroups

    > "Nick Leh" wrote:
    >
    > | The temp & temporary internet files in user profiles considerably slows down
    > | the scanning process going through junk temp files, especially if there are
    > | over 10 users on the system. I know sometimes scumware hides in there, but we
    > | would like to just delete them using a script.
    > |
    > | As Admin, is there any way to delete all local user's temp & temporary
    > | internet files from thier profiles using a script ?
    > |

    > | --
    > | "Talk Nerdy to Me"

Scanners Internet Windows XP