SPYWARE HAS STOPPED ME CONECTING TO AOL IT HAS TOOK OVER M..

SPYWARE HAS STOPPED ME CONECTING TO AOL IT HAS TOOK OVER MODEM AND WONT LET
ME REINSTALL IT CAN YOU HELP, THE GUYS AT AOL SAY IT HAS GOT INTO WINDOWS
REGISTRY
7 answers Last reply
More about spyware stopped conecting

    who r u running for spyware? if ms, go to explorer in advanced look under
    last scan, quarantine anything it recommends, select all AFTER following
    directions , redirect defaults on browser. If norton, go to internet
    security, view log, make sure all systems green, (if not follow directions,
    after that, close all internet connections, save log file to my docs, clear
    log file, restart internet connectiononce it is starting make sure internet
    security is turned on, you will need to check details of new messages popping
    up, if hey are your programs, allow once. if not block and visit symantec
    support, follow directions. There is a new virus out, be careful, anything
    looks wrong or u dont understand, contact support, they could be right

    "LINDSAY" wrote:

    > SPYWARE HAS STOPPED ME CONECTING TO AOL IT HAS TOOK OVER MODEM AND WONT LET
    > ME REINSTALL IT CAN YOU HELP, THE GUYS AT AOL SAY IT HAS GOT INTO WINDOWS
    > REGISTRY

    THE ONLY SPYWARE RUNNING ON MY COMPUTER IS THROUGH AOL, I HAVE NO ANTIVIRUS
    ON, I HAD A PROBLEM 2 MONTHS AGO AND HAD TO TAKE EVERYTHING OFF MY COMPUTER,
    BUT PROBLEM IS ALSO ON MY DESK TOP IT KEEPS COMING UP WITH A BOX SAYING
    INSTALLING

    "" wrote:
    > SPYWARE HAS STOPPED ME CONECTING TO AOL IT HAS TOOK OVER MODEM
    > AND WONT LET
    > ME REINSTALL IT CAN YOU HELP, THE GUYS AT AOL SAY IT HAS GOT
    > INTO WINDOWS
    > REGISTRY

    Go to a computer thats working, get a USB flash memory stick plug that
    in, download the following programs:

    Spybot: http://www.safer-networking.org/en/index.html
    Spyware Blaster: http://www.javacoolsoftware.com/spywareblaster.html
    AntiVir: http://www.free-av.com/
    LSP-Fix: http://www.cexx.org/lspfix.htm

    (LSP-Fix may not be needed, but I suspect it will) Go into safe mode
    on the broken compuer and plug in the USB Flash Stick (How to access
    safe mode:
    http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;315222
    ) then install and do compleate scan with spybot and AntiVir, make
    sure you imunize the system and then install and imunize with Spyware
    Blaster, Your compter should now (be more or less) spyware and virus
    free. Now restart with out going in to safe mode, if you discover the
    internet no longer works (or still dosnt work) run LSP-Fix, this
    should fix WinSocks.

    Topic URL: http://www.windowsforumz.com/Security-Admin-SPYWARE-STOPPED-CONECTING-AOL-MODEM-ftopict401170.html
    Visit Topic URL to contact author (reg. req'd). Report abuse: http://www.windowsforumz.com/eform.php?p=1326848

    > I HAVE NO
    > ANTIVIRUS ON, I HAD A PROBLEM 2 MONTHS AGO AND HAD TO TAKE EVERYTHING
    > OFF MY COMPUTER, BUT PROBLEM IS ALSO ON MY DESK TOP IT KEEPS COMING
    > UP WITH A BOX SAYING INSTALLING

    Go figure?
    --
    Mike Pawlak

    * LINDSAY <LINDSAY@discussions.microsoft.com>:
    > SPYWARE HAS STOPPED ME CONECTING TO AOL IT HAS TOOK OVER MODEM AND WONT LET
    > ME REINSTALL IT CAN YOU HELP, THE GUYS AT AOL SAY IT HAS GOT INTO WINDOWS
    > REGISTRY

    1. Press the caps lock please it seems to be stuck.
    2. If you have a modem and internet account why are you using aol
    anyhow?
    3. Remove aol and use the internet normally and be happy.

    Jason

    Your caps lock key is broken.

    Posting in ALL CAPS is considered to be the online equivalent of SHOUTING
    and is very very rude. In addition it makes your post very hard to read.

    To solve your problem:

    Your computer is infected with AOL.

    Remove AOL from your system, and your problems will go away.

    Bobby

    "LINDSAY" <LINDSAY@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > SPYWARE HAS STOPPED ME CONECTING TO AOL IT HAS TOOK OVER MODEM AND WONT
    > LET
    > ME REINSTALL IT CAN YOU HELP, THE GUYS AT AOL SAY IT HAS GOT INTO WINDOWS
    > REGISTRY

    Wow "spyware has stopped me connecting to AOL" -- that
    is the first GOOD spyware I have heard of. I can think of
    several people that could use a copy of it ...

    mikey

    > Your caps lock key is broken.
    >
    > Posting in ALL CAPS is considered to be the online equivalent of SHOUTING
    > and is very very rude. In addition it makes your post very hard to read.
    >
    > To solve your problem:
    >
    > Your computer is infected with AOL.
    >
    > Remove AOL from your system, and your problems will go away.
    >
    > Bobby
    >

    > "LINDSAY" <LINDSAY@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > > SPYWARE HAS STOPPED ME CONECTING TO AOL IT

AOL Spyware Windows XP