By-pass security settings on a standalone computer

a b 8 Security
July 30, 2005 11:30:10 AM

Cheers mate!

Unfortunately I couldn't do it within my shift time. (without removing
access to the other admin account).
I did mention the the boss about being able to do things if there was
physical access, and I think he took it well.
He's asked me to come in next time the IT guy is onsite to 'watch'.

Unfortunately, I'm still up for buying drinks for everyone at the next
function.

Regards,
Lagomorph.

--
lagomorph
Anonymous

In article <lagomorph.1szd1n@pcbanter.net>,
lagomorph.1szd1n@pcbanter.net says...

> Cheers mate!
>
> Unfortunately I couldn't do it within my shift time. (without removing
> access to the other admin account).
> I did mention the the boss about being able to do things if there was
> physical access, and I think he took it well.
> He's asked me to come in next time the IT guy is onsite to 'watch'.
>
> Unfortunately, I'm still up for buying drinks for everyone at the next
> function.

All you needed to do as bring in a bootable CD, boot from the CD (of
your own making) and you can access files on the drive. Creating an
account is meaningless, it's the data that matters. You could also bring
in a bootable small hard drive, attach it the IDE cable, boot from it,
and then leave a large I_WAS_HERE file in the root of the old drive,
replace everything, and you're done. If you really wanted to be funny,
while you've got your drive installed, copy a key logger program to the
start-up folder for all users and then you've got all their
user/passwords.

--

spam999free@rrohio.com
remove 999 in order to email me