How do I change my IP?

Hello there ^_^

I just need to know if there is any way to change my IP. Recently I was
infected with a worm virus that takes an IP and keeps coming back as long as
the IP exists. My IP is also constantly being scanned while I am chatting and
downloading from IRC. I dont want to know how to mask or hide my IP, I just
want to know If I can completely change it

THANK YOU
8 answers Last reply
More about change

    Contact your ISP.

    "NUDE_DUDE" <NUDEDUDE@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    | Hello there ^_^
    |
    | I just need to know if there is any way to change my IP. Recently I was
    | infected with a worm virus that takes an IP and keeps coming back as long
    as
    | the IP exists. My IP is also constantly being scanned while I am chatting
    and
    | downloading from IRC. I dont want to know how to mask or hide my IP, I
    just
    | want to know If I can completely change it
    |
    | THANK YOU

    Rebooting the computer may change the IP.
    Also
    Start/Run
    Type "ipconfig /release" ENTER
    Type "ipconfig /renew" ENTER
    You may still end up with the same IP, if so contact your ISP.

    However if you are continually being infected, you probably have other
    problems and the problem will return if it goes away to begin with.

    Do you have a firewall?
    Do you have updated antivirus?
    Do you have all the Critical Updates?
    http://www3.telus.net/dandemar/security.htm

    --
    Jupiter Jones [MVP]
    http://www3.telus.net/dandemar

    "NUDE_DUDE" <NUDEDUDE@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > Hello there ^_^
    >
    > I just need to know if there is any way to change my IP. Recently I was
    > infected with a worm virus that takes an IP and keeps coming back as long
    > as
    > the IP exists. My IP is also constantly being scanned while I am chatting
    > and
    > downloading from IRC. I dont want to know how to mask or hide my IP, I
    > just
    > want to know If I can completely change it
    >
    > THANK YOU

    If you're using a cable modem most likely they provision your IP address
    by your MAC address. So if you're using a Router, go in and modify the MAC
    address and most likely when it goes and reconnects to your ISP it will change
    your IP.

    If you're using something like DSL or FIOS from Verizon, then simply go into
    your router's interface and tell it to disconnect and then reconnect. Most
    likely you'll drop your IP and your service provider will reprovision you
    with a new IP address.

    If you're using a computer directly connected to the internet with no firewall
    (software or hardware) then first I suggest that you remove your computer
    from the network and mosey on over to Frye's, Compusa or BestBuy (or the
    store of your choice) and pick up a copy of Norton Antivirus as well as a
    picking up a copy of ZoneLabs ZoneAlarm security suite. To change your IP
    address use the information provided by others with regard to using the ipconfig
    /release all command (if using Windows).

    -gg-

    > Hello there ^_^
    >
    > I just need to know if there is any way to change my IP. Recently I
    > was infected with a worm virus that takes an IP and keeps coming back
    > as long as the IP exists. My IP is also constantly being scanned while
    > I am chatting and downloading from IRC. I dont want to know how to
    > mask or hide my IP, I just want to know If I can completely change it
    >
    > THANK YOU

    Hi dude i wount to be my IP adres is real but itis`n becouse i whont
    start wow server but my Ip adres is unreal and the players not be
    connect to my server can you help me plss

    --
    Mikosh

    "Mikosh" <Mikosh.1u3e6n@mail.mcse.ms> wrote in message

    > Hi dude i wount to be my IP adres is real but itis`n becouse i whont
    > start wow server but my Ip adres is unreal and the players not be
    > connect to my server can you help me plss
    >

    > --
    > Mikosh

    Please post your question in English.

    Bobby

    Mikosh wrote:

    > Hi dude i wount to be my IP adres is real but itis`n becouse i whont
    > start wow server but my Ip adres is unreal and the players not be
    > connect to my server can you help me plss

    From the way your post is written, one can only assume that English
    isn't your first language. Or your second. Or your third...

    Seriously, you need to be able to communicate what you're trying to
    say, before anyone can even begin to help you.

    Good Luck!

    Notan

    Huh?

    Fitz wrote: