Anybody have any experiences with the Saphire X800XL

wookie

I'm about to pull the trigger on a Saphire X800XL Ultimate .. anybody have
one or know some one who does? How is the card?

"Wookie" <Tom@comcast.net> wrote in message
> I'm about to pull the trigger on a Saphire X800XL Ultimate .. anybody have
> one or know some one who does? How is the card?

A buddy of mine knows someone who just built a new computer two or three
weeks ago and they put a Sapphire X800XL into it. I doubt it was the
"Ultimate" version of the card, but there haven't been any issues yet to my
knowledge. Anyway, I believe Sapphire actually makes most of the so-called
"built by ATI" cards, so it's like buying from the horse's mouth, so to
speak.

wookie

I have a Sapphire 9800 Pro now and it is a fine card.
I am putting together a new machine and what makes this card an ultimate is
the Zalman GPU cooler that is used. It's a little pricey compared to other
X800XL's but like I said it does have an extra nice cooler which is about
the difference in cost.

>I have a Sapphire 9800 Pro now and it is a fine card.
> I am putting together a new machine and what makes this card an ultimate
> is the Zalman GPU cooler that is used. It's a little pricey compared to
> other X800XL's but like I said it does have an extra nice cooler which is
> about the difference in cost.

I was not aware, thanks for the info.