HL2 Deathmatch maps

Archived from groups: alt.games.half-life (More info?)

The downloads of the maps are really slow. Is there anyway for me to
download a map pack with the most used ones?
6 answers Last reply
More about deathmatch maps
  1. Archived from groups: alt.games.half-life (More info?)

    "Drew" <drew@.nospam.drewclayton.com> wrote in message
    news:cun4ee$cpbo$1@news3.infoave.net...
    > The downloads of the maps are really slow. Is there anyway for me to
    > download a map pack with the most used ones?
    >
    go to http://halflife2.filefront.com/
    they have 4 map packs of about 50 maps each.
  2. Archived from groups: alt.games.half-life (More info?)

    "Martin Pick" <mpick@mpick.karoo.co.uk> wrote in message
    news:oZWcnTLXD9QNtJLfSa8jmw@karoo.co.uk...
    >
    > "Drew" <drew@.nospam.drewclayton.com> wrote in message
    > news:cun4ee$cpbo$1@news3.infoave.net...
    >> The downloads of the maps are really slow. Is there anyway for me to
    >> download a map pack with the most used ones?
    >>
    > go to http://halflife2.filefront.com/
    > they have 4 map packs of about 50 maps each.
    >
    one of my machines has a problem. we need to uninstall dm and reinstall
    it. anyone know how to do this?
  3. Archived from groups: alt.games.half-life (More info?)

    On Sun, 13 Feb 2005 17:52:02 -0500, "fishy_stink_ho"
    <mckracker@hotmail.com> wrote:

    >one of my machines has a problem. we need to uninstall dm and reinstall
    >it. anyone know how to do this?

    In Steam, go into the game properties, select delete local game
    content. Then right click on the game in Steam and select Install.
    --
    Andrew, contact via interpleb.blogspot.com
    Help make Usenet a better place: English is read downwards,
    please don't top post. Trim replies to quote only relevant text.
    Check groups.google.com before asking an obvious question.
  4. Archived from groups: alt.games.half-life (More info?)

    fishy_stink_ho wrote:
    > "Martin Pick" <mpick@mpick.karoo.co.uk> wrote in message
    > news:oZWcnTLXD9QNtJLfSa8jmw@karoo.co.uk...
    >
    >>"Drew" <drew@.nospam.drewclayton.com> wrote in message
    >>news:cun4ee$cpbo$1@news3.infoave.net...
    >>
    >>>The downloads of the maps are really slow. Is there anyway for me to
    >>>download a map pack with the most used ones?
    >>>
    >>
    >>go to http://halflife2.filefront.com/
    >>they have 4 map packs of about 50 maps each.
    >>
    >
    > one of my machines has a problem. we need to uninstall dm and reinstall
    > it. anyone know how to do this?
    >
    >

    Well, open the Play Games menu in Steam, select Properties on the
    Half-Life 2 Deathmatch, select "Delete Local Content" (or something
    similarly titled), then select the game again in the menu to start
    downloading it again.
  5. Archived from groups: alt.games.half-life (More info?)

    "GFree" <nickt4001@yahoo.com.au> wrote in message
    news:420fdc8e$1@yorrell.saard.net...
    > fishy_stink_ho wrote:
    >> "Martin Pick" <mpick@mpick.karoo.co.uk> wrote in message
    >> news:oZWcnTLXD9QNtJLfSa8jmw@karoo.co.uk...
    >>
    >>>"Drew" <drew@.nospam.drewclayton.com> wrote in message
    >>>news:cun4ee$cpbo$1@news3.infoave.net...
    >>>
    >>>>The downloads of the maps are really slow. Is there anyway for me to
    >>>>download a map pack with the most used ones?
    >>>>
    >>>
    >>>go to http://halflife2.filefront.com/
    >>>they have 4 map packs of about 50 maps each.
    >>>
    >>
    >> one of my machines has a problem. we need to uninstall dm and reinstall
    >> it. anyone know how to do this?
    >
    > Well, open the Play Games menu in Steam, select Properties on the
    > Half-Life 2 Deathmatch, select "Delete Local Content" (or something
    > similarly titled), then select the game again in the menu to start
    > downloading it again.

    Thanks. Can't believe I missed it b4. The game does not show "decals"
    properly. You shoot something, and a white box appears where a bullethole
    graphic should appear. I'm hoping this will fix it. BTW, SP is fine.
  6. Archived from groups: alt.games.half-life (More info?)

    fishy_stink_ho wrote:
    >
    > Thanks. Can't believe I missed it b4. The game does not show "decals"
    > properly. You shoot something, and a white box appears where a bullethole
    > graphic should appear. I'm hoping this will fix it. BTW, SP is fine.
    >


    That's cool. If your problem is about decals not showing correctly
    though, it would be a LOT simpler to delete the half-life 2 deathmatch
    folder in your SteamApps folder. That would recreate a lot of files in
    their default state, effectively starting clean again.

    Of course, if you can affort the bandwidth/time to redownload the
    40-so-megs it takes, then you can proceed.
Ask a new question

Read More

Download Games Video Games