auto logoff after specified time

how can a user be forcebelly logged off after a certain period of time. that
is say, after 9 PM, user A must be logged off forcebelly.

i have heard abt this but cant get the thing on right path. any sugestion

aken
5 answers Last reply
More about auto logoff time

    Create a Scheduled Task that runs the following command:

    LOGOFF

    This will force the currently active user to be logged off. In conjunction with this, use the information found at:

    http://www.dougknox.com/xp/tips/xp_restrict_users.htm

    to restrict when they can log back on.

    And last, but not least, there are 3rd party programs that will allow you to restrict a user's time on the computer, on a per-user basis. Windows does not have any built-in features for this.

    Win 95/98/Me/XP Tweaks and Fixes
    http://www.dougknox.com
    --------------------------------
    --------------------------------
    Unsolicited e-mail is not answered.

    "Doug Knox MS-MVP" wrote:
    > Create a Scheduled Task that runs the following command:
    >
    > LOGOFF

    can u pls give me the hints on to how to go on with this command. like where
    to write the code and where to place that code.

    rest, i can manage to go through.

    hoping for RE:

    Start, Help and Support. Search for Scheduled Tasks.

    "Doug Knox MS-MVP" wrote:

    > Start, Help and Support. Search for Scheduled Tasks.

    i know this scheduled task thing. what am asking is the this statement that
    u wrote:

    >>Create a Scheduled Task that runs the following command:

    >>LOGOFF

    where does this LOGOFF gets written, in notepad or is it to be made script
    or that this must be in a batch file??? or is this a one time command???

    can you pls elaborate ur suggestion, pls. may be this may annoy you but
    with ur halp omly can i proceed. hence this trouble again.

    aken

    Aken,

    You need to open Control Panel and go to Scheduled Tasks. Click Add Scheduled Task. Click the Next button and in the following dialog, click Browse. Navigate to C:\Windows\System32\Logoff.exe. And click Open. In the next dialog, choose the option that you want, for how often the task runs. In your case, choose Daily and click the Next button. Set the Start time that you desire and set the Start Date. You can also tell it only to run on weekdays or every day. Then click Next. Now, you need to enter a username and password of an Administrator level account, so that the task can execute. The account used must have a password. Click Next, then click Finish.

    Note: There is a registry modification that allows the use of blank passwords for scheduled tasks, but it also allows the use of blank passwords for a number of other things, including network access, running programs and the like. It can create a majority security hole in your system. I DO NOT recommend using it.

    "aken" <aken@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:62D6294B-4A7E-47F5-872C-8DE60401AC79@microsoft.com...

    > "Doug Knox MS-MVP" wrote:
    >
    >> Start, Help and Support. Search for Scheduled Tasks.
    >>
    > i know this scheduled task thing. what am asking is the this statement that
    > u wrote:
    >
    >>>Create a Scheduled Task that runs the following command:
    >
    >>>LOGOFF
    >
    > where does this LOGOFF gets written, in notepad or is it to be made script
    > or that this must be in a batch file??? or is this a one time command???
    >
    > can you pls elaborate ur suggestion, pls. may be this may annoy you but
    > with ur halp omly can i proceed. hence this trouble again.
    >
    > aken

Security Microsoft Windows XP