Unknown logon password

I have purchased an HP Vectra VL420MT at a bankruptcy auction. It is loaded
with Windows NT Server version 4.0. A logon password is called for BUT no
password logon was supplied. How do I do a work around?
--
AMF
2 answers Last reply

    Purchase a "Full Version" of Windows XP and perform
    a "clean install".

    Clean Install Windows XP

    Carey Frisch
    Microsoft MVP
    Windows XP - Shell/User
    Microsoft Newsgroups

    Avrum wrote:

    > I have purchased an HP Vectra VL420MT at a bankruptcy auction. It is
    > loaded with Windows NT Server version 4.0. A logon password is called
    > for BUT no password logon was supplied. How do I do a work around?

    Use NTpasswd and change the Administrator password to a blank.

    It is best practice to format the hard drive and clean install an
    operating system of your choice on a second-hand computer.

    Malke
    --
    MS-MVP Windows User/Shell
    Elephant Boy Computers