does gordon freeman have a serious asthma problem?

wtf is wrong with the guy, my grandmother can hold her breath for longer
than him.

"YER YER YER" <nospam@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> wtf is wrong with the guy, my grandmother can hold her breath for longer
> than him.

But can she keep her glasses on whilst swimming, running, jumping and being
blown up by aliens?

YER YER YER skrev:
> wtf is wrong with the guy, my grandmother can hold her breath for longer
> than him.

You should try diving wearing that heavy HEV-suit...

--
Robert Aksland

On Mon, 14 Feb 2005 20:19:36 +0100, Robert Aksland
<robert@nospam_aksland.no> wrote:

>YER YER YER skrev:
>> wtf is wrong with the guy, my grandmother can hold her breath for longer
>> than him.
>>

>You should try diving wearing that heavy HEV-suit...

At least, they could have given him a voice. Everyone else does the
talking for him.

David Seiver wrote:
> On Mon, 14 Feb 2005 20:19:36 +0100, Robert Aksland
> <robert@nospam_aksland.no> wrote:
>

>>YER YER YER skrev:
>>
>>>wtf is wrong with the guy, my grandmother can hold her breath for longer
>>>than him.
>>>

>>You should try diving wearing that heavy HEV-suit...
>

> At least, they could have given him a voice. Everyone else does the
> talking for him.

Valve deliberately chose to not give Gordon a voice, for two reasons:

(1) If they chose the wrong voice, It'd be very distracting/annoying
(FarCry anyone?)

(2) YOU are Gordon Freeman. You can personify the character in your manner.

On Mon, 14 Feb 2005 23:16:22 GMT, GFree <nickt4001@yahoo.com.au>
wrote:

>(1) If they chose the wrong voice, It'd be very distracting/annoying
>(FarCry anyone?)

Just curious, which voice/voices didn't you like? I particulary liked
the voice acting of the main character.

Erik

GeoTheCat wrote:
> On Mon, 14 Feb 2005 23:16:22 GMT, GFree <nickt4001@yahoo.com.au>
> wrote:
>

>>(1) If they chose the wrong voice, It'd be very distracting/annoying
>>(FarCry anyone?)
>>

> Just curious, which voice/voices didn't you like? I particulary liked
> the voice acting of the main character.

I hate the "surfer" vocals of Jack Carver.

I like the mysterious muteness of Gordon Freeman. It makes for some cute
jokes.

Ace

> I hate the "surfer" vocals of Jack Carver.
>
> I like the mysterious muteness of Gordon Freeman. It makes for some cute
> jokes.

i hate the comments of those stupid helpers,RELOAD!,I'M COMING WITH
YOU!,YOU DON'T LEAVE WITHOUT ME!
ARGH! over and over........shame i can't shoot them myself...

and how can alyx travel faster than gordon?! why doesn't gordon travel with
alyx!?
much easier i recon...

rico

On Tue, 15 Feb 2005 05:10:18 +0000, GFree wrote:

> I like the mysterious muteness of Gordon Freeman. It makes for some cute
> jokes.

If you're not female, then I'm seriously about to think twice about the
"Half Life players are secretly homosexual" thread.

Rico.

"nutt" <octaviola@yahoo.com> wrote
> That is a disturbing image. (BTW, it's Lamarr, after Hedy Lamarr who
> was famous both for being one of the first movie actresses to do nude
> scenes and for co-inventing the first missile guidance system.)

Nah, it's named after Hedley Lamarr of Blazing Saddles fame...
;)
--
David
davidfirewater(a)hotmail.com

"David Firewater" <davidfirewater.nospam@hotmail.com> wrote in message

> "nutt" <octaviola@yahoo.com> wrote
> > That is a disturbing image. (BTW, it's Lamarr, after Hedy Lamarr who
> > was famous both for being one of the first movie actresses to do nude
> > scenes and for co-inventing the first missile guidance system.)
>
> Nah, it's named after Hedley Lamarr of Blazing Saddles fame...
> ;)

Yeah, that was the first thing that came to my mind too.

nutt wrote:
> "David Firewater" <davidfirewater.nospam@hotmail.com> wrote in message
>
>>"nutt" <octaviola@yahoo.com> wrote
>>
>>>That is a disturbing image. (BTW, it's Lamarr, after Hedy Lamarr who
>>>was famous both for being one of the first movie actresses to do nude
>>>scenes and for co-inventing the first missile guidance system.)
>>
>>Nah, it's named after Hedley Lamarr of Blazing Saddles fame...
>>;)
>

> Yeah, that was the first thing that came to my mind too.

Sheesh, so many fledglings about these days. Hedy Lamarr goes back a
very long time before Blazing Saddles. Mel Brooks borrowed her name.

She was a gorgeous actress, spy, and inventor born in 1914. History
lesson:

http://www.inventions.org/culture/female/lamarr.html

I *love* the quote under her picture!

-dreq

"Derek Mark Edding" <dreq@earthlink.net> wrote
> Sheesh, so many fledglings about these days. Hedy Lamarr goes back a
> very long time before Blazing Saddles. Mel Brooks borrowed her name.
>
> She was a gorgeous actress, spy, and inventor born in 1914. History
> lesson:
>
> http://www.inventions.org/culture/female/lamarr.html
>
> I *love* the quote under her picture!

Yeah, got it mate. This thread was done here a few months back, I'm merely
reliving;)
--
David
davidfirewater(a)hotmail.com