  • Keylogger
  • Norton
  • Windows XP
August 3, 2005 1:19:23 PM

Last night I had an alert popup from Norton that it had blocked
communication by "Keylogger Trojan Horse'. The Norton alert said the
process name was "...\program files\messenger\msmsgs.exe" which is the
Windows Messenger program. I have all the latest updates and
definitions and scanned my entire system, and nothing is showing up.
When my Norton blocks other trojans like "Bla Trojan" it always says
process name is "N/A". Does the above message mean a keylogger
trojan tried to communicate with msmsgs.exe and was refused and was
denied being placed on my computer, or is it likely still here?
Norton is not detecting anything on repeat scans. Thanks for any
advice.

RGB

More about : keylogger trojan question

August 3, 2005 2:26:24 PM

you may have the trojan on your system and norton was blocking an internal
connection.
for general trojan removal this works!
Don Kendrick

!