Blue specs on screen when playing 3d games

I have an ati 9800 pro with arctic cooler no overclocking
AMD 2800+ with 1 gig of memory
abit kd7a motherboard

Downloaded the battlefield2 demo lastnight and played a 3d game for the
first time in months. My screen looks like its fll of blue squares..
They are most noticeable on dark scenes..

I tried the new catalyst drivers and a old set from may of 2004 I think
5.1?

I don't see the blue boxes when I run dxdiag, but I do see them in the
ati control panel when it displays the little red car..

Any ideas? The card was fine a few months ago, but it was in a much
cooler room with an air conditioner..

Thanks..

masg2 wrote:
> I have an ati 9800 pro with arctic cooler no overclocking
> AMD 2800+ with 1 gig of memory
> abit kd7a motherboard
>

> Downloaded the battlefield2 demo lastnight and played a 3d game for the
> first time in months. My screen looks like its fll of blue squares..
> They are most noticeable on dark scenes..
>
> I tried the new catalyst drivers and a old set from may of 2004 I think
> 5.1?
>
> I don't see the blue boxes when I run dxdiag, but I do see them in the
> ati control panel when it displays the little red car..
>
> Any ideas? The card was fine a few months ago, but it was in a much
> cooler room with an air conditioner..
>
> Thanks..

If it is heat related - try taking the case off and if you can run a
deskfan so that it is pointing at it - see if this helps. Also make sure
that the arctic cooler fan is still working (you should feel hot air
being ejected out the back by the cooler)

You could try re-installing the drivers, though it does sound like a
heat problem (specifically the memory overheating).

You could also try underclocking the card with ATI Tool to see if they
go away