Unknown logon password

July 27, 2005 10:11:02 AM

I have purchased an HP Vectra VL420MT at a bankruptcy auction. It is loaded
with Windows NT Server version 4.0. A logon password is called for BUT no
password logon was supplied. How do I do a work around?
--
AMF

More about : unknown logon password

Anonymous
July 27, 2005 12:20:37 PM

Purchase a "Full Version" of Windows XP and perform
a "clean install".

Clean Install Windows XP

Carey Frisch
Microsoft MVP
Windows XP - Shell/User
Microsoft Newsgroups

"Avrum" wrote:

| I have purchased an HP Vectra VL420MT at a bankruptcy auction. It is loaded
| with Windows NT Server version 4.0. A logon password is called for BUT no
| password logon was supplied. How do I do a work around?
| --
| AMF
July 27, 2005 9:33:58 PM

Avrum wrote:

> I have purchased an HP Vectra VL420MT at a bankruptcy auction. It is
> loaded with Windows NT Server version 4.0. A logon password is called
> for BUT no password logon was supplied. How do I do a work around?

Use NTpasswd and change the Administrator password to a blank.

It is best practice to format the hard drive and clean install an
operating system of your choice on a second-hand computer.

Malke
--
MS-MVP Windows User/Shell
Elephant Boy Computers