Display, Control Panel & tv-video capture drivers - correc..

advised me about the version of Catalyst or separate set of drivers
which will enable me to get tv and video capture working back again and
from where I can download it. I am unfortunately stuck with MMC 7.7.0.1
and hence the drivers must must work for that version of MMC.

In my slow-speed dial-up situation, it takes a long time (sometimes
even abandoning the search becomes necessary) to search and find such
specific information and so I shall be extremely grateful to anyone who
would kindly share specific information on these points with me.

P. Jayant

On 25 Jun 2005 05:50:52 -0700, "pjayant" <pjayant@sancharnet.in>
wrote:

>advised me about the version of Catalyst or separate set of drivers
>which will enable me to get tv and video capture working back again and
>from where I can download it. I am unfortunately stuck with MMC 7.7.0.1
>and hence the drivers must must work for that version of MMC.
>
>In my slow-speed dial-up situation, it takes a long time (sometimes
>even abandoning the search becomes necessary) to search and find such
>specific information and so I shall be extremely grateful to anyone who
>would kindly share specific information on these points with me.
>
>P. Jayant

This was your original post, P. Jayant:

"I have been using the Radeon 8500 DV video card under XP on my
Pentium
IV PC quite satisfactorily for the last few years with the
6.13.10.3286
drivers for Display, Control Panel and video capture.
Some months ago, I installed a DVD Writer for capturing directly on
DVD
and installed Nero and SonyVision software which came along with the
DVD Writer. Even with those software packages, which recognized the
video capture device, I have captured whole 2 hour movies quite
satisfactorily.

Since wideband Internet connection required for Web TV is not
available
here, I have been dependent on Cable TV for capturing programs and
have
never tested the later versions of catalyst software which required
access to Web TV.

Recently, I opened the MMC 7.7.0.1 to capture a live program from the
Cable TV as I had done several times earlier and found that the MMC
was
no more having the TV Tuner functionality. Only capture from Composite
VCR or S-Video sources was left under MMC with the title Video-in, in
place of the earlier title of TV. Removing the drivers and MMC and
reinstalling the earlier versions of software and MMC all over again
has not worked I am wondering if the installation of the DVD Writer
related software has caused this problem.

I tried to check on the availability of Drivers and MMC for Radeon
Cards but the ATI site has changed face completely and there was no
facility for downloading the correct software for my Card, any more.

Could any correspondent of this NewsGroup advise me how I can restore
the TV Viewer functionality on my MMC 7.7.0.1?

Thanks.

P. Jayant"

I suggest that you go back and re-read the responses to it.

You said that your TV tuner had stopped working, while the video input
remained functional. The responses explained the most likely cause of
this, plus comments and questions involving other possible causes.

You didn't respond in any way to this.

You also asked what versions of the ATI drivers and MMC suite you
could download and install. This was also clearly answered.

You only answer to this was, effectively, to repeat the question.

If you have trouble understanding our responses, then say so, and
we'll try to help.

I can understand that if you're on dial-up, it takes time to download
and you want to be sure you download the right driver and MMC, but
we've answered you as specifically as your questions allow. Please
understand that this is a two-way process. It requires that you read
what we answer to you and respond to it. We can't help you if you
won't do that and, furthermore, if it seems to be a waste of time,
nobody will bother.

Patrick

<patrickp@5acoustibop.co.uk> - take five to email me...