SP2 Will Not Install On My Computer

Windows XP SP2 will begin installation, but about midway through the install,
installation stops with the same error message. The error message is (access
denied). I have tried countless times to install this update using automatic
updates
as well as using the CD, all with negative results. I hope someone can help
me, at this point I'm about ready to update my operating system to XP
Professional, I
have XP Home Edition. Before installation I followed all the preperation
instructions
found on the Windows website.
--
babygigles(handle with care)

babygigles wrote:

> Windows XP SP2 will begin installation, but about midway through the install,
> installation stops with the same error message. The error message is (access
> denied). I have tried countless times to install this update using automatic
> updates
> as well as using the CD, all with negative results. I hope someone can help
> me, at this point I'm about ready to update my operating system to XP
> Professional, I
> have XP Home Edition. Before installation I followed all the preperation
> instructions
> found on the Windows website.
Hi,

Please see the "Access denied" section here:

http://www.michna.com/kb/WxSP2.htm#Cannot_install_Service_Pack_2

the 1328 page Scripting Guide: