Final decisions on 19" TFT's

Hey posted this question a couple of times but i'm finally down on a clear
choice.

AG neovo F-419
http://www.ebuyer.com/customer/products/index.html?action=c2hvd19wcm9kdWN0X292ZXJ2aWV3&product_uid=55183
Rated for 12ms
500:1 contrast ratio
DVI & VGA
250 cd/m2 brightness
£184

Samsing 913N
http://www.ebuyer.com/customer/products/index.html?action=c2hvd19wcm9kdWN0X292ZXJ2aWV3&product_uid=91795
Rated for 8ms
VGA only
300 cd/m2 brightness
800:1 contrast ratio
£211(plus i get spinter cell, if i buy from ebuyer :)

So folks is it worth shelling out the extra £30, for the better specs. The
design of the AG, i think is nicer, however i hear the base is a bit flimsy.
From a quality point of view the Samsung looks better(brand names rep etc.),
either way £200 is a whole lot of cash. Should i screw savings and go for
peace of mind or save £30 and use it to get a nice fat SATA HDD.

So i need that final bit of convincing, care to share?
Thanks

--
"Blu-Ray"
2600+Sempron (O/C @2800+)

Veritech wrote:
> Hey posted this question a couple of times but i'm finally down on a clear
> choice.
>
> AG neovo F-419
> http://www.ebuyer.com/customer/products/index.html?action=c2hvd19wcm9kdWN0X292ZXJ2aWV3&product_uid=55183
> Rated for 12ms
> 500:1 contrast ratio
> DVI & VGA
> 250 cd/m2 brightness
> £184
>
> Samsing 913N
> http://www.ebuyer.com/customer/products/index.html?action=c2hvd19wcm9kdWN0X292ZXJ2aWV3&product_uid=91795
> Rated for 8ms
> VGA only
> 300 cd/m2 brightness
> 800:1 contrast ratio
> £211(plus i get spinter cell, if i buy from ebuyer :)
>
> So folks is it worth shelling out the extra £30, for the better specs. The
> design of the AG, i think is nicer, however i hear the base is a bit flimsy.
> From a quality point of view the Samsung looks better(brand names rep etc..),
> either way £200 is a whole lot of cash. Should i screw savings and go for
> peace of mind or save £30 and use it to get a nice fat SATA HDD.
>
> So i need that final bit of convincing, care to share?
> Thanks
>
> --
> "Blu-Ray"
> 2600+Sempron (O/C @2800+)
> 512Mb DDR 400 (running in sync with cpu @ 184)
> 9600 pro 128 (O/C @ 420/500)
> Gigabyte 7VT600P-RZ
> Raidmax cobra case
> Dual 12" Blue CCFL
> Blue LED fans
> Arctic Cooler Copper 2L
> "Cheap and very cheerful"
> Check it out @
> www.russianspacestation.iwarp.com/blu-ray.htm

i have the samsung 913v (different color bezel, but same screen). i am
very pleased with the quality of the image and hardware too! also have
ati 9600xt aiw card, which also seems to like the samsung.

Veritech wrote:
> Hey posted this question a couple of times but i'm finally down on a clear
> choice.
>
> AG neovo F-419
> http://www.ebuyer.com/customer/products/index.html?action=c2hvd19wcm9kdWN0X292ZXJ2aWV3&product_uid=55183
> Rated for 12ms
> 500:1 contrast ratio
> DVI & VGA
> 250 cd/m2 brightness
> £184
>
> Samsing 913N
> http://www.ebuyer.com/customer/products/index.html?action=c2hvd19wcm9kdWN0X292ZXJ2aWV3&product_uid=91795
> Rated for 8ms
> VGA only
> 300 cd/m2 brightness
> 800:1 contrast ratio
> £211(plus i get spinter cell, if i buy from ebuyer :)
>
> So folks is it worth shelling out the extra £30, for the better specs. The
> design of the AG, i think is nicer, however i hear the base is a bit flimsy.
> From a quality point of view the Samsung looks better(brand names rep etc..),
> either way £200 is a whole lot of cash. Should i screw savings and go for
> peace of mind or save £30 and use it to get a nice fat SATA HDD.
>
> So i need that final bit of convincing, care to share?
> Thanks
>
> --
> "Blu-Ray"
> 2600+Sempron (O/C @2800+)
> 512Mb DDR 400 (running in sync with cpu @ 184)
> 9600 pro 128 (O/C @ 420/500)
> Gigabyte 7VT600P-RZ
> Raidmax cobra case
> Dual 12" Blue CCFL
> Blue LED fans
> Arctic Cooler Copper 2L
> "Cheap and very cheerful"
> Check it out @
> www.russianspacestation.iwarp.com/blu-ray.htm

i have the samsung 913v (different color bezel, but same screen). i am
very pleased with the quality of the image and hardware too! also have
ati 9600xt aiw card, which also seems to like the samsung.

I'm going to have to agree with Peter's suggestion. Specs are nice but
seeing the monitor itself is crucial. I would never buy a monitor I
couldn't check out in person before I bought it. Now, once I've seen it I
might go mail order to get it cheaper.

I would go with the one that has the best picture and then consider
features. If all things are equal I like Samsung but I probably wouldn't
get one that has only VGA output. Have you considered the 930b?

Richard

"Veritech" <avis.dalrymple@ntlworld.com> wrote in message
> Hey posted this question a couple of times but i'm finally down on a
> clear choice.
>
> AG neovo F-419
> http://www.ebuyer.com/customer/products/index.html?action=c2hvd19wcm9kdWN0X292ZXJ2aWV3&product_uid=55183
> Rated for 12ms
> 500:1 contrast ratio
> DVI & VGA
> 250 cd/m2 brightness
> £184
>
> Samsing 913N
> http://www.ebuyer.com/customer/products/index.html?action=c2hvd19wcm9kdWN0X292ZXJ2aWV3&product_uid=91795
> Rated for 8ms
> VGA only
> 300 cd/m2 brightness
> 800:1 contrast ratio
> £211(plus i get spinter cell, if i buy from ebuyer :)
>
> So folks is it worth shelling out the extra £30, for the better specs. The
> design of the AG, i think is nicer, however i hear the base is a bit
> flimsy. From a quality point of view the Samsung looks better(brand names
> rep etc.), either way £200 is a whole lot of cash. Should i screw savings
> and go for peace of mind or save £30 and use it to get a nice fat SATA
> HDD.
>
> So i need that final bit of convincing, care to share?
> Thanks
>
> --
> "Blu-Ray"
> 2600+Sempron (O/C @2800+)
> 512Mb DDR 400 (running in sync with cpu @ 184)
> 9600 pro 128 (O/C @ 420/500)
> Gigabyte 7VT600P-RZ
> Raidmax cobra case
> Dual 12" Blue CCFL
> Blue LED fans
> Arctic Cooler Copper 2L
> "Cheap and very cheerful"
> Check it out @
> www.russianspacestation.iwarp.com/blu-ray.htm

Have you actually gone out to look at both displays???
Specs are great.....but a picture is worth a 1000 words
peterk

the problem
"Veritech" <avis.dalrymple@ntlworld.com> wrote in message
> Hey posted this question a couple of times but i'm finally down on a
> clear choice.
>
> AG neovo F-419
> http://www.ebuyer.com/customer/products/index.html?action=c2hvd19wcm9kdWN0X292ZXJ2aWV3&product_uid=55183
> Rated for 12ms
> 500:1 contrast ratio
> DVI & VGA
> 250 cd/m2 brightness
> £184
>
> Samsing 913N
> http://www.ebuyer.com/customer/products/index.html?action=c2hvd19wcm9kdWN0X292ZXJ2aWV3&product_uid=91795
> Rated for 8ms
> VGA only
> 300 cd/m2 brightness
> 800:1 contrast ratio
> £211(plus i get spinter cell, if i buy from ebuyer :)
>
> So folks is it worth shelling out the extra £30, for the better specs. The
> design of the AG, i think is nicer, however i hear the base is a bit
> flimsy. From a quality point of view the Samsung looks better(brand names
> rep etc.), either way £200 is a whole lot of cash. Should i screw savings
> and go for peace of mind or save £30 and use it to get a nice fat SATA
> HDD.
>
> So i need that final bit of convincing, care to share?
> Thanks
>
> --
> "Blu-Ray"
> 2600+Sempron (O/C @2800+)
> 512Mb DDR 400 (running in sync with cpu @ 184)
> 9600 pro 128 (O/C @ 420/500)
> Gigabyte 7VT600P-RZ
> Raidmax cobra case
> Dual 12" Blue CCFL
> Blue LED fans
> Arctic Cooler Copper 2L
> "Cheap and very cheerful"
> Check it out @
> www.russianspacestation.iwarp.com/blu-ray.htm

tonyc

"Veritech" <avis.dalrymple@ntlworld.com> wrote in message
> Hey posted this question a couple of times but i'm finally down on a
> clear choice.
>
> AG neovo F-419
> http://www.ebuyer.com/customer/products/index.html?action=c2hvd19wcm9kdWN0X292ZXJ2aWV3&product_uid=55183
> Rated for 12ms
> 500:1 contrast ratio
> DVI & VGA
> 250 cd/m2 brightness
> £184
>
> Samsing 913N
> http://www.ebuyer.com/customer/products/index.html?action=c2hvd19wcm9kdWN0X292ZXJ2aWV3&product_uid=91795
> Rated for 8ms
> VGA only
> 300 cd/m2 brightness
> 800:1 contrast ratio
> £211(plus i get spinter cell, if i buy from ebuyer :)
>
> So folks is it worth shelling out the extra £30, for the better specs. The
> design of the AG, i think is nicer, however i hear the base is a bit
> flimsy. From a quality point of view the Samsung looks better(brand names
> rep etc.), either way £200 is a whole lot of cash. Should i screw savings
> and go for peace of mind or save £30 and use it to get a nice fat SATA
> HDD.
>
> So i need that final bit of convincing, care to share?
> Thanks
>
> --
> "Blu-Ray"
> 2600+Sempron (O/C @2800+)
> 512Mb DDR 400 (running in sync with cpu @ 184)
> 9600 pro 128 (O/C @ 420/500)
> Gigabyte 7VT600P-RZ
> Raidmax cobra case
> Dual 12" Blue CCFL
> Blue LED fans
> Arctic Cooler Copper 2L
> "Cheap and very cheerful"
> Check it out @
> www.russianspacestation.iwarp.com/blu-ray.htm

ViewSonic

Tony

I have to Agree with TonyC, I have the Viewsonic VP912b and think its a
fantastic monitor.

Joe

"TonyC" <no@spam.com> wrote in message
> "Veritech" <avis.dalrymple@ntlworld.com> wrote in message
>> Hey posted this question a couple of times but i'm finally down on a
>> clear choice.
>>
>> AG neovo F-419
>> http://www.ebuyer.com/customer/products/index.html?action=c2hvd19wcm9kdWN0X292ZXJ2aWV3&product_uid=55183
>> Rated for 12ms
>> 500:1 contrast ratio
>> DVI & VGA
>> 250 cd/m2 brightness
>> £184
>>
>> Samsing 913N
>> http://www.ebuyer.com/customer/products/index.html?action=c2hvd19wcm9kdWN0X292ZXJ2aWV3&product_uid=91795
>> Rated for 8ms
>> VGA only
>> 300 cd/m2 brightness
>> 800:1 contrast ratio
>> £211(plus i get spinter cell, if i buy from ebuyer :)
>>
>> So folks is it worth shelling out the extra £30, for the better specs.
>> The design of the AG, i think is nicer, however i hear the base is a bit
>> flimsy. From a quality point of view the Samsung looks better(brand names
>> rep etc.), either way £200 is a whole lot of cash. Should i screw savings
>> and go for peace of mind or save £30 and use it to get a nice fat SATA
>> HDD.
>>
>> So i need that final bit of convincing, care to share?
>> Thanks
>>
>> --
>> "Blu-Ray"
>> 2600+Sempron (O/C @2800+)
>> 512Mb DDR 400 (running in sync with cpu @ 184)
>> 9600 pro 128 (O/C @ 420/500)
>> Gigabyte 7VT600P-RZ
>> Raidmax cobra case
>> Dual 12" Blue CCFL
>> Blue LED fans
>> Arctic Cooler Copper 2L
>> "Cheap and very cheerful"
>> Check it out @
>> www.russianspacestation.iwarp.com/blu-ray.htm
>

> ViewSonic
>

> Tony

shawk

"Veritech" <avis.dalrymple@ntlworld.com> wrote in message
> Hey posted this question a couple of times but i'm finally down on a
> clear choice.
>
> AG neovo F-419
> http://www.ebuyer.com/customer/products/index.html?action=c2hvd19wcm9kdWN0X292ZXJ2aWV3&product_uid=55183
> Rated for 12ms
> 500:1 contrast ratio
> DVI & VGA
> 250 cd/m2 brightness
> £184
>
> Samsing 913N
> http://www.ebuyer.com/customer/products/index.html?action=c2hvd19wcm9kdWN0X292ZXJ2aWV3&product_uid=91795
> Rated for 8ms
> VGA only
> 300 cd/m2 brightness
> 800:1 contrast ratio
> £211(plus i get spinter cell, if i buy from ebuyer :)
>
> So folks is it worth shelling out the extra £30, for the better specs. The
> design of the AG, i think is nicer, however i hear the base is a bit
> flimsy. From a quality point of view the Samsung looks better(brand names
> rep etc.), either way £200 is a whole lot of cash. Should i screw savings
> and go for peace of mind or save £30 and use it to get a nice fat SATA
> HDD.
>
> So i need that final bit of convincing, care to share?
> Thanks
>
> --
> "Blu-Ray"
> 2600+Sempron (O/C @2800+)
> 512Mb DDR 400 (running in sync with cpu @ 184)
> 9600 pro 128 (O/C @ 420/500)
> Gigabyte 7VT600P-RZ
> Raidmax cobra case
> Dual 12" Blue CCFL
> Blue LED fans
> Arctic Cooler Copper 2L
> "Cheap and very cheerful"
> Check it out @
> www.russianspacestation.iwarp.com/blu-ray.htm

There's a big difference between these two in contrast ratio's and this is
an important consideration. I only have 400:1 contrast ratio on my LCD and
instead of greyscales I get pure black - almost unuseable for dark games
(like Doom3 or Riddick) or DVD's - still use a CRT for gaming. As others
have said - go and have a look at the monitors working.

Bobby

DVI output is important.

My DigiMate 199" has DVI and it works great with my 9800 Pro.

Bobby

"Veritech" <avis.dalrymple@ntlworld.com> wrote in message
> Hey posted this question a couple of times but i'm finally down on a
> clear choice.
>
> AG neovo F-419
> http://www.ebuyer.com/customer/products/index.html?action=c2hvd19wcm9kdWN0X292ZXJ2aWV3&product_uid=55183
> Rated for 12ms
> 500:1 contrast ratio
> DVI & VGA
> 250 cd/m2 brightness
> £184
>
> Samsing 913N
> http://www.ebuyer.com/customer/products/index.html?action=c2hvd19wcm9kdWN0X292ZXJ2aWV3&product_uid=91795
> Rated for 8ms
> VGA only
> 300 cd/m2 brightness
> 800:1 contrast ratio
> £211(plus i get spinter cell, if i buy from ebuyer :)
>
> So folks is it worth shelling out the extra £30, for the better specs. The
> design of the AG, i think is nicer, however i hear the base is a bit
> flimsy. From a quality point of view the Samsung looks better(brand names
> rep etc.), either way £200 is a whole lot of cash. Should i screw savings
> and go for peace of mind or save £30 and use it to get a nice fat SATA
> HDD.
>
> So i need that final bit of convincing, care to share?
> Thanks
>
> --
> "Blu-Ray"
> 2600+Sempron (O/C @2800+)
> 512Mb DDR 400 (running in sync with cpu @ 184)
> 9600 pro 128 (O/C @ 420/500)
> Gigabyte 7VT600P-RZ
> Raidmax cobra case
> Dual 12" Blue CCFL
> Blue LED fans
> Arctic Cooler Copper 2L
> "Cheap and very cheerful"
> Check it out @
> www.russianspacestation.iwarp.com/blu-ray.htm

Food for thought.

I live in a fairly rural area so getting a look at either one in person is
gonna be tricky. And i haven't found reviews for either.
However on the upside the samsung won PC Pro's "Best Buy" award(even without
DVI), so i think it might be the safest bet.

Plus i've just stumbled on a review of the samsung at Toms Hardware
http://graphics.tomshardware.com/display/20050215/lcd-09.html

So i'm gonna read up. I'll have a look at the viewsonic's, i'm aiming to
order by the start of next week so i'll have to make up my mind fairly soon.

Thanks again

In message <%lGwe.12509$zM2.7279@newsfe4-gui.ntli.net>, Veritech
<avis.dalrymple@ntlworld.com> writes
>Hey posted this question a couple of times but i'm finally down on a clear
>choice.
>
>AG neovo F-419
>http://www.ebuyer.com/customer/products/index.html?action=c2hvd19wcm9kd
>WN0X292ZXJ2aWV3&product_uid=55183
>Rated for 12ms
>500:1 contrast ratio
>DVI & VGA
>250 cd/m2 brightness
>£184
>
>Samsing 913N
>http://www.ebuyer.com/customer/products/index.html?action=c2hvd19wcm9kd
>WN0X292ZXJ2aWV3&product_uid=91795
>Rated for 8ms
>VGA only
>300 cd/m2 brightness
>800:1 contrast ratio
>£211(plus i get spinter cell, if i buy from ebuyer :)

I have a few miscellaneous comments (that perhaps are not of much use to
you in choosing).

1) Both monitors deliver 24bit colour - not 32bit. How much
difference does this make for you, compared to a 32bit?
2) With a native resolution of 1280x1024, presumably the image
sharpness is not as great as a 17" 1280x1024?
3) There are 135 user reviews about the F419 - might be worth your
while to glance at them to check those comments relative to your
own planned usage (the 913N has three user reviews).

Cheers,
--
Neale Hind
Insanity is hereditary, you get it from your children

Good points

I Hadn't noticed the 24 bit colour thing, thanks a bunch, but i think i can
tolerate the step down from 32bit, what's a couple million colours between
friends? Are "all"(the cheaper kind at least) LCD's like that?

I had read a large sample of the user reviews especially for the neovo(thats
how i found out about the stand), but thanks for pointing it out again.

I do alot of web design work, and screen real estate is like Gold when you
do any sort of design work. I was intially gonna buy a 17" but when i saw i
could get a 19" for a few quid more it made sense to just go bigger. I've
seen SXGA on a 17" and the text is a little on the small side, so with a 19"
and bigger pixels this would change a little.Plus i already wear glasses, so
bigger text is always a plus. :)

Thanks again
"Neale D. Hind" <nospam@127.0.0.1> wrote in message
> In message <%lGwe.12509$zM2.7279@newsfe4-gui.ntli.net>, Veritech
> <avis.dalrymple@ntlworld.com> writes
>>Hey posted this question a couple of times but i'm finally down on a
>>clear
>>choice.
>>
>>AG neovo F-419
>>http://www.ebuyer.com/customer/products/index.html?action=c2hvd19wcm9kd
>>WN0X292ZXJ2aWV3&product_uid=55183
>>Rated for 12ms
>>500:1 contrast ratio
>>DVI & VGA
>>250 cd/m2 brightness
>>£184
>>
>>Samsing 913N
>>http://www.ebuyer.com/customer/products/index.html?action=c2hvd19wcm9kd
>>WN0X292ZXJ2aWV3&product_uid=91795
>>Rated for 8ms
>>VGA only
>>300 cd/m2 brightness
>>800:1 contrast ratio
>>£211(plus i get spinter cell, if i buy from ebuyer :)
>
> I have a few miscellaneous comments (that perhaps are not of much use to
> you in choosing).
>
> 1) Both monitors deliver 24bit colour - not 32bit. How much
> difference does this make for you, compared to a 32bit?
> 2) With a native resolution of 1280x1024, presumably the image
> sharpness is not as great as a 17" 1280x1024?
> 3) There are 135 user reviews about the F419 - might be worth your
> while to glance at them to check those comments relative to your
> own planned usage (the 913N has three user reviews).
>

> Cheers,
> --
> Neale Hind
> Insanity is hereditary, you get it from your children

If you are buying this monitor primarily for design work rather than play
(games) you might want to consider getting an 8-bit color monitor. Like
Neale stated these are 6-bit monitors that use 2-bit dither to cover the
rest. The result isn't quite what a good 8-bit monitor would be but what
you gain is a very low pixel response rate. This is a big plus if you play
games, watch DVD, etc. However, if you do photo editing and such these may
not be an ideal choice.

Richard Forester wrote:

> If you are buying this monitor primarily for design work rather than play
> (games) you might want to consider getting an 8-bit color monitor. Like
> Neale stated these are 6-bit monitors that use 2-bit dither to cover the
> rest. The result isn't quite what a good 8-bit monitor would be but what
> you gain is a very low pixel response rate. This is a big plus if you
> play
> games, watch DVD, etc. However, if you do photo editing and such these
> may not be an ideal choice.

For Web design I think he'd do best with something representative of what
his intended audience is going to be using.

--
--John
to email, dial "usenet" and validate

Bobby

I can unreservedly recommend the Digimate 19" TFT. I bought mine from Amazon
sight-unseen and I'm totally delighted with it.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/exec/obidos/tg/stores/detail/-/electronics/B0007LYGDY/customer-reviews/qid=1120238042/sr=8-2/ref=sr_8_xs_ap_i2_xgl/ref=cm_cr_dp_2_1/202-4989889-2289443

BTW read all the reviews - not just the latest ones which are negative.

It's a great monitor and plays games without problem. And it's DVI.

Bobby

> Food for thought.
>
> I live in a fairly rural area so getting a look at either one in person is
> gonna be tricky. And i haven't found reviews for either.
> However on the upside the samsung won PC Pro's "Best Buy" award(even
> without DVI), so i think it might be the safest bet.
>
> Plus i've just stumbled on a review of the samsung at Toms Hardware
> http://graphics.tomshardware.com/display/20050215/lcd-09.html
>
> So i'm gonna read up. I'll have a look at the viewsonic's, i'm aiming to
> order by the start of next week so i'll have to make up my mind fairly
> soon.
>
> Thanks again
> "Bobby" <bobby@aventuremail.com> wrote in message
>> DVI output is important.
>>
>> My DigiMate 199" has DVI and it works great with my 9800 Pro.
>>
>> Bobby
>>
>> "Veritech" <avis.dalrymple@ntlworld.com> wrote in message
>>> Hey posted this question a couple of times but i'm finally down on a
>>> clear choice.
>>>
>>> AG neovo F-419
>>> http://www.ebuyer.com/customer/products/index.html?action=c2hvd19wcm9kdWN0X292ZXJ2aWV3&product_uid=55183
>>> Rated for 12ms
>>> 500:1 contrast ratio
>>> DVI & VGA
>>> 250 cd/m2 brightness
>>> £184
>>>
>>> Samsing 913N
>>> http://www.ebuyer.com/customer/products/index.html?action=c2hvd19wcm9kdWN0X292ZXJ2aWV3&product_uid=91795
>>> Rated for 8ms
>>> VGA only
>>> 300 cd/m2 brightness
>>> 800:1 contrast ratio
>>> £211(plus i get spinter cell, if i buy from ebuyer :)
>>>
>>> So folks is it worth shelling out the extra £30, for the better specs.
>>> The design of the AG, i think is nicer, however i hear the base is a bit
>>> flimsy. From a quality point of view the Samsung looks better(brand
>>> names rep etc.), either way £200 is a whole lot of cash. Should i screw
>>> savings and go for peace of mind or save £30 and use it to get a nice
>>> fat SATA HDD.
>>>
>>> So i need that final bit of convincing, care to share?
>>> Thanks
>>>
>>> --
>>> "Blu-Ray"
>>> 2600+Sempron (O/C @2800+)
>>> 512Mb DDR 400 (running in sync with cpu @ 184)
>>> 9600 pro 128 (O/C @ 420/500)
>>> Gigabyte 7VT600P-RZ
>>> Raidmax cobra case
>>> Dual 12" Blue CCFL
>>> Blue LED fans
>>> Arctic Cooler Copper 2L
>>> "Cheap and very cheerful"
>>> Check it out @
>>> www.russianspacestation.iwarp.com/blu-ray.htm

Hey i just visited your site, and man have you dumped alot of cash on your
PC's. Mind you i'm not much better at 18 i've had 4, and i've broken two of
them Total outlay of just over a Grand, over 8-9 years. Would hate to think
what you've spent

1 second hand
Intel 486 66mhz
16mb of ram
1Gb HDD
Windows 3.1(& 95)

one refurbished from the last
Celeron 533mhz
64mb of ram
1GB HDD
2.5 GB HDD
Windows 98

a new one
Fujitsu Siemens
Celeron 1Ghz
128Mb of ram
20GB win xp

And my first build
"blu-ray"
AMD 2600 sempron @2800
512 MB
9600pro
20GB
15GB
Win xp & Linux(Suse)
"Dr Richard Cranium" <dracman@compuserve.com> wrote in message
> [...]
> http://www.smokeypoint.org/ffxionline/rikku/jibb/Jueno.html
>
> -=-=-
>
> ** GTA III vice City Character MOD
> http://www.smokeypoint.com/uzi.htm#gta3
>
> ** Far Cry with Valerie as the Adventuress **
> http://www.smokeypoint.org/farCry.htm
>
> ** Singles: Flirt UP Your Life AI and character MOD
> http://www.smokeypoint.com/childrenspajamas.htm#singles
>
> ** World of Warcraft adventuring North to Ironforge. Dwarf Airport
> Discovered
> http://www.smokeypoint.org/wow/worldofwarcraft.html
>
> -=-
>
> "Veritech" <avis.dalrymple@ntlworld.com> wrote in message
> : Hey posted this question a couple of times but i'm finally down on a
> clear
> : choice.
> :
> : AG neovo F-419
> :
> http://www.ebuyer.com/customer/products/index.html?action=c2hvd19wcm9kdWN0X292ZXJ2aWV3&product_uid=55183
> : Rated for 12ms
> : 500:1 contrast ratio
> : DVI & VGA
> : 250 cd/m2 brightness
> : £184
> :
> : Samsing 913N
> :
> http://www.ebuyer.com/customer/products/index.html?action=c2hvd19wcm9kdWN0X292ZXJ2aWV3&product_uid=91795
> : Rated for 8ms
> : VGA only
> : 300 cd/m2 brightness
> : 800:1 contrast ratio
> : £211(plus i get spinter cell, if i buy from ebuyer :)
> :
> : So folks is it worth shelling out the extra £30, for the better specs.
> The
> : design of the AG, i think is nicer, however i hear the base is a bit
> flimsy.
> : From a quality point of view the Samsung looks better(brand names rep
> etc.),
> : either way £200 is a whole lot of cash. Should i screw savings and go
> for
> : peace of mind or save £30 and use it to get a nice fat SATA HDD.
> :
> : So i need that final bit of convincing, care to share?
> : Thanks
> :
> : --
> : "Blu-Ray"
> : 2600+Sempron (O/C @2800+)
> : 512Mb DDR 400 (running in sync with cpu @ 184)
> : 9600 pro 128 (O/C @ 420/500)
> : Gigabyte 7VT600P-RZ
> : Raidmax cobra case
> : Dual 12" Blue CCFL
> : Blue LED fans
> : Arctic Cooler Copper 2L
> : "Cheap and very cheerful"
> : Check it out @
> : www.russianspacestation.iwarp.com/blu-ray.htm
> :
> :

> -=Every Newsgroup - Anonymous, UNCENSORED, BROADBAND Downloads=-

Going for the Neovo Folks

I was set on the samsung, but then i Neale bought out the point of the sheer
number of reviews for the F419, and people don't tend to spend time writting
about things they don't like, bar the occasional rant etc.
Plus its cheaper, and its got DVI. Considering i've only got a 9600pro and
not a 7800 or something worth more than a house, think the 4 ms difference
won't kill me, and besides i got no room for spinter cell on my HDD's.

Reasons for each below

I've seen the Digimate in person a couple of times bobby, but i don't care
much for the style of it.
Couldn't justify the price difference even if it was a samsung for the
samsung
Videoseven didn't have a wide enough choice in my price range, as the
display is in my bedroom i was only willing to comprise on looks if its
specs ruled all.
the other good samsungs were just too expensive, i had a fairly strict
budget of 200, and even the 913N was a push.

Now i just gotta pray for no dead pixels
Thanks again, i'll post back later next week to tell ya if i made the right
choice.
"Veritech" <avis.dalrymple@ntlworld.com> wrote in message
> Hey posted this question a couple of times but i'm finally down on a
> clear choice.
>
> AG neovo F-419
> http://www.ebuyer.com/customer/products/index.html?action=c2hvd19wcm9kdWN0X292ZXJ2aWV3&product_uid=55183
> Rated for 12ms
> 500:1 contrast ratio
> DVI & VGA
> 250 cd/m2 brightness
> £184
>
> Samsing 913N
> http://www.ebuyer.com/customer/products/index.html?action=c2hvd19wcm9kdWN0X292ZXJ2aWV3&product_uid=91795
> Rated for 8ms
> VGA only
> 300 cd/m2 brightness
> 800:1 contrast ratio
> £211(plus i get spinter cell, if i buy from ebuyer :)
>
> So folks is it worth shelling out the extra £30, for the better specs. The
> design of the AG, i think is nicer, however i hear the base is a bit
> flimsy. From a quality point of view the Samsung looks better(brand names
> rep etc.), either way £200 is a whole lot of cash. Should i screw savings
> and go for peace of mind or save £30 and use it to get a nice fat SATA
> HDD.
>
> So i need that final bit of convincing, care to share?
> Thanks
>
> --
> "Blu-Ray"
> 2600+Sempron (O/C @2800+)
> 512Mb DDR 400 (running in sync with cpu @ 184)
> 9600 pro 128 (O/C @ 420/500)
> Gigabyte 7VT600P-RZ
> Raidmax cobra case
> Dual 12" Blue CCFL
> Blue LED fans
> Arctic Cooler Copper 2L
> "Cheap and very cheerful"
> Check it out @
> www.russianspacestation.iwarp.com/blu-ray.htm

I think you missed my point. I said what I did with the understanding that
OP will probably be using a photo editor (i.e. Photoshop). If you want to
get a true representation of color a 6-bit monitor is just not going to cut
it.

I'm not quite sure how the OP will know what his intended web audience is
using. There is no web statistic that I know of that can detect this and
report it to the webmaster. Even if they were using a similar monitor odds
are they wouldn't have it calibrated the same way. The point I'm trying to
drive here is what I originally stated. If accurate color is more important
go with an 8-bit monitor (most people have these anyway), if gaming and
watching TV is more important go with a faster 6-bit monitor. Hopefully
these technical shortcomings will be dealt with in the next generation of
LCDs.

Ultimately the monitor that's right for the OP is one that will fit *his*
needs, not someone elses.

Richard

"J. Clarke" <jclarke.usenet@snet.net.invalid> wrote in message
> Richard Forester wrote:
>
> For Web design I think he'd do best with something representative of what
> his intended audience is going to be using.

Super! I'd be interested to hear what you think of the monitor once it
arrives. Let us know.

> [...]
>> and go for peace of mind or save £30 and use it to get a nice fat SATA
>> HDD.
>>
>> So i need that final bit of convincing, care to share?
>> Thanks
>>
>> --
>> "Blu-Ray"
>> 2600+Sempron (O/C @2800+)
>> 512Mb DDR 400 (running in sync with cpu @ 184)
>> 9600 pro 128 (O/C @ 420/500)
>> Gigabyte 7VT600P-RZ
>> Raidmax cobra case
>> Dual 12" Blue CCFL
>> Blue LED fans
>> Arctic Cooler Copper 2L
>> "Cheap and very cheerful"
>> Check it out @
>> www.russianspacestation.iwarp.com/blu-ray.htm

Bobby

> I've seen the Digimate in person a couple of times bobby, but i don't care

Can't argue. Style is basic. But performance superb. I get lots of comments
like "That's a great monitor" when people see it. So no complaints about the
DigiMate but it doesn't look great switched off.

I'm sitting here waiting for the delivery guy.

All of sudden my CRT looks very ugly, and beige. Hopefully these are the
last words i type on this thing.

Being this excited about components should really be a crime.