Sign in with
Your question

How to burn an ISO from downloaded windows 7?

Tags:
  • Windows 7
  • ISO
  • Clean Install
  • Burner
Last response: in Windows 7
October 25, 2009 1:54:41 PM

Hi, I used the student discount to get Windows 7 Pro and I want to do a clean install and have no idea how to do it. Any ideas?

More about : burn iso downloaded windows

October 25, 2009 4:28:16 PM

anyone? thanks...
m
l
a b $ Windows 7
October 25, 2009 4:34:17 PM

google search
m
l
a c 215 $ Windows 7
October 25, 2009 6:35:06 PM

Better yet, use Microsoft's Windows 7 USB/DVD Download Tool and "burn" the ISO to a 4GB flash drive. Depending on the flash drive used, you can actually install 7 faster from it, than a dvd.
m
l
October 25, 2009 6:44:47 PM

i to got the win 7 pro via student discount and it wont let me upgrade from win xp 32bit to win 7 64bit.

i have tried burning an iso but can burn iso files over 2gig. so burnt a udf instead but still wont work.
i get the NTLDR message meaning its not a bootable media basically.
m
l
a c 215 $ Windows 7
October 25, 2009 6:48:10 PM

chuxsta said:
i to got the win 7 pro via student discount and it wont let me upgrade from win xp 32bit to win 7 64bit.

i have tried burning an iso but can burn iso files over 2gig. so burnt a udf instead but still wont work.
i get the NTLDR message meaning its not a bootable media basically.

Please do not thread hijack. Create your own thread for this problem. Better yet, read one of the other hundred or so threads addressing this issue.
m
l
October 25, 2009 6:53:40 PM

im not thread jacking, im in the same boat as the poster! hence why i added my reply..

and if he is in the same boat after burning to a flash drive memory stick or other media he will get the same NTLDR message when booting from it,
as he has downloaded the same file as myself no doubt.!

i have even contacted the poster to see if he has solved his issue...

I have also spent the last 5 hours reading threads about this,, but this is the first one that mentions the student download like i used..
m
l
a b $ Windows 7
October 28, 2009 2:42:14 PM

Chuxsta,

You will not be able to A.) Upgrade from Windows XP directly to Windows 7 and B.) Upgrade from a 32-bit operating system to a 64-bit. Please note that when migrating from Windows XP to Windows 7 you will not have an "in place upgrade" option. You will however have the option to select "custom" install when prompted. The Windows 7 install process will then copy all of your data in "My Documents" over to a Windows.old folder within Windows 7 itself. All applications and documents stored in other locations will have to be reinstalled / transferred manually.

For additional assistance with the migration of Windows XP to Windows 7, please go here: http://tinyurl.com/mhbep4

Also for more information on 32-bit architecture and 64-bit, please go to the following link: http://bit.ly/2aT3xP

Jessica
Microsoft Windows Client Team
m
l
!