owl

From: "owl" <owl.1suqds@pcbanter.net>

| Have just unistalled norton av, I think, and have been on websites to
| compare different av's. the top 2 recommended seem to be
| The Shield Pro av and
| Grisoft
| any opinions please, as at present, I have no av protection,
| early replies would be greatly appreciated.
| many thanks in anticipation-- owl

You should ask such a question in a virus News Group.

microsoft.public.security.virus
alt.comp.virus
alt.comp.anti-virus

I would NOT recomend The Shield Pro ! It has zero following in alt.comp.virus and it has a
small library. ~33,000 even ClamAV which is junk has more. Good AV software should be 2.5
to 5 times that size.

AVG v7.x is a better choice. CA eTrust is even better than AVG.

AVAST -

AntiVir -
http://www.free-av.com/ - FREE

AVG -