how to modify a corrupt registry of another computer?

Jacko

Distinguished
Sep 26, 2004

one of my machine could not be booted due to corrupt registry, with no means
of save mode or recovery mode...

i transfer the harddisk to another machine and hv access to the drive, but i
do not if i could modify/remove the culprit entry in the registry to recover
the OS...

any expert out there can help? thanks in advance.

In news:02435592-00FB-4953-9609-AA9A78032C48@microsoft.com,
jacko <jacko@discussions.microsoft.com> typed:
> one of my machine could not be booted due to corrupt registry, with
> no means of save mode or recovery mode...
>
> i transfer the harddisk to another machine and hv access to the
> drive, but i do not if i could modify/remove the culprit entry in the
> registry to recover the OS...
>
> any expert out there can help? thanks in advance.

Hard to say with so little info - were you unable to repair the OS? Boot
from the XP CD? What's the exact error message?

If it were me, I'd probably just grab the data to back it up and then
reinstall everything from scratch on the hard drive in the original PC.
Often faster than trying to troubleshoot.