Question on MMC and other issues

lee

I have a AIW 8500 and my PC crashed, so I decided to rebuild it from scratch
with all new drivers. I downloaded the 9.02 stuff from the ATI website, and
everythignseems to work fine. However, whn I was using the older version of
the software suite, in the Guideplus app, I could click on a program listing,
and I would be prompted for the name to save the recorded file as, and my
custom resolution settings would be displayed. Now it just saves everything
with a default name, and I get a menu of the standard resoulution settings.

Is this a change from the earlier software, or is there some config settings
somewhere I need to change to get my old functionality back?

Thanks!

Lee

"Lee" <anon@donotuse-anon.com> wrote:

>I have a AIW 8500 and my PC crashed, so I decided to rebuild it from scratch
>with all new drivers. I downloaded the 9.02 stuff from the ATI website, and
>everythignseems to work fine. However, whn I was using the older version of
>the software suite, in the Guideplus app, I could click on a program listing,
>and I would be prompted for the name to save the recorded file as, and my
>custom resolution settings would be displayed. Now it just saves everything
>with a default name, and I get a menu of the standard resoulution settings.
>
>Is this a change from the earlier software, or is there some config settings
>somewhere I need to change to get my old functionality back?
>
>Thanks!
>
>Lee

1.Open TV Player
2.Settings
3.One touch record

Now fill in the blanks as you want.

Dennis

lee

On 6/14/2005 4:22:04 PM, Dennis G. wrote:
>"Lee" <anon@donotuse-anon.com> wrote:
>
>>I have a AIW 8500 and my PC crashed, so I decided to rebuild it from scratch
>>with all new drivers. I downloaded the 9.02 stuff from the ATI website, and
>>everythignseems to work fine. However, whn I was using the older version of
>>the software suite, in the Guideplus app, I could click on a program listing,
>>and I would be prompted for the name to save the recorded file as, and my
>>custom resolution settings would be displayed. Now it just saves everything
>>with a default name, and I get a menu of the standard resoulution settings.
>>
>>Is this a change from the earlier software, or is there some config settings
>>somewhere I need to change to get my old functionality back?
>>
>>Thanks!
>>
>>Lee
>

>1.Open TV Player
>2.Settings
>3.One touch record
>
>Now fill in the blanks as you want.
>
>Dennis

That allows me to preset the name of the file, but I want to be prompted to
enter the name of the file.

"Lee" <anon@donotuse-anon.com> wrote:

>On 6/14/2005 4:22:04 PM, Dennis G. wrote:
>>"Lee" <anon@donotuse-anon.com> wrote:
>>
>>>I have a AIW 8500 and my PC crashed, so I decided to rebuild it from scratch
>>>with all new drivers. I downloaded the 9.02 stuff from the ATI website, and
>>>everythignseems to work fine. However, whn I was using the older version of
>>>the software suite, in the Guideplus app, I could click on a program listing,
>>>and I would be prompted for the name to save the recorded file as, and my
>>>custom resolution settings would be displayed. Now it just saves everything
>>>with a default name, and I get a menu of the standard resoulution settings.
>>>
>>>Is this a change from the earlier software, or is there some config settings
>>>somewhere I need to change to get my old functionality back?
>>>
>>>Thanks!
>>>
>>>Lee
>>

>>1.Open TV Player
>>2.Settings
>>3.One touch record
>>
>>Now fill in the blanks as you want.
>>
>>Dennis
>>

>That allows me to preset the name of the file, but I want to be prompted to
>enter the name of the file.

That is the last choice in the drop down list !!

Dennis