Preventing an account from having a blank password.

Greg

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007

Currently on this Windows XP Pro workstation, if an account is created using
the Users& Passwords tool from the control panel, it will allow an account to
be created that has no password. The same system does not allow this account
to be created if I go through Administrative Tools. Is there a way to either
disable the Users & Passwords icon in the control panel or to force the Users
& passwords tool to require a password at the time the account is created?

Use the Group Policy Editor to block the nusrmgr.cpl applet.

Win 95/98/Me/XP Tweaks and Fixes
http://www.dougknox.com
--------------------------------
Unsolicited e-mail is not answered.

"Greg" <Greg@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:F351EBD2-1B22-4545-8DE2-F0931DFC1B30@microsoft.com...
> Currently on this Windows XP Pro workstation, if an account is created using
> the Users& Passwords tool from the control panel, it will allow an account to
> be created that has no password. The same system does not allow this account
> to be created if I go through Administrative Tools. Is there a way to either
> disable the Users & Passwords icon in the control panel or to force the Users
> & passwords tool to require a password at the time the account is created?

I tried this, Robert. The Users applet in control panel will still allow you to create an account with no password.