Cards for 98se available?

Hiya,

Is there some way I can find out who makes video cards for my system?
I need a DVI port and it needs to run on Win98se.

Thanks,

Mooch

You can run any ATi card, even the newest ones. Win98 drivers are still
available (with 3D functionality and all), though they are not updated as
frequently as the XP drivers.

"Mooch" <moochito@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> Hiya,
>
> Is there some way I can find out who makes video cards for my system?
> I need a DVI port and it needs to run on Win98se.
>
> Thanks,
>
> Mooch

Thanx Matt, and the group. for the information, and the quick replies,
I had no Idea it worked that way. I should have upgraded a long time
ago.

Mooch

On Sun, 26 Jun 2005 16:22:18 -0700, Mooch <moochito@hotmail.com>
wrote:

>Thanx Matt, and the group. for the information, and the quick replies,
>I had no Idea it worked that way. I should have upgraded a long time
>ago.

Couldn't you scrape up the money for XP? I got an OEM from Ebay and
have never looked back. It is far more stable.
--

Julian Richards
computer "at" richardsuk.f9.co.uk

www.richardsuk.f9.co.uk
Website of "Robot Wars" middleweight "Broadsword IV"

Pretty much any video card made that has DVI output. You won't be able to
get the latest drivers (at least from ATI), but you'll still be able to get
some sort of drivers from them for 98SE (I think it's Catalyst 5.2 that's
their latest driver for 98SE). Personally, if that's all you need is a DVI
output (and you don't care about gaming performance) I'd hit ebay and look
for a cheap 9500 Pro.

--
there is no .sig
"Mooch" <moochito@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> Hiya,
>
> Is there some way I can find out who makes video cards for my system?
> I need a DVI port and it needs to run on Win98se.
>
> Thanks,
>
> Mooch

Indeed, for about 90% of the users, XP makes sense. Money is usually not the
reason for holding off on the switch, though (alt.binaries.cd.image, if you
want it bad enough). Most likely there's a much-needed app or game that
doesn't work with XP.