Cards for 98se available?

Hiya,

Is there some way I can find out who makes video cards for my system?
I need a DVI port and it needs to run on Win98se.

Thanks,

Mooch
5 answers Last reply
More about cards 98se available

    You can run any ATi card, even the newest ones. Win98 drivers are still
    available (with 3D functionality and all), though they are not updated as
    frequently as the XP drivers.

    "Mooch" <moochito@hotmail.com> wrote in message
    > Hiya,
    >
    > Is there some way I can find out who makes video cards for my system?
    > I need a DVI port and it needs to run on Win98se.
    >
    > Thanks,
    >
    > Mooch

    Thanx Matt, and the group. for the information, and the quick replies,
    I had no Idea it worked that way. I should have upgraded a long time
    ago.

    Mooch

    On Sun, 26 Jun 2005 16:22:18 -0700, Mooch <moochito@hotmail.com>
    wrote:

    >Thanx Matt, and the group. for the information, and the quick replies,
    >I had no Idea it worked that way. I should have upgraded a long time
    >ago.

    Couldn't you scrape up the money for XP? I got an OEM from Ebay and
    have never looked back. It is far more stable.
    --

    Julian Richards
    computer "at" richardsuk.f9.co.uk

    www.richardsuk.f9.co.uk
    Website of "Robot Wars" middleweight "Broadsword IV"

    Pretty much any video card made that has DVI output. You won't be able to
    get the latest drivers (at least from ATI), but you'll still be able to get
    some sort of drivers from them for 98SE (I think it's Catalyst 5.2 that's
    their latest driver for 98SE). Personally, if that's all you need is a DVI
    output (and you don't care about gaming performance) I'd hit ebay and look
    for a cheap 9500 Pro.

    --
    there is no .sig
    "Mooch" <moochito@hotmail.com> wrote in message
    > Hiya,
    >
    > Is there some way I can find out who makes video cards for my system?
    > I need a DVI port and it needs to run on Win98se.
    >
    > Thanks,
    >
    > Mooch

    Indeed, for about 90% of the users, XP makes sense. Money is usually not the
    reason for holding off on the switch, though (alt.binaries.cd.image, if you
    want it bad enough). Most likely there's a much-needed app or game that
    doesn't work with XP.

    "Julian Richards" <see@sig.co.uk> wrote in message
    > Couldn't you scrape up the money for XP? I got an OEM from Ebay and
    > have never looked back. It is far more stable.

Radeon Graphics Cards DVI ATI Graphics