Sapphire X800XL 256mb AGP Problems

Every time I install this card I have problems rebooting.The only way I can
get it to boot at all is to set the startup boot sequence to CD,HD,Floppy.If
I set it to HD,CD,Floppy I get the Verifying DMI Pool Data message where it
just hangs.Oddly,when it does boot (CD,HD,Floppy sequence) I get the Boot
From CD message twice,but it then fires up after about 15 secs.
Mobo is an Abit AV8 3rd Eye with an AMD64 3700 San Diego)
I've tried everything I can think of including a fresh install.........any
ideas?

fisher

On Tue, 14 Jun 2005 15:17:38 GMT, "Paul Moore"
<paulmoore.hitchin@virgin.net> wrote:

>Every time I install this card I have problems rebooting.The only way I can
>get it to boot at all is to set the startup boot sequence to CD,HD,Floppy.If
>I set it to HD,CD,Floppy I get the Verifying DMI Pool Data message where it
>just hangs.Oddly,when it does boot (CD,HD,Floppy sequence) I get the Boot
>From CD message twice,but it then fires up after about 15 secs.
>Mobo is an Abit AV8 3rd Eye with an AMD64 3700 San Diego)
>I've tried everything I can think of including a fresh install.........any
>ideas?

Weird, I don't see how a vid card would affect the boot sequence. Do
you have two optical drives? I get the boot from cdrom drive twice too
but that is because I have two optical drives. Set your boot config
like this and then see what happpens.

1.Floppy
2.Cdrom
3.HDD

This could be just a mb bios glitch and you either need the latest mb
bios or it will be fixed in a new revision soon.

Paul Moore wrote:
> Every time I install this card I have problems rebooting.The only way I can
> get it to boot at all is to set the startup boot sequence to CD,HD,Floppy.If
> I set it to HD,CD,Floppy I get the Verifying DMI Pool Data message where it
> just hangs.Oddly,when it does boot (CD,HD,Floppy sequence) I get the Boot
> From CD message twice,but it then fires up after about 15 secs.
> Mobo is an Abit AV8 3rd Eye with an AMD64 3700 San Diego)
> I've tried everything I can think of including a fresh install.........any
> ideas?

Like the other poster said - check to see if you need the latest BIOS.
Also what power supply are you using (specifically what amps on the 12V
rail - should say on the sticker on the side of the PSU)