Best point and shoot 5mb

What is the best all around point and shoot 5mb camera? I have a few in
mind but if there are others let me know. Sony dsc-t1, canon s500, fuji
f700, pentax optio? THanks

I have a DSC T1 and I think its a brilliant little camera

Ian

On Sun, 30 May 2004 22:24:52 -0400, "Asscrack" <jzurb@charter.net>
wrote:

>What is the best all around point and shoot 5mb camera? I have a few in
>mind but if there are others let me know. Sony dsc-t1, canon s500, fuji
>f700, pentax optio? THanks

I have a Konica Minolta G500 and I am very happy with it. It takes
good pics. You can also take a look at the Canon S500. I was deciding
between these 2 but then decided to go for the Minolta.

***
....the Phoenix shall rise...

gary

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007

My Pentax optio 550 gives really good results, also very easy to use.

Gary

Phoenix AG <contact.me@in.the.ng> wrote in message news:<a786b639d1af178774115e613c994675@news.teranews.com>...
> On Sun, 30 May 2004 22:24:52 -0400, "Asscrack" <jzurb@charter.net>
> wrote:
>
> >What is the best all around point and shoot 5mb camera? I have a few in
> >mind but if there are others let me know. Sony dsc-t1, canon s500, fuji
> >f700, pentax optio? THanks
> >

> I have a Konica Minolta G500 and I am very happy with it. It takes
> good pics. You can also take a look at the Canon S500. I was deciding
> between these 2 but then decided to go for the Minolta.

Both of these are good. The G500 may be discontinued though. I just
ordered six of them for $50 each.

On 1 Jun 2004 17:21:40 -0700, scharf@hotmail.com (Steven Scharf)
wrote:

>Phoenix AG <contact.me@in.the.ng> wrote in message news:<a786b639d1af178774115e613c994675@news.teranews.com>...
>> On Sun, 30 May 2004 22:24:52 -0400, "Asscrack" <jzurb@charter.net>
>> wrote:
>>
>> >What is the best all around point and shoot 5mb camera? I have a few in
>> >mind but if there are others let me know. Sony dsc-t1, canon s500, fuji
>> >f700, pentax optio? THanks
>> >

>> I have a Konica Minolta G500 and I am very happy with it. It takes
>> good pics. You can also take a look at the Canon S500. I was deciding
>> between these 2 but then decided to go for the Minolta.
>
>Both of these are good. The G500 may be discontinued though. I just
>ordered six of them for $50 each.

50$!!!?
My God! I can't believe that. Where did you buy them from? Thats
amazing.
Is the low price the only reason you think it might be discontinued?
Or did you hear anything else? They still have their other older
cameras on the market and the G500 is surely a much better camera than
any one of them.
The only thing that could have been a bit better is the 4 way
controller, IMO. But thats a small thing. Overall, its really great!

***
....the Phoenix shall rise...

On Wed, 02 Jun 2004 23:09:44 GMT, Phoenix AG <contact.me@in.the.ng>
wrote:

>50$!!!?
>My God! I can't believe that. Where did you buy them from? Thats
>amazing.

They must have fallen off the back of a truck.

After three other P&S cameras I think the Optio 550 is miles ahead also.

Check out the battery life and compare. This is the major restriction on how
you use the camera being afraid your battery will go dead after 2 hours of
usage. This will alter the usefulness of the camera after experiencing it. I
turn the Optio 550 on and leave it on all night between the hundred of pics
at an occasion party.