ken

Distinguished
Jan 15, 2004

Hi guys..
I've a Ati 9600pro...
since this card was in my pc with Mobo Asus p4s533 all was very fine!
Now, I put this videocard in pc of my brother and this one has ECS K7S5a with Athlon
900..so each 3d application go in crash after some minutes.
In this pc I've 2 OS WIn Me and Win2k...in both OS ..same crash...even if I change driver...
So, it's possible that ECS K7S5A has some compatibility problem with Ati 9600 pro????
Thanx!

frank

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007

I had tha board a while back and all I know it full of problems. Very
unstable at times with no apparent causes. The AGP is only 4x on that board.
Might be a cause. Also, power might a factor. What's the PSU on that mobo?

"KEN" <bò@mai.it> wrote in message
> Hi guys..
> I've a Ati 9600pro...
> since this card was in my pc with Mobo Asus p4s533 all was very fine!
> Now, I put this videocard in pc of my brother and this one has ECS K7S5a
> with Athlon
> 900..so each 3d application go in crash after some minutes.
> In this pc I've 2 OS WIn Me and Win2k...in both OS ..same crash...even if
> I change driver...
> So, it's possible that ECS K7S5A has some compatibility problem with Ati
> 9600 pro????
> Thanx!

Dino

what card was in it before?....did you remove all the drivers???...run a
program like Driver Cleaner and then re-install the drivers

sleepy

Distinguished
Jan 31, 2001

"KEN" <bò@mai.it> wrote in message
> Hi guys..
> I've a Ati 9600pro...
> since this card was in my pc with Mobo Asus p4s533 all was very fine!
> Now, I put this videocard in pc of my brother and this one has ECS K7S5a
> with Athlon
> 900..so each 3d application go in crash after some minutes.
> In this pc I've 2 OS WIn Me and Win2k...in both OS ..same crash...even if
> I change driver...
> So, it's possible that ECS K7S5A has some compatibility problem with Ati
> 9600 pro????
> Thanx!

Im no expert :) but here goes ... go into motherboard bios and run AGP at 4x
not 8x.
Disable fast-writes if thats on. Reinstall motherboard drivers. Try the 4.12
drivers for the
Radeon - many ppl found them the most stable/compatible for 9x00 cards.
Finally make
sure your case PSU is up to scratch. You need a decent 300w at least. and
install a temperature
monitor program like motherboard monitor to make sure your system isnt too
hot.

ken

Distinguished
Jan 15, 2004

"dino" <whyme@help.com> ha scritto nel messaggio news:kDzte.1268$X57.122233@news20.bellglobal.com...
> what card was in it before?....did you remove all the drivers???...run a
> program like Driver Cleaner and then re-install the drivers

Geforce2Mx..but with just driver cleaner I've removed all driver..
so seems doe'snt this problem!

ken

Distinguished
Jan 15, 2004

"Frank" <Frank@hotmail.com> ha scritto nel messaggio news:pPzte.27344$Fn.285503@weber.videotron.net...
> I had tha board a while back and all I know it full of problems. Very
> unstable at times with no apparent causes. The AGP is only 4x on that board.
> Might be a cause. Also, power might a factor. What's the PSU on that mobo?

PSU..U meant...Power Supply?
350W
but..Maybe I fix problem..
I updated mobo bios......and I've run many test with 3dmark..seems going good........
Thanx for your suggest!

He's right I could NEVER get my 9500 Pro or 9800 Pro to run on my old ECS
K7s5a. Face it, it's a buggy, bottom-dollar motherboard.

--
there is no .sig
"Frank" <Frank@hotmail.com> wrote in message
>I had tha board a while back and all I know it full of problems. Very
>unstable at times with no apparent causes. The AGP is only 4x on that
>board. Might be a cause. Also, power might a factor. What's the PSU on that
>mobo?
>

> "KEN" <bò@mai.it> wrote in message
>> Hi guys..
>> I've a Ati 9600pro...
>> since this card was in my pc with Mobo Asus p4s533 all was very fine!
>> Now, I put this videocard in pc of my brother and this one has ECS K7S5a
>> with Athlon
>> 900..so each 3d application go in crash after some minutes.
>> In this pc I've 2 OS WIn Me and Win2k...in both OS ..same crash...even if
>> I change driver...
>> So, it's possible that ECS K7S5A has some compatibility problem with Ati
>> 9600 pro????
>> Thanx!

I had that board for a couple of years and ran a 9600XT on it without
problems.

"Doug" <pigdos@nospam.com> wrote in message
> He's right I could NEVER get my 9500 Pro or 9800 Pro to run on my old ECS
> K7s5a. Face it, it's a buggy, bottom-dollar motherboard.
>
> --
> there is no .sig
> "Frank" <Frank@hotmail.com> wrote in message
>>I had tha board a while back and all I know it full of problems. Very
>>unstable at times with no apparent causes. The AGP is only 4x on that
>>board. Might be a cause. Also, power might a factor. What's the PSU on
>>that mobo?
>>

>> "KEN" <bò@mai.it> wrote in message
>>> Hi guys..
>>> I've a Ati 9600pro...
>>> since this card was in my pc with Mobo Asus p4s533 all was very fine!
>>> Now, I put this videocard in pc of my brother and this one has ECS K7S5a
>>> with Athlon
>>> 900..so each 3d application go in crash after some minutes.
>>> In this pc I've 2 OS WIn Me and Win2k...in both OS ..same crash...even
>>> if I change driver...
>>> So, it's possible that ECS K7S5A has some compatibility problem with Ati
>>> 9600 pro????
>>> Thanx!

I had this board not long ago. Ran a GF3 and later a 9800Pro without
problems. It even overclocks to 296 MHz FSB stably with the HoneyX BIOS.
It's got 3-phase power, too. Best $50 I spent in a while. :)