CD drive needs ADMIN permission..... But I AM THE AMNINIST..

My laptop has only just found the CD drive - 2 weeks after first using the
machine (it hadn't recognised it and then out of the blue it found new
hardware and installed it after I had been without for all that time).

Now, whenever I click on the e: drive, it says "you are not permitted to
execute the following program "E:\autorun.EXE" Please contact your
administrator. However there are no other users on my computer and I am the
administrator. How can I fix this problem? Please help if you possibly can!!!
1 answer Last reply
More about drive admin permission amninist

    "" wrote:
    > My laptop has only just found the CD drive - 2 weeks after
    > first using the
    > machine (it hadn't recognised it and then out of the blue it
    > found new
    > hardware and installed it after I had been without for all
    > that time).
    >
    > Now, whenever I click on the e: drive, it says "you are not
    > permitted to
    > execute the following program "E:autorun.EXE" Please contact
    > your
    > administrator. However there are no other users on my computer
    > and I am the
    > administrator. How can I fix this problem? Please help if you
    > possibly can!!!

    Insted of doble clickng the cd drive icon, have you tried right click
    > Open?

    Topic URL: http://www.windowsforumz.com/Security-Admin-CD-drive-permission-AMNINISTRATOR-ftopict403461.html
    Visit Topic URL to contact author (reg. req'd). Report abuse: http://www.windowsforumz.com/eform.php?p=1337886

CD Drives Windows XP