Just an FYI that ATI has em out this AM

"Bratboy" <DontBother@Takeallthisaway.tde.com> wrote in message
news:42a84806$0$35698$ec3e2dad@news.usenetmonster.com...
> Just an FYI that ATI has em out this AM

Only version available has CCC?

On Thu, 9 Jun 2005 07:45:46 -0600, "Bratboy"
<DontBother@Takeallthisaway.tde.com> wrote:

>Just an FYI that ATI has em out this AM

Installed and ran 3DMark05 as a quick test and the result for my
Radeon9700 Pro improved by 7.7%. I still can't come bring my system
back online when it has been suspended. I'm pretty sure it is the ATI
video driver, as it did work with one of the catalysts.

Ak

"Jeff McNulty" <jmcnulty@rambusiness.com> wrote in message

> "Bratboy" <DontBother@Takeallthisaway.tde.com> wrote in message
>> Just an FYI that ATI has em out this AM
>

> Only version available has CCC?

No, it's available with CP as well.

--
Derek

"Derek Baker" <me@xyzderekbaker.eclipse.co.uk> wrote in message
> "Jeff McNulty" <jmcnulty@rambusiness.com> wrote in message
>>
>> "Bratboy" <DontBother@Takeallthisaway.tde.com> wrote in message
>>> Just an FYI that ATI has em out this AM
>>

>> Only version available has CCC?
>>

> No, it's available with CP as well.
>
> --
> Derek

Found it, thanks...

"Bratboy" <DontBother@Takeallthisaway.tde.com> wrote in message

> Just an FYI that ATI has em out this AM

Good to hear...now if only Creative Labs would get around to finishing and
releasing the new drivers for the Audigy 2 ZS that have been listed as beta
since April 5th...

I have this problem as well - Athlon64 3200+ in MSI K8N Neo4 Platinum with a
Sapphire X700 Pro 256MB - which is annoying because I didn't with my
previous hardware - Athlon XP 2200+ in MSI KT3 Ultra2 with Tyan Tacheon 9600
Pro 128MB!!!!

I am currently in discussions with ATI as to the problem. Although I am also
considering talking to MSI tech support.

What is your hardware??

"Alfred Kaufmann" <al@kaufmann.ca> wrote in message
> On Thu, 9 Jun 2005 07:45:46 -0600, "Bratboy"
> <DontBother@Takeallthisaway.tde.com> wrote:
>
>>Just an FYI that ATI has em out this AM
>>

> Installed and ran 3DMark05 as a quick test and the result for my
> Radeon9700 Pro improved by 7.7%. I still can't come bring my system
> back online when it has been suspended. I'm pretty sure it is the ATI
> video driver, as it did work with one of the catalysts.
>
> Ak

Is it worth it? Anand's tests showed zero improvements in five popular
games...

> Is it worth it? Anand's tests showed zero improvements in five popular
> games...

> "Bratboy" <DontBother@Takeallthisaway.tde.com> wrote in message
>> Just an FYI that ATI has em out this AM

I got them running on my dfi board. Seems to work okay.

I get a small hang when closing down windows, ...program not responding
..net thingy, its very brief...

xman

I have an Abit NF7-S v2.0 with a Radeon 9700 Pro. The suspend only
worked with one of the catalysts - think it was 5.4 or 5.3.

I do like 5.6 though, game playing seems to be much better.

Ak

On Thu, 09 Jun 2005 15:04:14 GMT, Alfred Kaufmann <al@kaufmann.ca>
wrote:

>On Thu, 9 Jun 2005 07:45:46 -0600, "Bratboy"
><DontBother@Takeallthisaway.tde.com> wrote:
>
>>Just an FYI that ATI has em out this AM
>>

>Installed and ran 3DMark05 as a quick test and the result for my
>Radeon9700 Pro improved by 7.7%.

That's a pretty decent boost. I'll wait for Omega as usual. For some
time each new version has been slower for me so I'm glad if this evens
up the score.
--

Julian Richards
computer "at" richardsuk.f9.co.uk

www.richardsuk.f9.co.uk
Website of "Robot Wars" middleweight "Broadsword IV"

JB

> Is it worth it? Anand's tests showed zero improvements in five popular
> games...

> "Bratboy" <DontBother@Takeallthisaway.tde.com> wrote in message
>> Just an FYI that ATI has em out this AM

The 5.6 drivers seem fine in my game with a 9800 pro but it slows my
benchmark (3dmark2001SE) 6% and crashes the benchmark program half the time.
I went back to 4.12.

"JB" <highlinex@yahoo.com> wrote in message

> "First of One" <daxinfx@yahoo.com> wrote in message
>> Is it worth it? Anand's tests showed zero improvements in five popular
>> games...
>>
>> --
>> "War is the continuation of politics by other means.
>> It can therefore be said that politics is war without
>> bloodshed while war is politics with bloodshed."
>>

>> "Bratboy" <DontBother@Takeallthisaway.tde.com> wrote in message
>>> Just an FYI that ATI has em out this AM
>
> The 5.6 drivers seem fine in my game with a 9800 pro but it slows my
> benchmark (3dmark2001SE) 6% and crashes the benchmark program half the
> time. I went back to 4.12.
>

>My 3dmark 2003 score went from 6500 to 6000 on a 9800pro. Can't really tell
>any difference on Half-Life 2

Taking a moment's reflection, JB mused:

| The 5.6 drivers seem fine in my game with a 9800 pro but it slows my
| benchmark (3dmark2001SE) 6% and crashes the benchmark program half
| the time. I went back to 4.12.

Why not use a more current benchmark?

JB

"mhicaoidh" <®êmõvé_mhic_aoidh@hotÑîXmailS­PäM.com> wrote in message
> Taking a moment's reflection, JB mused:
> |
> | The 5.6 drivers seem fine in my game with a 9800 pro but it slows my
> | benchmark (3dmark2001SE) 6% and crashes the benchmark program half
> | the time. I went back to 4.12.
>
> Why not use a more current benchmark? <

The Futuremark server dumps me after several hours of downloading or I would
use both old and new.

"xmradio" <xman_charl@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> "First of One" <daxinfx@yahoo.com> wrote in message
>> Is it worth it? Anand's tests showed zero improvements in five popular
>> games...
>>
>> --
>> "War is the continuation of politics by other means.
>> It can therefore be said that politics is war without
>> bloodshed while war is politics with bloodshed."
>>

>> "Bratboy" <DontBother@Takeallthisaway.tde.com> wrote in message
>>> Just an FYI that ATI has em out this AM
>>>
> I got them running on my dfi board. Seems to work okay.
>
> I get a small hang when closing down windows, ...program not responding
> .net thingy, its very brief...
>
> xman

very likely everyone has this small hang...

--
Avast! Antivirus: Outbound message clean.
Virus Database (VPS): 0523-6, 09/06/2005

Rick

Distinguished
Oct 14, 2003

"Steve K" <nospam@iprimus.com.au> wrote in message news:42a932d8$1_1@news.iprimus.com.au...
> "xmradio" <xman_charl@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> > I get a small hang when closing down windows, ...program not responding
> > .net thingy, its very brief...
> >
> > xman
>
> very likely everyone has this small hang...

What is ATI thinking? Why are they the only major video card
manufacturer who requires the .NET framework for their full
driver?

Or a more direct question, is there a way to get custom monitor
resolutions on my 9700 Pro without installing the .NET framework,
or installing third-party software like Powerstrip?

Rick <nospam@earthlink.net> wrote:

> What is ATI thinking? Why are they the only major video card
> manufacturer who requires the .NET framework for their full
> driver?

I don't know if they're counted as a "major" manufacturer anymore, but
Matrox started using .net in their driver interface long ago.

-a

Also on an X850XT the overdrive utility does not work any more :(

JB wrote:
> "mhicaoidh" <®êmõvé_mhic_aoidh@hotÑîXmailS­PäM.com> wrote in message
>
>>Taking a moment's reflection, JB mused:
>>|
>>| The 5.6 drivers seem fine in my game with a 9800 pro but it slows my
>>| benchmark (3dmark2001SE) 6% and crashes the benchmark program half
>>| the time. I went back to 4.12.
>>
>> Why not use a more current benchmark? <
>

> The Futuremark server dumps me after several hours of downloading or I would
> use both old and new.

Well, installed it myself, too (the control panel version). Zero performance
improvements, but it did fix the stupid "coupled" AA/aniso settings between
OpenGL and D3D.

There's an "WMV acceleration" checkbox. Anyone noticed smoother framerates
or lower CPU utilization with WMV9 videos?

> Is it worth it? Anand's tests showed zero improvements in five popular
> games...

Well, my results weren't all that impressive. I did see an increase in every
game tested (using BenchEmAll) but it was only by a few FPS. My system specs
are:
AXP Mobile 2500+ @ 2.4 GHz.
1GB Corsair XMS RAM, dual channel
Asus A7N8X Deluxe Motherboard
ATi 9500 Pro, BIOS modded to 9700 speed

And the Results...

Half-Life 2
Filtering mode:Trilinear; Antialiasing mode: none
Cat 5.5
640x480 38.16 fps 2.827 fps variability
800x600 39.21 fps 1.999 fps variability
1024x768 39.02 fps 2.108 fps variability
1280x1024 33.45 fps 2.315 fps variability
1600x1200 28.55 fps 1.849 fps variability

Cat 5.6
640x480 37.92 fps 3.199 fps variability
800x600 39.69 fps 2.028 fps variability
1024x768 39.52 fps 2.079 fps variability
1280x1024 33.72 fps 2.118 fps variability
1600x1200 28.23 fps 1.620 fps variability

3DMark05
Cat 5.5 1024 x 768 1960 3DMarks
Cat 5.6 1024 x 768 2006 3DMarks

Doom 3
Cat 5.5
640x480 69.2 fps
800x600 68.1 fps
1024x768 59.9 fps
1280x1024 42.3 fps

Cat 5.6
640x480 70.6 fps
800x600 69.2 fps
1024x768 60.3 fps
1280x1024 42.4 fps

Far Cry
Using Max settings.
Cat 5.5
800x600 run# 0: Average FPS: 50.70
1024x768 run# 0: Average FPS: 46.84
1280x1024 run# 0: Average FPS: 33.58
1600x1200 run# 0: Average FPS: 19.33

Cat 5.6
800x600 run# 0: Average FPS: 52.11
1024x768 run# 0: Average FPS: 46.78
1280x1024 run# 0: Average FPS: 33.50
1600x1200 run# 0: Average FPS: 19.94

I omitted tests for CoD and Q3 since the engine is so old, the difference
between 250 and 255 FPS is just a waste of time to read

Vellu

mhicaoidh kirjoitti:
> Taking a moment's reflection, JB mused:
> |
> | The Futuremark server dumps me after several hours of downloading or
> | I would use both old and new.
>
> http://www.download.com/3DMark/3000-2121_4-10200672.html?tag=lst-0-1

Yep, there are mirrors for it if you can't get it straight from
Futuremark. Also a download manager helps with very large files like
this (Getright for example).

> Well, installed it myself, too (the control panel version). Zero
> performance improvements, but it did fix the stupid "coupled" AA/aniso
> settings between OpenGL and D3D.
>
> There's an "WMV acceleration" checkbox. Anyone noticed smoother framerates
> or lower CPU utilization with WMV9 videos?

nope, nothing like that... MP10 utilising ~40% CPU since ever (for me)

--
Avast! Antivirus: Outbound message clean.
Virus Database (VPS): 0523-7, 10/06/2005

Rick

Distinguished
Oct 14, 2003

"Steve K" <nospam@iprimus.com.au> wrote in message news:42aa79e6_1@news.iprimus.com.au...
> "First of One" <daxinfx@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> > Well, installed it myself, too (the control panel version). Zero
> > performance improvements, but it did fix the stupid "coupled" AA/aniso
> > settings between OpenGL and D3D.
> >
> > There's an "WMV acceleration" checkbox. Anyone noticed smoother framerates
> > or lower CPU utilization with WMV9 videos?
> >
> nope, nothing like that... MP10 utilising ~40% CPU since ever (for me)

On which card? From what I've read, acceleration is
supported only on certain cards, and requires a patch
from Microsoft.