9800 pro and screensaver?

Alias

I'm not sure if this is a videocard problem or not? I recently got a virus
called spysheriff which would constantly load spyware on my computer...so i
finally was able to get rid of it but when i load up my computer and my
screensaver keeps on getting covered by a grey
screen...i can still see my icons just the screensaver background is
gone...display properties for this is locked and i cannot change or
highlight anything thing in there? Any suggestions?

i tried safe mode but the display settings are locked in there too...