Valentine's Day Love Poem To STEAM.

Last response: in Video Games
Share
February 14, 2005 1:50:51 PM

How do I love STEAM? Let me count the ways
I love STEAM to the sweat and sob and scream.
My soul can break, when playing is out of sight
For the trends of pain and scattered dream....

(With Apology to Elizabeth Barrett Browning)

STEAM, I love you, I must say I love you
To avoid the hounding of minions of Fans
Who will kill me if saying otherwise.
I wish I could do you if I can.

-------------------------------------
DISCLAIMER: This is solely my personal individual opinion and
observation and does
not in anyway related to or reflection of any company or organisation.
My opinion could be totally wrong, influenced by my paranoiac state of
mind about things and life in general at this time and age. My opinion
should not be taken seriously by anyone and I am exempt myself from all
the responsiblity regarding voicing these opinions. I don't mean to
influence public opinion
on the matter posted herein, I just want to express my paranoiac mental
state and wish to have
reasonable and wise advices from members of the newsgroup regarding my
paranoia.
I would like to sincerely apologise to anyone my opinion could offend
and would like to state that my intention is not aimed to offend anyone.

Should my opinion is diametrically different from yours,
I sincerely advise that You ignore my post and simply consider that my
mind is deranged. I accept with gladness all the humiliation exerting
upon myself in as a consequence of this post.
Anonymous
February 14, 2005 1:50:52 PM

Daniel wrote:
> How do I love STEAM? Let me count the ways
> I love STEAM to the sweat and sob and scream.
> My soul can break, when playing is out of sight
> For the trends of pain and scattered dream....
>
> (With Apology to Elizabeth Barrett Browning)
>
> STEAM, I love you, I must say I love you
> To avoid the hounding of minions of Fans
> Who will kill me if saying otherwise.
> I wish I could do you if I can.
>
> -------------------------------------
> DISCLAIMER: This is solely my personal individual opinion and
> observation and does
> not in anyway related to or reflection of any company or organisation.
> My opinion could be totally wrong, influenced by my paranoiac state of
> mind about things and life in general at this time and age. My opinion
> should not be taken seriously by anyone and I am exempt myself from all
> the responsiblity regarding voicing these opinions. I don't mean to
> influence public opinion
> on the matter posted herein, I just want to express my paranoiac mental
> state and wish to have
> reasonable and wise advices from members of the newsgroup regarding my
> paranoia.
> I would like to sincerely apologise to anyone my opinion could offend
> and would like to state that my intention is not aimed to offend anyone.
>
> Should my opinion is diametrically different from yours,
> I sincerely advise that You ignore my post and simply consider that my
> mind is deranged. I accept with gladness all the humiliation exerting
> upon myself in as a consequence of this post.

You really, really need a life.
February 14, 2005 1:50:52 PM

Daniel wrote:
> How do I love STEAM? Let me count the ways
> I love STEAM to the sweat and sob and scream.
> My soul can break, when playing is out of sight
> For the trends of pain and scattered dream....
>
> (With Apology to Elizabeth Barrett Browning)
>
> STEAM, I love you, I must say I love you
> To avoid the hounding of minions of Fans
> Who will kill me if saying otherwise.
> I wish I could do you if I can.
>
> -------------------------------------
> DISCLAIMER: This is solely my personal individual opinion and
> observation and does
> not in anyway related to or reflection of any company or organisation.
> My opinion could be totally wrong, influenced by my paranoiac state of
> mind about things and life in general at this time and age. My opinion
> should not be taken seriously by anyone and I am exempt myself from all
> the responsiblity regarding voicing these opinions. I don't mean to
> influence public opinion
> on the matter posted herein, I just want to express my paranoiac mental
> state and wish to have
> reasonable and wise advices from members of the newsgroup regarding my
> paranoia.
> I would like to sincerely apologise to anyone my opinion could offend
> and would like to state that my intention is not aimed to offend anyone.
>
> Should my opinion is diametrically different from yours,
> I sincerely advise that You ignore my post and simply consider that my
> mind is deranged. I accept with gladness all the humiliation exerting
> upon myself in as a consequence of this post.

have you considered youth in Asia?
Related resources
February 14, 2005 1:50:53 PM

GFree wrote:
> Daniel wrote:

>> I sincerely advise that You ignore my post and simply consider that my
>> mind is deranged. I accept with gladness all the humiliation exerting
>> upon myself in as a consequence of this post.
>>

> You really, really need a life.

....and a very expensive therapist.

--
"The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always
so certain of themselves, but wiser people so full of doubts"

Bertrand Russell
Anonymous
February 14, 2005 10:37:24 PM

WOW the depth of feeling about STEAM is truely amazing.......

Its just a game guys.

Its just a computer program.

Seriously consider spending less time at the PC. :)

I mean actually sit down and think about it. :|

If it affects your life to this extent, it probably isn't your thing. :(

Maybe you should think about finding another hobby.

> GFree wrote:
>> Daniel wrote:
>
>>> I sincerely advise that You ignore my post and simply consider that my
>>> mind is deranged. I accept with gladness all the humiliation exerting
>>> upon myself in as a consequence of this post.
>>>

>> You really, really need a life.
>
> ...and a very expensive therapist.
>
> --
> "The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so
> certain of themselves, but wiser people so full of doubts"
>
> Bertrand Russell
February 14, 2005 11:08:18 PM

What do you mean by that? jOhN.
You confuse me.
Regards,
Daniel
==========
jOhN wrote: have you considered youth in Asia?
Anonymous
February 15, 2005 2:50:25 AM

"Daniel" <daniel@dontbother.com> wrote in message
> What do you mean by that? jOhN.
> You confuse me.
> Regards,
> Daniel
> ==========
> jOhN wrote: have you considered youth in Asia?

He's saying you prefer hairless asian boys.
February 15, 2005 11:44:35 PM

I still don't see why it has anything to do with my post?
Strange behaviour and off-topics.

fishy_stink_ho wrote:

> "Daniel" <daniel@dontbother.com> wrote in message
> > What do you mean by that? jOhN.
> > You confuse me.
> > Regards,
> > Daniel
> > ==========
> > jOhN wrote: have you considered youth in Asia?
> >

> He's saying you prefer hairless asian boys.
February 16, 2005 7:05:59 AM

Daniel wrote:
> I still don't see why it has anything to do with my post?
> Strange behaviour and off-topics.
>
> fishy_stink_ho wrote:
>

>>"Daniel" <daniel@dontbother.com> wrote in message
>>
>>>What do you mean by that? jOhN.
>>>You confuse me.
>>>Regards,
>>>Daniel
>>>==========
>>>jOhN wrote: have you considered youth in Asia?
>>>

>>He's saying you prefer hairless asian boys.

ok ok, since you aren't getting it

your forlorn poetic recital made me think you might want to end it all
by suicide rather than live out your years in a Steam brainwashed
society......euthanasia, duh!

and you saying my behaviour is strange after your original
post............hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha
Anonymous
February 17, 2005 1:39:39 AM

Daniel wrote:

> How do I love STEAM? Let me count the ways
> I love STEAM to the sweat and sob and scream.
> My soul can break, when playing is out of sight
> For the trends of pain and scattered dream....

Roses are red
Violets are twisted
Bend over, user
You're about to get fisted

--

/mel/
Anonymous

I do admit that I have an unhealthy passion of hatred against STEAM.
I don't know why.
I spent more time reading, thinking and get upset about STEAM than playing
HL2 and CS:S.
Maybe I should go and see a psychiatrist some time.
Thanks for your advice but I do not consider Euthanasia as I want my
STEAM-hating genes to be propagated,
(is it a good thing? Maybe not :)

jOhN wrote:

> Daniel wrote:
> > I still don't see why it has anything to do with my post?
> > Strange behaviour and off-topics.
> >
> > fishy_stink_ho wrote:
> >

> >>"Daniel" <daniel@dontbother.com> wrote in message

> >>He's saying you prefer hairless asian boys.
> >

> ok ok, since you aren't getting it
>
> your forlorn poetic recital made me think you might want to end it all
> by suicide rather than live out your years in a Steam brainwashed
> society......euthanasia, duh!
>
> and you saying my behaviour is strange after your original
> post............hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha
February 17, 2005 5:11:12 AM

STEAMMadman wrote:
> I do admit that I have an unhealthy passion of hatred against STEAM.
> I don't know why.
> I spent more time reading, thinking and get upset about STEAM than playing
> HL2 and CS:S.
> Maybe I should go and see a psychiatrist some time.
> Thanks for your advice but I do not consider Euthanasia as I want my
> STEAM-hating genes to be propagated,
> (is it a good thing? Maybe not :)
>
> jOhN wrote:
>

>>Daniel wrote:
>>
>>>I still don't see why it has anything to do with my post?
>>>Strange behaviour and off-topics.

>>ok ok, since you aren't getting it
>>
>>your forlorn poetic recital made me think you might want to end it all
>>by suicide rather than live out your years in a Steam brainwashed
>>society......euthanasia, duh!
>>
>>and you saying my behaviour is strange after your original
>>post............hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha

Even if STEAM is the evil that you fear most I believe there are several
zillion things that exist in this world that deserve more attention.

Like your poetry skills ;-)

Go play now
Anonymous
February 17, 2005 5:36:58 PM

You can insult me in anything but my poetry skills...
You have touched the most sensitive spot of my ego, the ultimate insult of my
being,
I can't stand it any longer....
My poetry skill is the one I always am proud of....kind of....
Where is my gravity gun?
(Fists in the air).

!