X700 pro

I have an emachine T6212 and recently upgraded to an x700 pro pci
express, my computer had onboard ati x200 express graphics in it and i
was wondering if i was supposed to disable it before installing my new
video card? Also is 300w power supply enough for an x700?

Topic URL: http://www.hardwareforumz.com/ATI-X700-pro-ftopict56830.html
Visit Topic URL to contact author (reg. req'd). Report abuse: http://www.hardwareforumz.com/eform.php?p=285745

"teseries" <UseLinkToEmail@HardwareForumz.com> wrote in message
>I have an emachine T6212 and recently upgraded to an x700 pro pci
> express, my computer had onboard ati x200 express graphics in it and i
> was wondering if i was supposed to disable it before installing my new
> video card? Also is 300w power supply enough for an x700?

A lot depends on the quality of the PSU. 300w is marginal, at best, for
today's newer processors and if it is a generic PSU it may not be enough. I
am not very familiar with Emachine hardware so it is really tough to say. As
far as disabling the on-board video, many MBs automatically disable it when
another card is present, some don't. Check in your bios and make sure it is
disabled. Good luck.......

Ed

"teseries" <UseLinkToEmail@HardwareForumz.com> wrote in message
>I have an emachine T6212 and recently upgraded to an x700 pro pci
> express, my computer had onboard ati x200 express graphics in it and i
> was wondering if i was supposed to disable it before installing my new
> video card? Also is 300w power supply enough for an x700?

No you should not need to disable it. In mine (same computer and card) I
was able to just plug in the new card in the PCI Express slot and it worked
without changing a thing. As for the power, it works fine for me. At first
I had some problems when I hooked up two monitors to the card, but I am now
using them just fine.