When I pres control Alt Delete, it says it has been disabled by the
administrator on WIN XP, however I am the administrator, how do i regain
access ??

Thanks

Is the whole CTRL+ALT+DEL sequence disabled or just a Task Manager?

Other key combination to access Task Manager is: CTRL+SHIFT+ESC , you
might want to try that (most likely won't work if you're locked out).

If you're locked out only from Task Manager, go to your registry

HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Policies\System
and check if DisableTaskMgr is set to '1'. If it is, change it to '0'.

If that doesn't help, please post exact error message, and clarify if
you're locked out from the whole sequence or just TM.

Iamjamesb wrote:
> When I pres control Alt Delete, it says it has been disabled by the
> administrator on WIN XP, however I am the administrator, how do i regain
> access ??
>

> Thanks

Error Message: "Task Manager has been disabled by your administrator"
http://windowsxp.mvps.org/Taskmanager_error.htm

Enable/Disable Task Manager
http://www.dougknox.com/xp/utils/xp_taskmgrenab.htm

--
Hope this helps. Let us know.

Wes
MS-MVP Windows Shell/User

In news:DFBE6470-DCEE-4C9B-AED3-D4AAF864F371@microsoft.com,
Iamjamesb <Iamjamesb@discussions.microsoft.com> hunted and pecked:
> When I pres control Alt Delete, it says it has been disabled by the
> administrator on WIN XP, however I am the administrator, how do i regain
> access ??
>

> Thanks

Mandy

Hello. I just wanted to say I was having the same problem with my task
manager. I called and could get anyone to tell me how to correct it without
paying 60 for tech support when I have only had this notebook for 2 days now.
i was very frustrated until I came here and fixed the problem in less than 2
minutes. Thanks so much.

"Wesley Vogel" wrote:

> Error Message: "Task Manager has been disabled by your administrator"
> http://windowsxp.mvps.org/Taskmanager_error.htm
>
> Enable/Disable Task Manager
> http://www.dougknox.com/xp/utils/xp_taskmgrenab.htm
>
> --
> Hope this helps. Let us know.
>
> Wes
> MS-MVP Windows Shell/User
>
> In news:DFBE6470-DCEE-4C9B-AED3-D4AAF864F371@microsoft.com,
> Iamjamesb <Iamjamesb@discussions.microsoft.com> hunted and pecked:
> > When I pres control Alt Delete, it says it has been disabled by the
> > administrator on WIN XP, however I am the administrator, how do i regain
> > access ??
> >

> > Thanks

Glad to hear it. Keep having fun. :)

--