CD drive needs ADMIN permission..... But I AM THE AMNINIST..

August 1, 2005 9:00:01 PM

My laptop has only just found the CD drive - 2 weeks after first using the
machine (it hadn't recognised it and then out of the blue it found new
hardware and installed it after I had been without for all that time).

Now, whenever I click on the e: drive, it says "you are not permitted to
execute the following program "E:\autorun.EXE" Please contact your
administrator. However there are no other users on my computer and I am the
administrator. How can I fix this problem? Please help if you possibly can!!!
August 5, 2005 4:37:29 AM

"" wrote:
> My laptop has only just found the CD drive - 2 weeks after
> first using the
> machine (it hadn't recognised it and then out of the blue it
> found new
> hardware and installed it after I had been without for all
> that time).
>
> Now, whenever I click on the e: drive, it says "you are not
> permitted to
> execute the following program "E:autorun.EXE" Please contact
> your
> administrator. However there are no other users on my computer
> and I am the
> administrator. How can I fix this problem? Please help if you
> possibly can!!!

Insted of doble clickng the cd drive icon, have you tried right click

Topic URL: http://www.windowsforumz.com/Security-Admin-CD-drive-pe...
Visit Topic URL to contact author (reg. req'd). Report abuse: http://www.windowsforumz.com/eform.php?p=1337886
!