creating windows xp users

I have some trouble creating different users for windows xp home edition. The
main account (mine) and the invited account work properly, but if I attempt
to create a user1 or user2, it is impossible to open the accounts and to
start working on them. The system just gets blocked and I have to restart the
machine.
Any ideas on how to fix this? I really need to create different accounts for
my kids.
Thanks in advance
Sandra
1 answer Last reply
More about creating windows users

    After the account(s) are created, log off or reboot to access the new
    account(s).

    To create a new user account
    http://www.microsoft.com/resources/documentation/windows/xp/all/proddocs/en-us/lsm_create_new_user.mspx

    To add a new user to the computer
    http://www.microsoft.com/resources/documentation/windows/xp/all/proddocs/en-us/usercpl_add_user.mspx

    How To Create and Configure User Accounts in Windows XP

    Hope this helps. Let us know.

    Wes
    MS-MVP Windows Shell/User

    In news:99E87071-284E-4552-8122-1864E800A648@microsoft.com,
    Smedina <Smedina@discussions.microsoft.com> hunted and pecked:
    > I have some trouble creating different users for windows xp home edition.
    > The main account (mine) and the invited account work properly, but if I
    > attempt to create a user1 or user2, it is impossible to open the accounts
    > and to start working on them. The system just gets blocked and I have to
    > restart the machine.
    > Any ideas on how to fix this? I really need to create different accounts
    > for my kids.
    > Thanks in advance
    > Sandra

Security Microsoft Windows XP