Can this AIW card be saved?

I have been using an AIW 7500 for four years with no problem.
Returned to the computer the other day, moved the mouse to remove
screen blanking and although the crt monitor came to life, no picture
appeared. The screen stayed black. The Video out was working as
normal, showing a desktop screen on my TV. I have tried it in
another computer and get the same result. A monitor detects that
there is a signal coming out of the card but the screen remains black.
I have tried the DVI adapter on another card and it works fine.

Any thoughts? Should I just junk the card?

Gord

On Fri, 10 Jun 2005 17:41:45 GMT, Gord Lang <gordlangREMOVE@shaw.ca>
wrote:

>I have been using an AIW 7500 for four years with no problem.
>Returned to the computer the other day, moved the mouse to remove
>screen blanking and although the crt monitor came to life, no picture
>appeared. The screen stayed black. The Video out was working as
>normal, showing a desktop screen on my TV. I have tried it in
>another computer and get the same result. A monitor detects that
>there is a signal coming out of the card but the screen remains black.
>I have tried the DVI adapter on another card and it works fine.
>
>Any thoughts? Should I just junk the card?
>
>Gord

Was the other computer also using a different monitor? From what you
posted it's not clear to me that you have eliminated the monitor as
the failed component rather then the 7500. If you do scrape the 7500
can I have the cooling fan?

On Fri, 10 Jun 2005 12:28:24 -0700, Ashton Crusher <Hello@nowhere.net>
wrote:

>On Fri, 10 Jun 2005 17:41:45 GMT, Gord Lang <gordlangREMOVE@shaw.ca>
>wrote:
>
>>I have been using an AIW 7500 for four years with no problem.
>>Returned to the computer the other day, moved the mouse to remove
>>screen blanking and although the crt monitor came to life, no picture
>>appeared. The screen stayed black. The Video out was working as
>>normal, showing a desktop screen on my TV. I have tried it in
>>another computer and get the same result. A monitor detects that
>>there is a signal coming out of the card but the screen remains black.
>>I have tried the DVI adapter on another card and it works fine.
>>
>>Any thoughts? Should I just junk the card?
>>
>>Gord
>
>Was the other computer also using a different monitor? From what you
>posted it's not clear to me that you have eliminated the monitor as
>the failed component rather then the 7500. If you do scrape the 7500
>can I have the cooling fan?

Yes I used another monitor to test and have since used the original
monitor with a new card. It is fine.

You are welcome to the cooling fan but it is just a replacement item
from the surplus store. You would probably be best to find one
locally.

Gord

Gord Lang wrote:

> I have been using an AIW 7500 for four years with no problem.
> Returned to the computer the other day, moved the mouse to remove
> screen blanking and although the crt monitor came to life, no picture
> appeared. The screen stayed black. The Video out was working as
> normal, showing a desktop screen on my TV. I have tried it in
> another computer and get the same result. A monitor detects that
> there is a signal coming out of the card but the screen remains black.
> I have tried the DVI adapter on another card and it works fine.
>
> Any thoughts? Should I just junk the card?

Have you gone into the control panel and checked to make sure that nobody
disabled the VGA output while you weren't looking or dinked with it in some
other way?

--
--John
to email, dial "usenet" and validate

Gman

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007

In article <e0vja15a26jkhe7f9ifudf6vd4m9mpragt@4ax.com>, gordlangREMOVE@shaw.ca wrote:
>On Fri, 10 Jun 2005 12:28:24 -0700, Ashton Crusher <Hello@nowhere.net>
>wrote:
>
>>On Fri, 10 Jun 2005 17:41:45 GMT, Gord Lang <gordlangREMOVE@shaw.ca>
>>wrote:
>>
>>>I have been using an AIW 7500 for four years with no problem.
>>>Returned to the computer the other day, moved the mouse to remove
>>>screen blanking and although the crt monitor came to life, no picture
>>>appeared. The screen stayed black. The Video out was working as
>>>normal, showing a desktop screen on my TV. I have tried it in
>>>another computer and get the same result. A monitor detects that
>>>there is a signal coming out of the card but the screen remains black.
>>>I have tried the DVI adapter on another card and it works fine.
>>>
>>>Any thoughts? Should I just junk the card?
>>>
>>>Gord
>>
>>Was the other computer also using a different monitor? From what you
>>posted it's not clear to me that you have eliminated the monitor as
>>the failed component rather then the 7500. If you do scrape the 7500
>>can I have the cooling fan?
>
>Yes I used another monitor to test and have since used the original
>monitor with a new card. It is fine.
>
>You are welcome to the cooling fan but it is just a replacement item
>from the surplus store. You would probably be best to find one
>locally.
>
>Gord
Have you tried booting windows into safe mode? F8 is your friend.

On Sun, 12 Jun 2005 06:57:43 GMT, glenzabr@xmission.com (GMAN) wrote:

>In article <e0vja15a26jkhe7f9ifudf6vd4m9mpragt@4ax.com>, gordlangREMOVE@shaw.ca wrote:
>>On Fri, 10 Jun 2005 12:28:24 -0700, Ashton Crusher <Hello@nowhere.net>
>>wrote:

>>>Was the other computer also using a different monitor? From what you
>>>posted it's not clear to me that you have eliminated the monitor as
>>>the failed component rather then the 7500. If you do scrape the 7500
>>>can I have the cooling fan?
>>
>>Yes I used another monitor to test and have since used the original
>>monitor with a new card. It is fine.
>>
>>You are welcome to the cooling fan but it is just a replacement item
>>from the surplus store. You would probably be best to find one
>>locally.
>>
>>Gord
>Have you tried booting windows into safe mode? F8 is your friend.

Can't even see the POST screen but I did try F8 as well. Nada.

My best thought was doing a clean install to a prospective home
theatre system sytem using the video out for the monitor. I don't
know whether that would work or not.

Gord

Gord Lang <gordlangREMOVE@shaw.ca> wrote:

>I have been using an AIW 7500 for four years with no problem.
>Returned to the computer the other day, moved the mouse to remove
>screen blanking and although the crt monitor came to life, no picture
>appeared. The screen stayed black. The Video out was working as
>normal, showing a desktop screen on my TV. I have tried it in
>another computer and get the same result. A monitor detects that
>there is a signal coming out of the card but the screen remains black.
>I have tried the DVI adapter on another card and it works fine.
>
>Any thoughts? Should I just junk the card?
>
>Gord

Switch monitors??

Dennis

On Mon, 13 Jun 2005 04:15:07 GMT, Dennis G. <degoos@telus.net> wrote:

>Gord Lang <gordlangREMOVE@shaw.ca> wrote:
>
>>I have been using an AIW 7500 for four years with no problem.
>>Returned to the computer the other day, moved the mouse to remove
>>screen blanking and although the crt monitor came to life, no picture
>>appeared. The screen stayed black. The Video out was working as
>>normal, showing a desktop screen on my TV. I have tried it in
>>another computer and get the same result. A monitor detects that
>>there is a signal coming out of the card but the screen remains black.
>>I have tried the DVI adapter on another card and it works fine.
>>
>>Any thoughts? Should I just junk the card?
>>
>>Gord
>
>Switch monitors??
>
>Dennis

I did do that.

Gord

On Fri, 10 Jun 2005 20:46:35 GMT, Gord Lang <gordlangREMOVE@shaw.ca>
wrote:

>On Fri, 10 Jun 2005 12:28:24 -0700, Ashton Crusher <Hello@nowhere.net>
>wrote:
>
>>On Fri, 10 Jun 2005 17:41:45 GMT, Gord Lang <gordlangREMOVE@shaw.ca>
>>wrote:
>>
>>>I have been using an AIW 7500 for four years with no problem.
>>>Returned to the computer the other day, moved the mouse to remove
>>>screen blanking and although the crt monitor came to life, no picture
>>>appeared. The screen stayed black. The Video out was working as
>>>normal, showing a desktop screen on my TV. I have tried it in
>>>another computer and get the same result. A monitor detects that
>>>there is a signal coming out of the card but the screen remains black.
>>>I have tried the DVI adapter on another card and it works fine.
>>>
>>>Any thoughts? Should I just junk the card?
>>>
>>>Gord
>>
>>Was the other computer also using a different monitor? From what you
>>posted it's not clear to me that you have eliminated the monitor as
>>the failed component rather then the 7500. If you do scrape the 7500
>>can I have the cooling fan?
>
>Yes I used another monitor to test and have since used the original
>monitor with a new card. It is fine.
>
>You are welcome to the cooling fan but it is just a replacement item
>from the surplus store. You would probably be best to find one
>locally.
>
>Gord

Thanks but you are right , if it's a replacement instead of original
I'll just get one from the store.