SP2 Will Not Install On My Computer

August 1, 2005 10:02:03 AM

Windows XP SP2 will begin installation, but about midway through the install,
installation stops with the same error message. The error message is (access
denied). I have tried countless times to install this update using automatic
updates
as well as using the CD, all with negative results. I hope someone can help
me, at this point I'm about ready to update my operating system to XP
Professional, I
have XP Home Edition. Before installation I followed all the preperation
instructions
found on the Windows website.
--
babygigles(handle with care)

More about : sp2 install computer

Anonymous
August 1, 2005 7:29:37 PM

babygigles wrote:

> Windows XP SP2 will begin installation, but about midway through the install,
> installation stops with the same error message. The error message is (access
> denied). I have tried countless times to install this update using automatic
> updates
> as well as using the CD, all with negative results. I hope someone can help
> me, at this point I'm about ready to update my operating system to XP
> Professional, I
> have XP Home Edition. Before installation I followed all the preperation
> instructions
> found on the Windows website.
Hi,

Please see the "Access denied" section here:

http://www.michna.com/kb/WxSP2.htm#Cannot_install_Servi...

the 1328 page Scripting Guide: