Wireless, what else?

Last response: in Wireless Networking
a b F Wireless
July 13, 2004 8:58:41 PM

I was asked to implement a wireless Access Point in our office. I am
currently running 2 Windows 2003 Domain Controllers with DNS, a DHCP server,
File Servers and an ISA 2000 Firewall.

I bought a Orinoco Proxim 600 Access Point that supports RADIUS, WPA etc...

Since we do not currently utilize certificates, can I "get away" with
enabling WPA and feel somewhat confident that I am secure?

Does WinXP Pro SP1 (soon to be SP2) support WPA? Do/how do I know if the
Wireless NICS I have support WPA????

How did you all implement a secure wireless environment????

A lot, I know...THANKS!

Sean

More about : wireless

July 13, 2004 11:36:57 PM

Hi.

Support for WPA in WinXP is available to download from Microsoft for long
time.

Log to this page there is instructions for Wireless Security as well the
link to Microsoft WPA download.

Jack (MVP-Networking).

"HelpPls" <smd6169@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> I was asked to implement a wireless Access Point in our office. I am
> currently running 2 Windows 2003 Domain Controllers with DNS, a DHCP
server,
> File Servers and an ISA 2000 Firewall.
>
> I bought a Orinoco Proxim 600 Access Point that supports RADIUS, WPA
etc...

> Since we do not currently utilize certificates, can I "get away" with
> enabling WPA and feel somewhat confident that I am secure?
>
> Does WinXP Pro SP1 (soon to be SP2) support WPA? Do/how do I know if the
> Wireless NICS I have support WPA????
>
> How did you all implement a secure wireless environment????
>
> A lot, I know...THANKS!
>
> Sean

Anonymous
a b F Wireless
July 13, 2004 11:36:58 PM

WPA will be included in XPSP2 when it releases.

Here are links for the WPA package and the Wireless rollup package for
XPSP2.

KB for WPA (815485)
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;815485

Here is the KB for 826942, which addresses some additional issues related to
Wireless Networking and the WPA update.