Directory security

How can I secure a shared directory to be accessed by certain users through a
LAN
by a windows logon dialog
--
J.MOUZAKIS

My network consists of 4 pc's on WORKGROUP
Each one of them has an IP address in the range 192.168.1.* and Windows XP
Professional (SP2) operating system

When I tried to secure a directory modifying the Properties-->Security of
the directory all I achieved is that I get a message "Access is denied" when
I reach that directory.

I would like some help in order to do the following

a. Create one user for each pc that will have access to the directory
b. Modify user's group so that I may have a logon dialog instead of Access
is denied (maybe in guest group, please help on this)
c. Properly modify directory's properties

Thanks

--
J.MOUZAKIS

"J.MOUZAKIS" <JMOUZAKIS@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> How can I secure a shared directory to be accessed by certain users
> through a
> LAN
> by a windows logon dialog
> --
> J.MOUZAKIS

If the partition is formatted with NTFS the following applies:

http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;308418

If the partition is formatted with FAT32 you are limited to share permisions
which are not as flexible and may not do what you want.

http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/using/networking/learnmore/filesharing.mspx

Kerry