SPYWARE HAS STOPPED ME CONECTING TO AOL IT HAS TOOK OVER M..

July 27, 2005 12:53:07 AM

SPYWARE HAS STOPPED ME CONECTING TO AOL IT HAS TOOK OVER MODEM AND WONT LET
ME REINSTALL IT CAN YOU HELP, THE GUYS AT AOL SAY IT HAS GOT INTO WINDOWS
REGISTRY
July 27, 2005 2:23:01 AM

who r u running for spyware? if ms, go to explorer in advanced look under
last scan, quarantine anything it recommends, select all AFTER following
directions , redirect defaults on browser. If norton, go to internet
security, view log, make sure all systems green, (if not follow directions,
after that, close all internet connections, save log file to my docs, clear
log file, restart internet connectiononce it is starting make sure internet
security is turned on, you will need to check details of new messages popping
up, if hey are your programs, allow once. if not block and visit symantec
support, follow directions. There is a new virus out, be careful, anything
looks wrong or u dont understand, contact support, they could be right

"LINDSAY" wrote:

> SPYWARE HAS STOPPED ME CONECTING TO AOL IT HAS TOOK OVER MODEM AND WONT LET
> ME REINSTALL IT CAN YOU HELP, THE GUYS AT AOL SAY IT HAS GOT INTO WINDOWS
> REGISTRY
Anonymous
July 27, 2005 3:13:04 AM

THE ONLY SPYWARE RUNNING ON MY COMPUTER IS THROUGH AOL, I HAVE NO ANTIVIRUS
ON, I HAD A PROBLEM 2 MONTHS AGO AND HAD TO TAKE EVERYTHING OFF MY COMPUTER,
BUT PROBLEM IS ALSO ON MY DESK TOP IT KEEPS COMING UP WITH A BOX SAYING
INSTALLING
"Dani" wrote:

> who r u running for spyware? if ms, go to explorer in advanced look under
> last scan, quarantine anything it recommends, select all AFTER following
> directions , redirect defaults on browser. If norton, go to internet
> security, view log, make sure all systems green, (if not follow directions,
> after that, close all internet connections, save log file to my docs, clear
> log file, restart internet connectiononce it is starting make sure internet
> security is turned on, you will need to check details of new messages popping
> up, if hey are your programs, allow once. if not block and visit symantec
> support, follow directions. There is a new virus out, be careful, anything
> looks wrong or u dont understand, contact support, they could be right
>

> "LINDSAY" wrote:
>
> > SPYWARE HAS STOPPED ME CONECTING TO AOL IT HAS TOOK OVER MODEM AND WONT LET
> > ME REINSTALL IT CAN YOU HELP, THE GUYS AT AOL SAY IT HAS GOT INTO WINDOWS
> > REGISTRY
July 27, 2005 8:35:38 AM

"" wrote:
> SPYWARE HAS STOPPED ME CONECTING TO AOL IT HAS TOOK OVER MODEM
> AND WONT LET
> ME REINSTALL IT CAN YOU HELP, THE GUYS AT AOL SAY IT HAS GOT
> INTO WINDOWS
> REGISTRY

Go to a computer thats working, get a USB flash memory stick plug that
in, download the following programs:

Spybot: http://www.safer-networking.org/en/index.html
Spyware Blaster: http://www.javacoolsoftware.com/spywareblaster.html
AntiVir: http://www.free-av.com/
LSP-Fix: http://www.cexx.org/lspfix.htm

(LSP-Fix may not be needed, but I suspect it will) Go into safe mode
on the broken compuer and plug in the USB Flash Stick (How to access
safe mode:
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;315222
) then install and do compleate scan with spybot and AntiVir, make
sure you imunize the system and then install and imunize with Spyware
Blaster, Your compter should now (be more or less) spyware and virus
free. Now restart with out going in to safe mode, if you discover the
internet no longer works (or still dosnt work) run LSP-Fix, this
should fix WinSocks.

Topic URL: http://www.windowsforumz.com/Security-Admin-SPYWARE-STO...
Visit Topic URL to contact author (reg. req'd). Report abuse: http://www.windowsforumz.com/eform.php?p=1326848
July 27, 2005 9:23:03 AM

> I HAVE NO
> ANTIVIRUS ON, I HAD A PROBLEM 2 MONTHS AGO AND HAD TO TAKE EVERYTHING
> OFF MY COMPUTER, BUT PROBLEM IS ALSO ON MY DESK TOP IT KEEPS COMING
> UP WITH A BOX SAYING INSTALLING

Go figure?
--
Mike Pawlak
July 27, 2005 11:05:59 AM

* LINDSAY <LINDSAY@discussions.microsoft.com>:
> SPYWARE HAS STOPPED ME CONECTING TO AOL IT HAS TOOK OVER MODEM AND WONT LET
> ME REINSTALL IT CAN YOU HELP, THE GUYS AT AOL SAY IT HAS GOT INTO WINDOWS
> REGISTRY

1. Press the caps lock please it seems to be stuck.
2. If you have a modem and internet account why are you using aol
anyhow?
3. Remove aol and use the internet normally and be happy.

Jason
Anonymous
July 29, 2005 11:07:53 PM

Your caps lock key is broken.

Posting in ALL CAPS is considered to be the online equivalent of SHOUTING
and is very very rude. In addition it makes your post very hard to read.

To solve your problem:

Your computer is infected with AOL.

Remove AOL from your system, and your problems will go away.

Bobby

"LINDSAY" <LINDSAY@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> SPYWARE HAS STOPPED ME CONECTING TO AOL IT HAS TOOK OVER MODEM AND WONT
> LET
> ME REINSTALL IT CAN YOU HELP, THE GUYS AT AOL SAY IT HAS GOT INTO WINDOWS
> REGISTRY
Anonymous
July 30, 2005 10:34:40 AM

Wow "spyware has stopped me connecting to AOL" -- that
is the first GOOD spyware I have heard of. I can think of
several people that could use a copy of it ...

mikey

news:o clhnSMlFHA.2852@TK2MSFTNGP14.phx.gbl...

!