Downloading save points for Halif Life 2

Hello Group,

I'm in a bit of a dilemma, I've reformatted my hard drive without backing up
my save folder. I think I had almost finished the game too!!! :(

Is it possible to download official save points from somewhere and if so do
you know of any sites to download it from? I got to the bit where you fight
with the Striders and I'm pretty certain that I didn't have far to go from
there.

Regards

WannaPieceOfme ran into alt.games.half-life, fell over writhing and died
while saying:
> Hello Group,
>
> I'm in a bit of a dilemma, I've reformatted my hard drive without backing up
> my save folder. I think I had almost finished the game too!!! :(
>
> Is it possible to download official save points from somewhere and if so do
> you know of any sites to download it from? I got to the bit where you fight
> with the Striders and I'm pretty certain that I didn't have far to go from
> there.
>
> Regards

What you could do if you're not worried about getting the saves
themselves back, is to change one of the config files (sorry, can't
think of where it is off the top of my head, maybe someone else can?)
that has "Unlocked_chapters" or something to "unlock" the later chapters
for you to start from. Hope somebody can think of the config file.
--
-Acercanto (young pup)
user:forestman domain:vt.edu

You can have only two of the following
three qualities when developing a product:
cheap, fast or good. You can produce something
cheap and fast, but it won't be good,
good and fast, but it won't be cheap,
good and cheap, but it won't be fast.

grumps

Distinguished
Dec 6, 2004

"acercanto" <send.spam@microsoft.com> wrote in message
> WannaPieceOfme ran into alt.games.half-life, fell over writhing and died
> while saying:
> > Hello Group,
> >
> > I'm in a bit of a dilemma, I've reformatted my hard drive without
backing up
> > my save folder. I think I had almost finished the game too!!! :(
> >
> > Is it possible to download official save points from somewhere and if so
do
> > you know of any sites to download it from? I got to the bit where you
fight
> > with the Striders and I'm pretty certain that I didn't have far to go
from
> > there.
> >
> > Regards
> >

> What you could do if you're not worried about getting the saves
> themselves back, is to change one of the config files (sorry, can't
> think of where it is off the top of my head, maybe someone else can?)
> that has "Unlocked_chapters" or something to "unlock" the later chapters
> for you to start from. Hope somebody can think of the config file.

You can add;
sv_unlockedchapters "14"
to your config.cfg file.